• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pascoepaj
    • Apr 2011
    • Maryborough, qld

Se Qld 4wd tracks/day trips

Hi everyone, just wondering the locations of some good 4wd tracks on se Qld like glasshouse mountains etc, more looking for good day trips ones, and maybe general directions as well, I also remember reading through a 4wd mag that had an article on some national parks near that area but can't remember where abouts they said they went, thanks in advance!

Luke
  • jcd
    • Jan 2008
    • Gold Coast

There is the Dirty Weekends book which has 20 or so day/weekend trips :- http://www.dirtyweekends.com.au/

One of my favourites is the Queen Mary Falls and Condamine Gorge trip :- http://www.queenslandholidays.com.au...sing/index.cfm

Bye Jeff.
    NS Pajero SWB R, Diesel, Automatic, BFG AT/KO's, AirTech Snorkel, LRA Auxillary Tank, Dual Batteries, Thule Aerobars & Roof Box.

Comment

• JoshF
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2008
      • Brisbane

Whole bunch of trip reports to look at covering many SE QLD locations

NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
      Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• Pascoepaj
        • Apr 2011
        • Maryborough, qld

Thanks very much!! Give me plenty to read and also plan to take the pajero out!

Comment

• BrisVegas
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2009
          • Townsville, QLD

Originally posted by jcd View Post
          There is the Dirty Weekends book which has 20 or so day/weekend trips :- http://www.dirtyweekends.com.au/

One of my favourites is the Queen Mary Falls and Condamine Gorge trip :- http://www.queenslandholidays.com.au...sing/index.cfm

Bye Jeff.
          Just spent a weekend out at Condamine gorge / Queen Mary Falls / Killarney. Lovely area. The river/gorge track was pretty bumpy and still wet from Easter rain apparently. The creek crossings were fine though. Nothing more than 500-600mm I reckon. Having said that, we came across a guy about half way through in a VW Tiguan who was turning back towards Killarney as the water was too deep for him. I actually think he'd have had more issues with the deep ruts in the track we went through on the boonah end.

We camped at Killarney View caravan park and it was great. So quiet and relaxing. The kids had fun feeding the horses thru the fence in the adjacent paddock and the operators did a great pancake brekky on Sunday morning. $8 for a load of firewood and we had a roaring fire to keep the cold at bay. Kids love nothing better than marshmallows and a fire!

I reckon we'll go back to the area and do more exploring. The campground across from the falls looks pretty good too.

A few pics here :-

'Shrek' 2002 NM GLS 2.8TD manual. ARB bar. HD King springs & Bilsteins. Bridgestone D674LT. Milford Cargo Barrier. Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards. Exedy solid flywheel. 25mm core radiator. 2.5" exhaust. Airtec snorkel. Engel MT45, Projecta 150A isolator, 120A AGM battery in 3rd row. ARB bar, Fyrlyts & 30" LED lightbar Pics + 2015 Isuzu MU-X with all the fruit.

Comment

• Brissyguy
            • Apr 2012
            • Brisbane

Originally posted by BrisVegas View Post
            Just spent a weekend out at Condamine gorge / Queen Mary Falls / Killarney. Lovely area. The river/gorge track was pretty bumpy and still wet from Easter rain apparently. The creek crossings were fine though. Nothing more than 500-600mm I reckon. Having said that, we came across a guy about half way through in a VW Tiguan who was turning back towards Killarney as the water was too deep for him. I actually think he'd have had more issues with the deep ruts in the track we went through on the boonah end.

We camped at Killarney View caravan park and it was great. So quiet and relaxing. The kids had fun feeding the horses thru the fence in the adjacent paddock and the operators did a great pancake brekky on Sunday morning. $8 for a load of firewood and we had a roaring fire to keep the cold at bay. Kids love nothing better than marshmallows and a fire!

I reckon we'll go back to the area and do more exploring. The campground across from the falls looks pretty good too.

A few pics here :-

_
            Looks good, I been thinking bout doing a weekend up there with kids too.
            Mazda BT 50, dual cab, silver, 60 ltr fridge freezr, UHF , bullbar, sports bar

More to come as can afford it

Retired the old NS

Comment

• Paj People 2009
              Valued Member
              • Oct 2009
              • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Hi,

Going up to the D'Agular Ranges (Archers Campground Qld NPWS)) within the next two months.

Going to do the tracks past The Gantry, etc.

Any recommendations?

Cheers,
              Sally
              SOLD 2009 NT PAJERO PLATINUM & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X