Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > ASX / Outlander

ASX / Outlander For the "All Wheel Drive " enthusiasts.

Old 20-11-16
Valued Member

Default ZJ Outlenader USB Input

Problem: The USB input to the standard audio system in our base model Outie always starts at the first track (which is very loud on the USB I am using). On my NW Pajero, it picks up where i last left it. This is much better for me and certainly my wife who won't use the thing at all because she doesn't know how to step it forward to the next selection or tracks.

Is there a setting which allows me to make the USB start where it was left off when the ignition was turned off?
Old 24-11-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erad View Post
Problem: The USB input to the standard audio system in our base model Outie always starts at the first track (which is very loud on the USB I am using). On my NW Pajero, it picks up where i last left it. This is much better for me and certainly my wife who won't use the thing at all because she doesn't know how to step it forward to the next selection or tracks.

Is there a setting which allows me to make the USB start where it was left off when the ignition was turned off?
Not sure about the setting but doesn't the button to change track work?
Old 25-11-16
Valued Member

Thanks Vlad. Yes the buttons do shift the tracks, but SWMBO doesn't like having to do this. She simply wants the thing to resume where it left off when the ignition was turned off (or when she turns the starter motor). I have found that turning the Select button chooses the next folder and when you press Select, it goes to that folder. Pressing the fast forward button simply advances to the next track in the original folder.

The thing is that my NW Pajero does take up where it left off, but the Outlander doesn't. Why?
Old 25-11-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Thanks Vlad. Yes the buttons do shift the tracks, but SWMBO doesn't like having to do this. She simply wants the thing to resume where it left off when the ignition was turned off (or when she turns the starter motor). I have found that turning the Select button chooses the next folder and when you press Select, it goes to that folder. Pressing the fast forward button simply advances to the next track in the original folder.

The thing is that my NW Pajero does take up where it left off, but the Outlander doesn't. Why?
The same reason why in the outlander and pajero sport, the steering controls do not change preset radio stations.
Old 26-11-16
Valued Member

Vlad: I just checked the Outlander (it came in for a pitstop) and the preset stations change with the steering wheel audio controls. It must be something with the MUTT settings which determine which will or will not work.
Old 26-11-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Vlad: I just checked the Outlander (it came in for a pitstop) and the preset stations change with the steering wheel audio controls. It must be something with the MUTT settings which determine which will or will not work.

Get a new wife.....

2014 NW..All the gear

Old 26-11-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
Get a new wife.....
That possibility had crossed my mind - many times, but who would do the washing, cooking cleaning etc??? Anyway, SWMBO won't use the USB any more, so no problems.