X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wombat
    • Jun 2007

Service costs

I've just had my 15000km service done on the GLX-R and the cost is $532. It seems rather expensive to me - Is this in the ballpark of what others are paying? The same service in the high performance, high tech RX8 only cost $180 and included Rotary oil.
  • subi_man
    • Jul 2007
    • Canowindra - In the sticks, country NSW

Ouch! I that sounds steep Did they give you a breakdown of the bill? If so what was the majority of that amount for?

I've only just had my 7,500 service done - better lock her in the shed for a while!

Cheers
    Andrew
    White 07 ML Triton GLX-R 3.2 Di-D, Ironman bullbar, TJM snorkel, GME TX3440, tinted and lined, Lightforce 240's, 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler SA's
    Got a new Triton?? Click here!!

Comment

• marquis
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007
      • Newcastle

Depends on where you get it serviced.

When I had it serviced by MM dealers, I found price differences of $110/hr to $220/hr. The last service done by MM (about 40k ago) I had enough of the prices and things not being done on the vehicle that I had paid for (eg Hobart did not replace the fuel filter [billed me $200 odd for it], Newcastle did not lube anything, MM used cheap crap engine oil at most dealers that made the DiD so noisy).

Now I use genuine MM parts (fuel filter, oil filter, etc), coolant, etc and good quality oils, and everything on the checklist is done and more. This makes the vehicle run so much better... (and the people who run caravan parks give me odd looks when I am doing things)
      --
      Marquis
      SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

• bms
        • Oct 2007

Had ours done a couple of months back and was only approx $380 from memory
        as they no longer do the tappets at 15000 so sounds like you got ripped off.
        bms

Comment

• Para Ordnance
          • Jul 2007

Sounds like they carried out the tappet adjustment, or at least charged you for it, 'cos for a standard service, that's way too high!

The tappets are to be checked at the 15k (audible check for excessive clearance) service, and adjusted at the 30k.
          Maybe they thought your motor was noisy?? Even so, you should of been made aware of the extra charge!

Comment

• Aussie03
            • Sep 2007
            • Sydney

My 15K service was around the 350 mark, I think two thinkg could of happen. They either gave you the wrong bill, or they ripped you off.
            I would expect to pay maybe that much on a 45 k service.

Comment

• marquis
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2007
              • Newcastle

I know on the 45k for the DiD Pajero - if you purchase the oils/parts you are looking at about $450 alone plus labour of 3.5 - 4.5 hours to do it properly.

If they are charging $500-600 I doubt that they are doing their job properly.
              --
              Marquis
              SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

• aldavnic
                • Aug 2007
                • Pakenham

service costs

I asked my mechanic about the new tritons and he said the cost of air,oil and fuel filters is through the roof and you can only buy genuine at this stage as Ryco were not making them yet! I think the prices for each of these items is between $70 - $80 each!! A breakdown of your bill would tell you more.
                NM V6,Exceed BFG MTs ,Injected Gas, Proficency course,GME TX3100 UHF , 2 inch lift, Pace Maker Headers ,Dobinsons.Navigation Course (still lost) Rola Roof Racks, Proficency Plus course.

Comment

• Rusty
                  • Jun 2007
                  • Victoria, Australia

Our 15,000km service cost $299.85 at Knox in Melb. Quoted over the phone at "about $300" compared to another dealer at Lilydale who quoted $400. So I reckon your dealer needs a shake. Are you in a position to pick and choose dealers? I have taken to phoning for a quote before I book it in.
                  Breakdown of ours was $108 labour, $120 oil and the balance minor bits and GST. They claim that the oil is actually $160 but they/MMA subsidise it at this stage as they believe the cost will fall quickly as there are more vehicles on the road requiring this oil quality.
                  I remain a happy camper with Knox at this stage. The previous NM was always serviced at a local 4WD shop as I did not have any confidence in the dealers I was using with it. Might get back to that at some stage but right now Knox are OK.
                  Rusty
                  2012 NW Platinum 2 in cool silver. Armour tint all round. Hayman Reese heavy duty hitch. Spare wheel lift. ARB heavy duty suspension with lift. Long Range Automotive auxiliary 81 litre fuel tank. Piranha dual battery set up. Battery World second battery. GME TX 3540 UHF.
                  Concept caravan, Autofridge 40L Fridge, Waeco CF18 Fridge/Freezer,
                  2008 CJ Lancer VR Sportsback with a few little extras

Comment

• Moser
                    • Jun 2007

Crikey $532.....what didn't they do?

My 15,000k service was $189 + $31 to adjust the hand brake + $93 for consumables (Heidleberg)...and I thought that was rich.

Why would a Triton be so different?
                    Marty
                    NP Exceeed DiD +++ inc LR Tank...>1,400Kms no worries

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X