• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • _Clinton_
    • May 2016
    • Canberra

NS SWB DiD Build Up

Hi all,

Have been lurking for a little while but thought I might put up our rig which we have owned for a couple of months.

Recently had the DPF delete fitted, manifold cleaned and 90k service, and it seems to be running pretty nice now. I've attached the photo of just how much stuff came out of the manifold.

It's an 8 year old car, with a long history of short trips so inevitably dirty and blocked up. The EGR block should also help in future.
    Attached Files
    NS Pajero SWB DiD - UHF, LED Light Bar, 235/85R16 muddies on NP Pajero Alloys
  • _Clinton_
    • May 2016
    • Canberra

By the way, this is our rig...
    We changed out the 18" rims for 16's and 235/85R16's.

We are loving the narrow, yet high walled mud tyres.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Johnballoon
      • Aug 2016
      • Sweden

Love these small ones

Comment

• _Clinton_
        • May 2016
        • Canberra

Hi all,

I've been wanting to do an EGT and boost gauge install for a while. I purchased this one below as it had both in the one gauge, which I thought would be more indiscreet in the Pajero, especially as I wasn't able to find a moulded pillar pod.

A friend made a thread and plate for me. Then tapped into the MAP line for the boost. Was all pretty straight forward. The tricky part was deciding where to put the gauge. As it's the wife's car, she specifically said NO to drilling holes into the dash.

So, I decided to use the plastic air vent piece which I could always replace pretty easy if she didn't like it, or wanted to sell the Pajero and keep the gauge. I wasn't sold on seeing the mounting plate, so I decided to mount it underneath where it's not seen. The 12v came from a fuse tap and the lights came from the sonar switch (as recommended by someone on here)

IMG_0861-1.jpg

IMG_0858-1-1.jpg

IMG_0860-1.jpg

IMG_0857-2.jpg

Comment

• _Clinton_
          • May 2016
          • Canberra

Then came the mounting and wiring. This wasn't too bad but the flimsy cheap wires broke a few times, so I just disregarded the connectors and twisted them together.

The gauge is angled the same as the dash, so not exactly ideal but still easy to see. The Wiring tucks in through the air vent so hard to see and looks tidy. Oh, and I ran the tube and wiring through the rubber grommet for the bonnet release.

IMG_0866-1.jpg

IMG_0862-1.jpg

IMG_0863-1.jpg

Comment

• starjunk
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2011
            • Sydney

Originally posted by _Clinton_ View Post
            Then came the mounting and wiring. This wasn't too bad but the flimsy cheap wires broke a few times, so I just disregarded the connectors and twisted them together.

The gauge is angled the same as the dash, so not exactly ideal but still easy to see. The Wiring tucks in through the air vent so hard to see and looks tidy. Oh, and I ran the tube and wiring through the rubber grommet for the bonnet release.

[ATTACH]35814[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]35812[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]35813[/ATTACH]
            Nice job mate... Will be embarking on an EGT gauge project myself soon for the NS. I think that a pyrometer is a must have in a turbo diesel. Especially if you do any towing.
            '92 NH GLS LWB 3.0V6 A/T ...sold Please DON'T consider
            '06 NP VR-X LWB Turbo Diesel Sports A/T..sold Please consider
            '96 NJ GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T..sold . Loved that car
            '08 NS GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T...daily driver. Wake up and Drive!

Comment

• _Clinton_
              • May 2016
              • Canberra

So I picked up a nudge bar the other week with plans to mount the aerial onto it. But I wasn't really happy with where it sat on the bar. It was in the way of my vision and used up one of the mounts I will later require for the light bar. So I decided to mount the aerial on the spare wheel area. A short look around possible mounting locations and I decided to go with this set up.

Just drill the swinging bracket mount and cut out the aerial hole. It wasn't too hard at all and very strong and out of the way. Not too likely to get damaged there either. The real challenge will be cabling, but that's another day.

ar3.JPG

ar5.JPG

ar4.JPG

ar2.JPG

ar1.JPG

Comment

• birdd
                • Mar 2014
                • Bundaberg, QLD

Looking good so far

The guage pod, was it 3d printed or is it an off the shelf part?

And the EGT sensor, how/where did you mount it? Does the stock exhaust have a spot to mount it or did you have to add one?
                2008 MY09 Pajero NT GLX
                MM Alloy Bullbar, MM Sidesteps, MM Tow Bar, Bushskinz Intercooler and Sump Guards, Pioneer Platform, Supa-Peg Supa Wing Deluxe 270 Awning, 2x2.5m Kalahari Awning, 23" 144W CREE LED Light bar, Uniden UH8080NB, eBay Reversing Camera, Sony XAV-AX100 6.2" CarPlay/Android Auto Headunit, MM/Milford Cargo Barrier, Torqit Pedal Torq, Dual Battery (CTEK D250S Dual, PowerSonic 120AH AGM)

Comment

• _Clinton_
                  • May 2016
                  • Canberra

Originally posted by birdd View Post
                  Looking good so far

The guage pod, was it 3d printed or is it an off the shelf part?

And the EGT sensor, how/where did you mount it? Does the stock exhaust have a spot to mount it or did you have to add one?
                  Hi Birdd,

The gauge and pod come together from Autotechnica and is an EGT and Boost gauge in one. The probe is useless, so I ordered an aftermarket one.

The EGT probe is fitted to the EGR blank which I have blocked on the exhaust manifold facing the driver's side. Some have used the stainless steel blank with a thread, but I find them a little thin and didn't want to risk damaging the turbo so a friend made up a thicker blanking plate with a threaded bung. Even just a 3mm or so steel blank with a thread would work okay.

For the car to work with that set-up, you really need to electronically shut down the EGR with a SPV module or similar, or maybe even drill out the intake butterfly.

Comment

• _Clinton_
                    • May 2016
                    • Canberra

Well people, my wife and I decided to sell our Pajero. We have had some great times with it and have found the forum an invaluable resource - so many thanks.

We haven't decided what to replace it with as yet, but another Pajero is not out of the question. Good luck with your cars and projects.

Comment

• aussieintas
                      Valued Member
                      • Feb 2013
                      • Sorell, Tasmania

Best of luck with your choice
                      2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
                      88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                      92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                      92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                      99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
                      95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                      08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Brudis
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Western australia

I like your tyre choice. Nice size high wall.
                        Any rubbing at all?
                        Do you think you could go a little higher again on the side wallor thickness or not?
                        Do you have standard suspension?
                        Im looking at getting some knew ones. Mainly for soft beach sand.
                        Cheers

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X