X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bear
    • Aug 2008

4D56 Waste Gate actuator

I have a MH Triton with the 4D56 turbo Motor, driving home from work Friday my ?poof foof? valve went off going up hill. Got home alright pulled the wast-gate actuator off, tested it; wouldn?t you know it?s stuffed. The new genuine part comes in at $440. Wreckers from $75 up (could just be buying the same problem) I have pulled the actuator apart and have found the problem; which is a hole in the diaphragm.

The question is, can I buy a new diaphragm? and has any one had the same problem and found an easer cheap work around to fix it. Your ideas/input would be much appreciated. B
  • Spajero
    • Aug 2007
    • Geelong

had the same problem here, pulled it apart and made a new diaphragm from a rubber kitchen glove, worked a treat, I guess if the damage is not too bad you could use a bike tyre repair kit to patch up the hole

Comment

• bear
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Spajero View Post
      had the same problem here, pulled it apart and made a new diaphragm from a rubber kitchen glove, worked a treat, I guess if the damage is not too bad you could use a bike tyre repair kit to patch up the hole
      Got a second hand one from Bris works fine cost 70 bucks, money I could have bought beer with; I know but hey the old girl is up and running again. Thanks for your reply Spajero.

Comment

• martinp
        • Nov 2012
        • rokeby

Had the same thing happen to mine.
        So I carefully levered the thing apart and found a hole in the diaphragm.
        Bike repair kit came out. Bother glue does not stick to it.
        So I used bike patch and supa glue.
        That was two years ago.....
        You can get them on eBay at about $40-$60 from UK sites.
        I re-crimped the thing back together and sealed it all up with goo!
        1991 single cab tub ute 2.5 turbo diesel.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X