• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • picard
    Valued Member
    • May 2011
    • wollongong

Land cruiser vs triton

Just thought u triton guys would like this for a laugh.
    Hope link works, cheers.

Mitsubishi Triton climbs the soft sand dune with ease whereas the heavy Land Cruiser struggles after many failed attempts.Feel free to share and leave your c...
    mods, bridgestone 694 LT 265/65, ulitmate suspension 2 in with poly airbags, side awning
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

Tyre pressure incorrect on the cruiser
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• green troll
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2015
      • Adelaide

I think weight is going to play a big role in that. And yeah who knows what tyre pressures they where running. But sill good to watch. He was bouncing pretty good on the last run.

Comment

• Aussie_Dan
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2010
        • Cairns

"I don't need to let my tyres down, I drive a Toyota....."
        Attached Files
        2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• pajeromack
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2014
          • NSW

It's all about the weight, strictly speaking the pressure exerted on the ground by the tyres. I've been in the same situation before.

Comment

• Gus
            Administrator
            • Mar 2008
            • Traralgon. Vic

Haha! Good 1.. My Paj was fantastic in the dunes/sand will be interesting when the time comes with my 200 series..

I'm aware of more than a few 200s having issues when on the sand in most cases it's driver not knowing how to use the traction control turning the stability control off same issue a few have in the Later model Pajs also as Dave said tyre pressure was more an issue here, IMO have a look how the vehicle didn't react to turn rather it slid side ways..

In regards to weight my Paj with all its kit was just under 3 ton stock the cruisers are about 2650 mine will be around the 3200 fully loaded... So weight shouldn't be the issue in sand - momentum, tyre pressure & knowing how to use the particular 4WDs electronic aids IS..
            VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
            NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• stevemc181
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2012
              • Thornlie/Perth

Watching the cruiser trying to turn into the dune, it just wants to push straight ahead. Diff locks possibly? The way he was bouncing the thing, it's pretty obvious he hasn't got a clue wtf to do. Tyre pressures must have been way up surely?
              2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
              3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X