• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davoxt
    • Jul 2007
    • Pilbra West Aussie

Diesel particulate filter + oil grade

Can someone tell me if the new ML Triton diesel has a particulate filter ?
    The reason i ask is the owners manual states engine oil of CD grade and higher when i thought you had to use a low ash engine oil.
    Thanks
    Davo
  • Jets
    • Jun 2007

Well you could answer your own question here. Look at the dasboard diagrams in the owners manual and see if their is a light for it. Or I could simply say no they don't have one.
    I like being someone alter ego!!

Comment

• marquis
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007
      • Newcastle

If their spec'ing CD oil I seriously doubt you have a DPF. As Jets said switch on the key and if you have a DPF a light will show for it...

Just remember if your changing the oil, avoid castrol in the diesel and go with something like Delo 400 Multigrade or Shell Helix?? to get a smooth running engine.
      --
      Marquis
      SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

• sabot
        • Jul 2007
        • Melbourne

Triton 3.2L ML diesel: oil & filter replacement

Hi,

Originally posted by marquis View Post
        If their spec'ing CD oil I seriously doubt you have a DPF. As Jets said switch on the key and if you have a DPF a light will show for it...

Just remember if your changing the oil, avoid castrol in the diesel and go with something like Delo 400 Multigrade or Shell Helix?? to get a smooth running engine.
        Has anyone changed the oil-fiter & oil themselves on a Triton 3.2L ML diesel?
        If so, do you have brand & part nos. for the filter & oil (which meets or excees specs) you used, and any diagram or photo of where the drain plug & oil-filter is located?

Thx
        Sabot
        Triton ML 3.2l GLX Dualcab.

Comment

• sabot
          • Jul 2007
          • Melbourne

FYI...

I just did an oil change & oil filter change on my TRITON ML 3.2 at 10,500km. I missed the 7,500km mark (which should be carried for cars doing short start-stop journeys). Anyway, I replaced with original OEM oil-filter (which BTW says it is for 4M40 & not 4M41); and used MOBIL DELVAC MX 15W40 engine oil.

Sabot
          Triton ML 3.2l GLX Dualcab.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X