• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • craka
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2009
    • Newcastle (Newie)

Come on guys, both of you are entitled to your opinion and what may be small or big to one of you or the other is subjective.

As far as brand loyalty or what is considered a decent brand this day, surely you have to admit someone that works in the profession as an aborist is going to have a pretty good idea over someone that does not work currently in that industry?
    NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• Having Fun
      • Jun 2015
      • Adelaide

Let's get it back to the Ozito in the review!

From what i saw, it's a pretty decent little tool. It certainly ticks all the boxes for a firewood saw for those wanting a camp-fire, but not wanting the hassle of carrying fuel.

Because it's sold in Bunnings, there is never going to be a worry if you have a warranty issue. Bunnings are great with that.

I still think that it would benefit from an .043 gauge narrow kerf chain though.

Comment

• bb2wa
        • Apr 2018
        • Perth

Originally posted by Having Fun View Post

From what i saw, it's a pretty decent little tool. It certainly ticks all the boxes for a firewood saw for those wanting a camp-fire, but not wanting the hassle of carrying fuel.

Because it's sold in Bunnings, there is never going to be a worry if you have a warranty issue. Bunnings are great with that.

I still think that it would benefit from an .043 gauge narrow kerf chain though.

Interesting idea. I carry an Ozito power x rattle gun in the Pajero for wheel nuts. So one of these is an interesting idea for camping trips. The rattle gun works very well.
        2009 NT DID Platinum, CR5002HP air bags, KYB Skorched 4s shocks, std front springs, rear Kings std . Alpine iLX-702D, Occam roof rack 2.2m on backbone.

Comment

• Ian H
          Valued Member
          • May 2015
          • Melbourne

My 12v rattle gun undid some wheel nuts that no amount of persuasion with a long lever could budge. For around $60 they are invaluable.
          2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• denmonkey
            • Oct 2017
            • Newcastle NSW

Originally posted by Having Fun View Post

it sure is mate. I was using it on the weekend for chopping up some branches I'd pruned to go through a wood chipper.
            It's small and light enough to wield one handed with due caution

Ozito got in touch this week and asked if I wanted to try out the big brother of this one.
            Should have it next week or so for a test out.

I'm very curious to see how it goes. I'm still partial to the little one for convenience and portability.
            Will chuck up a vid once I've had some time with it.

cheers brett

Comment

• Having Fun
              • Jun 2015
              • Adelaide

Sounds good! Don't forget to post up the results

That little Echo of yours REALLY wakes up with a muffler mod you loose the factory warranty if you do it though.

Comment

• denmonkey
                • Oct 2017
                • Newcastle NSW

Don't know about the muffler mod.....do tell

Comment

• Having Fun
                  • Jun 2015
                  • Adelaide

There's lots & lots of stuff about it on line. All of my saws are done, except the one I just bought last week. I'll do that one after Christmas.

The results have to be seen to be believed!

But remember, if you choose to do it (and that is entirely up to you) your saw will be much louder, as well as cut much harder, and you will loose your warranty.

Comment

• denmonkey
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Newcastle NSW

cheers mate. I've seen a few vids and it looks simple enough.

That said I've been very happy with it as is and am a little concerned about the increase in the rev range.

Let me know what you think of it when you're done. I'd be keen to see what you think

Comment

• Hatto
                      Valued Member
                      • Nov 2013
                      • Mandurah WA

Well after reading this thread ages ago I finally bought myself one of those 18v Ozito X chainsaws yesterday and got to give it a crack today. With a new sharp chain it has exceeded my expectations! I was pruning a huge tree and cutting limbs up to 100mm so far and it's got plenty of power for what I need. I really bought it for camping duties but thought I'd see how it performs. Really happy. Ran for long enough on a single charge to do me for 2-3 nights away. Could always take my inverter to charge it from the car if I had to.
                      Thanks for the review Brett.
                      Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
                      ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• Dicko1
                        Valued Member
                        • Dec 2014
                        • Cairns, FNQ

I purchased a Milwaukee battery chainsaw 2 weeks ago. Fired it up a couple of days ago to cut up a palm tree. Made mincemeat of it!. I bought the Milwaukee as I have had other Milwaukee tools for many years and never had one let me down. Solid, quality engineering that is a delight to use. Expensive to start with but pay for themselves in the long run. This saw makes my mates Husqvarna look dim. 2 x 12 amp batteries and a quick charge charger will live in the camper. Battery chainsaws (any make you can afford) are a very handy tool in any camper and saves carrying extra fuel and tools. Lot bloody lighter too! If you have a few battery operated tools at home then a chainsaw is worth looking at. They will have plenty of grunt for any camping trip.
                        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• LoraMoser
                          • Feb 2020
                          • USA

Looked at portable electric options and ended up buying a Greenworks PRO saw a couple of months ago.
                          It a nice size and it should be a bit more capable than the electric saws.
                          $290 on special
                          Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X