• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paj27
    • Mar 2017
    • WA

Fitting a genuine misubishi bullbar to ns exceed

Hi - I would like some advice from anyone who has fitted a genuine ns bullbar to their Pajero. I have sourced a genuine Mitsubishi ns alloy bullbar and brackets but upon inspection of my chassis I noticed that there are no holes predrilled. Furthermore it looks as if the nuts need to be tightened from inside the chassis. Is there a template and does anyone know where I need to cut the guards ?

Any advice on how to start this project would be greatly appreciated- I'm a little nervous about drilling holes into my chassis and cutting up a perfectly good side guard.

Thanks in anticipation
  • liam
    • Feb 2008
    • chadstone

Originally posted by Paj27 View Post
    Hi - I would like some advice from anyone who has fitted a genuine ns bullbar to their Pajero. I have sourced a genuine Mitsubishi ns alloy bullbar and brackets but upon inspection of my chassis I noticed that there are no holes predrilled. Furthermore it looks as if the nuts need to be tightened from inside the chassis. Is there a template and does anyone know where I need to cut the guards ?

Any advice on how to start this project would be greatly appreciated- I'm a little nervous about drilling holes into my chassis and cutting up a perfectly good side guard.

Thanks in anticipation
    hi there should be instructions in there with all the parts and template for cutting the flairs

Comment

• naaron1985
      • Apr 2016
      • sydney

Any luck with this? I'm in the same boat!

Originally posted by Paj27 View Post

Thanks in anticipation
      Stock NS pajero 3.2. Working towards more.

Comment

• Dicko1
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2014
        • Cairns, FNQ

Found this...it may help.

Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• naaron1985
          • Apr 2016
          • sydney

Nope completely different for the NS :-(

Comment

• erad
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2015
            • Cooma NSW

I fitted a genuine steel MM bar to my NW Pajero. The instructions said that I had to drill a 12 mm hole through the chassis. A template was supplied with the bar. I did this, and it was a hell of a job because access from one side was really tight. I used a right angle drill head with a small pilot drill, then used a stepped drill bit (it is like a cone with various drill stages, stepping up in 2 mm diameters). I painted the bare chassis with primer, but I don't like the concept of having to drill the chassis. This was the genuine Mits bar as well..

Comment

• naaron1985
              • Apr 2016
              • sydney

Yea I can imagine its a pain in the a** job. Surely somebody still has the original instructions and drill template & instructions for the NS model. Happy to purchase or return once complete.

Comment

• erad
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2015
                • Cooma NSW

Originally posted by naaron1985 View Post
                Yea I can imagine its a pain in the a** job. Surely somebody still has the original instructions and drill template & instructions for the NS model. Happy to purchase or return once complete.
                If you cannot get the template and instructions, you could fit the brackets up with one bolt and then use the hole in the bracket as a guide for tthe other . Not as good as the real thing, but it may get you out of jail for this one. The hardest part would then be lining up the brackets to get the correct height. Cutting the flares wasn't needed for initial fitting. All you have to do is to clear the bull bar. Then you sit the rubber infills in position, mark the top edge and cut 10 mm below that line.

Comment

• naaron1985
                  • Apr 2016
                  • sydney

Thanks! Cutting the flare is the least of my worries. There are no holes pre-drilled in chassis so that's where my concern is. I don't want to start guessing in that department.

Comment

• DID Dash
                    • Aug 2016
                    • Australia

I fitted an Genuine Alloy Bar to my last car (NS Swb R) years ago. Both the Fitting Instructions (paper) and Templates are long gone, but I do recall the Templates were sheet steel with pilot holes for guides, and I also used the right angle drill to do the job. I suppose like me, most people would dump the templates after one use. Hope someone can sort you out. I was quite happy with my bar, but it only carried lights and antenna. Never hit anything with it. Good luck.
                    17MY Pajero Sport, Factory Towbar, King Springs KCRS-23/Pedders 5899 Cones, 265/70R17 A/T's for the rough trips.

Comment

• Matty_P
                      • May 2014
                      • Bayside Brisbane QLD

Originally posted by naaron1985 View Post
                      Any luck with this? I'm in the same boat!
                      I bought a 2nd hand NS MM bar (ECB) had ECB at Penrith (Sydney west) fit it for $300 did a great job. Probably doesnt help you but if its a hassle then aftermarket fit could be the answer.

Comment

• Paj27
                        • Mar 2017
                        • WA

Thank you all for getting back to the initial post. So I have established that i do need to drill the chassis which is not ideal.

I still have not plucked up the courage to do this without a template and it’s actually hilarious how unhelpful the dealers are with regard to giving out this information.

I will continue to search and post it online when I find the answer.

Cheers

Comment

• Paj27
                          • Mar 2017
                          • WA

Thank you all for getting back to the initial post. So I have established that i do need to drill the chassis which is not ideal.

I still have not plucked up the courage to do this without a template and it’s actually hilarious how unhelpful the dealers are with regard to giving out this information.

I will continue to search and post it online when I find the answer.

Cheers

Comment

• Mromilio
                            • Mar 2017
                            • Brisbane QLD

Hi Paj27,

Have you managed to fit the bullbar?
                            2015 NX PAJERO
                            COA Bashplates
                            Nautia Engineering TPMS and pocket
                            Hike IT S9
                            RFI 3dbi aerial with Uniden UHF
                            Rola flat rack 1800x1200 with low mounts
                            Provent Catch
                            Secondary fuel filter
                            Night eye LED low beam lights
                            LED Interior lights

Future plans:
                            2" lift
                            Falken WIldpeak AT3R 275/65/R18
                            Water tank
                            Wired in air compressor

*Previous NS VRX Pajero*

Comment

• Scooby
                              Valued Member
                              • Jan 2011
                              • Ipswich, Qld.

Has anyone got the install instructions and template for fitting the factory bullbar to a NS, NT, or NW?
                              Scooby, Scott, Scooter, Whatever.

Pajero 2013 NW VRX DID Auto. Basically Stock. 300k. Heavier rear springs to tow the GG’s. Automate also to tow the GG,s.

Pajero 2002 NM GLS V6 Auto. Basically stock. 385k.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X