• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Ian Sharpe View Post
    isnt it good that we have people here that know so much. Good to see that someone can ask an innocent question & get such informative answers. Restores my faith in mankind.

Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Havok1
      • Aug 2013
      • Woodcroft, SA

Some cars eg Prado with twin tanks have a change over diaphragm to fill the two tanks from the single filler. The high flow pumps can rupture the diaphragm and cause it to only fill 1 tank. A friend of ours found out the hard way!

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk
      NS Exceed, 17" Triton rims, 2" Lovells lift, dual batteries, Lightforce 170s, UHF and 39l Engel

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2016
        • Greater Sydney

Don't have any trouble using the fast flow pumps after I worked out the angle for the nozzle.

Truck diesel is cheaper (Caltex) as it is not Vortex and yes it foams. Vortex and BP Ultimate are both low foam. I have no trouble filling to the brim with fast flow.

Comment

• nj swb
          Resident
          • Jun 2007
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by Ian Sharpe View Post
          isnt it good that we have people here that know so much. Good to see that someone can ask an innocent question & get such informative answers. Restores my faith in mankind.
          Seriously?

What was the question?

Originally posted by 02-SR5 View Post
          Are people that stupid?
          Did this question require an informative answer?
          NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Tuba
            • Feb 2015
            • Qld

There was an OP with its giggle, then a subsequent question. Re: Warning signs at servos that say "trucks only". Many are answering that question, not the OP.

I was wondering if I needed to quote it, but assumed like a fool that people might make their own connections. As usual, some folks need a ring through the nose. Come along....

Comment

• whereswes
              • Feb 2015
              • Melbourne, Australia

Originally posted by iTool View Post
              Why are some high flow pumps marked as "trucks only" and others marked as "trucks, 4WDs and vans only"? Why are high flow pumps unsuitable for diesel cars - is it something to do with the tank inlet?
              Thinking that volume and shape of the filler neck has a bit to do with it. With the higher flow, more fuel is dispensed before the auto cut out activates. Never had a problem with the OEM tank but sometimes get splash back problems with the BD LRT. Nowadays I listen for the gurgle coming up.

With regards to the banter, I don't think anyone's taken the piss since the serious question was asked! We're a pretty considerate lot on the Challenger forum and always happy to help.

Cheers
              Wes
              2014 Auto PC Challenger, TJM Bar with Centre/Side LED Bars & 12,000lb Winch, Uniden UHF, ARB Rack with single row LED Bar & Awning, Safari Snorkel, Boos Bash Plates, 265-75R16 BFG KM2s, 100AH AGM Battery and Redarc DC-DC to power Waeco, Custom rear interior, HR Towbar, Combo suspension (Lovells front/ARB rear), Brown Davis LR tank, Diff Breathers, 2 1/2" S/S cat back, ScangaugeII, Munji EGR controller, Bushskinz side steps, DPChip, LM8,

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2016
                • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by Tuba View Post
                There was an OP with its giggle, then a subsequent question. Re: Warning signs at servos that say "trucks only". Many are answering that question, not the OP.

I was wondering if I needed to quote it, but assumed like a fool that people might make their own connections. As usual, some folks need a ring through the nose. Come along....

A sevo I use occasionally has two stand alone truck only pumps. They also have two fast flow and six normal diesel pumps on the driveway.

The two fast flow are marked truck only. You couldn't get a semi or a bogie drive twin steer into them. I use them if they are free. I guess the sign is to stop dick***** in VW Golf trying to use them.

I don't use the stand alone truck only pumps.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X