• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jhale101
    • Apr 2015
    • adelaide

rear door bumper rubber

I just picked up a rear door bumper rubber that fits in the hole just above the door latch.
    Made a big difference in the solid way the door closed and also stopping the door from rattling.

Thank you to one of our brothers on this forum ( I can't remember who it was) for the heads up.

I was slugged $10 rather than $3 that was told on the initial posting.

Oh well - another few dollars profit for Mitsi.
    2" lift kit, SVP EGR mod, Roley rear bash plate, LED interior lighting, spare wheel lift, Uniden UHF, Poly Air bags, 2100 mm Rhino Roof rack on Rhino rails, Rear drawers, LED reversing lights
  • Pajero12
    • Dec 2015
    • Adelaide

Hi jhale,

It was from this thread here. Mitsi jag you different amounts depending on how they feel. Glad to hear it has helped!

Jim
    NW GL. DiD Auto with 265/75 St Maxx on 17" Alloys, Factory Steel bullbar
    MODS: TJM Airtec Snorkel | Bilstein Shocks with King Springs | full bushskinz bash plates | LED Lightbar | Rhino Platform | GME XRS UHF platform mounted antenna w folding bracket | Kings Awning | Ultragauge | Dual Battery | Rear Storage System | Paddle Shift | M&M Lockup Mate

Comment

• Rooster
      • Sep 2007
      • Adelaide

I did the same as Jhale, ordered mine through the Wayville dealer and bought two as the first was lost easily now I have a spare paid around $3 each. I also found the drivers door one was missing as well although it is slightly different size. Why the difference in price?
      NW 3.2 Diesel Auto Platinum, Cool Silver, Redarc Remote Head Electric Brake Controller, Mitsi towbar, GME 3400 UHF, full window tint, home made rear drawers, bushskinz intercooler guard, custom alloy sump and trans sump guards, rhino racks, arb awning, UltraGauge, Lovells HD coils and Bilsteins, BFG KO2's, Automate TCC Lockup kit, Hikeit throttle controller

Comment

• Pajero12
        • Dec 2015
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by Rooster View Post
        Why the difference in price?
        I think it's because they can... It's the same as if you ring up a different dealer (Mitsubishi) for a service, they service it to the book but charge up to $500 difference in some cases. Maybe it's because they are independently owned and operated running different margins

Jim
        MODS: TJM Airtec Snorkel | Bilstein Shocks with King Springs | full bushskinz bash plates | LED Lightbar | Rhino Platform | GME XRS UHF platform mounted antenna w folding bracket | Kings Awning | Ultragauge | Dual Battery | Rear Storage System | Paddle Shift | M&M Lockup Mate

Comment

• jhale101
          • Apr 2015
          • adelaide

door rubber

Originally posted by Pajero12 View Post
          Hi jhale,

It was from this thread here. Mitsi jag you different amounts depending on how they feel. Glad to hear it has helped!

Jim
          Thanks Jim for the initial info. Sorry - I couldn't find your posting to identify you.
          2" lift kit, SVP EGR mod, Roley rear bash plate, LED interior lighting, spare wheel lift, Uniden UHF, Poly Air bags, 2100 mm Rhino Roof rack on Rhino rails, Rear drawers, LED reversing lights

Comment

• Pajero12
            • Dec 2015
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by jhale101 View Post
            Thanks Jim for the initial info. Sorry - I couldn't find your posting to identify you.
            No problem - Happy to pass on help information when it comes up!

Jim

Comment

• jhale101
              • Apr 2015
              • adelaide

LED lights

Originally posted by Pajero12 View Post
              No problem - Happy to pass on help information when it comes up!

Jim
              Hi again Jim,

What brand of LED light bar did you fit to your Pag.

Jeff

Comment

• Pajero12
                • Dec 2015
                • Adelaide

Originally posted by jhale101 View Post
                Hi again Jim,

What brand of LED light bar did you fit to your Pag.

Jeff
                Mine was a no branded light bar from eBay that I bought 3 years ago for around $100...
                It is a good light bar, I begged to get it back from my car when I sold it because I'd since bought three that I wasn't impressed with.

On a sidenote - I have done some experimenting with the Lightforce light bars, their single row 20" light bar and their dual row 20" light bar. The dual row was better than the single, however it wasn't 'double' as good. For the extra money and airflow blockage, it is not worth it. The single one, on the other hand is worth it. If I couldn't get my old light bar back, I wouldn't be messing around trying to find one, I would just get the Lightforce one.

They're not expensive, but they are definitely not cheap either, they are, however, good light bars

Sorry I can't give you any more info, even if I could find the name of the supplier I bought it from, it would have been from a batch they had bought from a supplier that would never be able to re-produce the same light bar as they would change their raw materials they use in each component, giving them a product that looks the same, but performs completely different.

Jim

Comment

• GOSSAMER
                  Valued Member
                  • Apr 2008
                  • doncaster east vic

I walked into Eastside Mitsu in Melb here and asked the spare parts guy about one, he gave me this blank look and said we don’t have one, he didn't bother looking it up and told me he would have to order one from Sydney and just stood there looking blank No offer to get one in or asking if i wanted to order one so I said thanks and backed away trying not to make eye contact ?????????????
                  Back from the Dark side
                  NT VRX, Ironbark, Dobinson suspension, Kanati muddies 275 65 18, Boo's bash plates (now with dents )

Comment

• XTV
                    • Apr 2011
                    • Adelaide Hills

I received three of these after protesting that it was a warranty issue - however fitted them myself. Replaced bump-stops on the drivers and rear LH door plus the rear door.

Comment

• outbackogre
                      Valued Member
                      • Jul 2010
                      • Melbourne

Great thread. My upper rubber is also missing and the rear door does clunk when closing. I think someone has already indicated that the upper is smaller than the lower. I removed the lower one and noticed the hole is larger and has a slot on one side of the hole to make it easier to fit. Sorry to hear of Gossamer's experience because Eastside is my nearest dealer
                      My friends call me Rob; you can call me .... Rob.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------
                      MY12 NW GL DiD auto. 2" MD Lovells/Bilstein lift. Bushskinz underbody protection. Home made rear platform with sliding boxes above and lots of space underneath.

Comment

• GOSSAMER
                        Valued Member
                        • Apr 2008
                        • doncaster east vic

Originally posted by outbackogre View Post
                        Great thread. My upper rubber is also missing and the rear door does clunk when closing. I think someone has already indicated that the upper is smaller than the lower. I removed the lower one and noticed the hole is larger and has a slot on one side of the hole to make it easier to fit. Sorry to hear of Gossamer's experience because Eastside is my nearest dealer
                        Rob i have had great service from another spare parts guy there
                        Back from the Dark side
                        NT VRX, Ironbark, Dobinson suspension, Kanati muddies 275 65 18, Boo's bash plates (now with dents )

Comment

• pag
                          • Mar 2013
                          • valley view

I had the rattle too. The damper on the paj body where the rear door shuts onto (bottom corner) looked a bit sad (part MB270607) so for $10.45 from Northeast Mitsubishi I got a new one.
                          That worked ok but there was still a rattle, so I got a damper from Australian Motors Wayville that goes into the rear door a couple of inches above the latch (part MI-MU720011) for $4.30 and that seemed to fix the rattle. The door shuts with a solid thud now. That damper was missing- beets me, I dunno if it was ever there?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X