• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amitasdhir
    • Aug 2013
    • Hornsby

Do I need suspension airbags

I am fairly new to the game so please bear with my ignorance. I am planning to get 2 inch lift soon ( bilstein and Lovells of course). In order to avoid losing those precious 46mm from the lift due to all the off roading gear, does having airbags help?
    My other vehicle - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p64KvHs5M6Y

NW 2011 3.2 DiD, Safari Snorkel, Bilstien and Lovells 2" lift, Warne WD 9000 Winch, Smartbar, Centre & Rear Diff Lock, Bushskinz Underbody guards, Lightforce Driving lights, Uniden UH7700 NB White CH5T Antenna, Continental Cross Contact 265/65/17/ Bridgestone Dueler D697 LT
  • Aussie_Dan
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2010
    • Cairns

Yes, absolutely.
    Have a read through this thread, which should provide you with the answers you need:

Cheers, Dan.
    2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• Easykill1978
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2008
      • Melbourne Vic

Originally posted by amitasdhir View Post
      I am fairly new to the game so please bear with my ignorance. I am planning to get 2 inch lift soon ( bilstein and Lovells of course). In order to avoid losing those precious 46mm from the lift due to all the off roading gear, does having airbags help?
      yes, tho many have stated that the HD springs are the way to go. many went from sd or md to HD springs (all around)as quickly as they could.. and were soo much happier...

the bags will help maintain ride hight, and your clearance will be helped... tho you will no doubt loose 4~6mm even with bags but its better then the back bottoming out and your car then bum sits (with the rear lower than the front.) then your asking for damage and trouble. like seriously denting ones fuel tank (did that in my petrol terracan, cost me a new tank and fuel pump)
      My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

Comment

• Jimbo2
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2012
        • Bendigo

I recently fitted standard rate springs (Kings) with a 50 mm lift with High pressure airbags.
        My motivation for choosing this combination is the car is often empty, but sometimes heavily loaded, so I wanted comfort around town, but to be able to carry weight as necessary- the standard set up did this poorly.
        With the standard suspension the van pushed the back of the car right down, with the new set up it only dropped 15mm. Added 25PSI in the air bags and it was back to about where it should be.
        On the way home from camping this week we got lazy with the packing and had more in the back of the car, and less at the back of the van. ie the van was a lot heavier on the tow bar. The car looked low at the back- 10 PSI extra in the air bags and all was good. You can feel the car move up if you are leaning on it.
        Early days yet but so far they seem to do what I want, but they certainly do not lift, they just maintain.
        Jim Boyer
        2013 NW GLX-R Factory Locker, TC mod,Dual Battery, 240V inverter, Anderson Plug, Fire Extinguisher. GME TX3500 UHF Radio, MM Alloy Bar, ORU 12000lb Winch,EGR mod, Fancy wheels, 33" Pirelli ATR Tyres, LRA Aux tank, Custom bash plates & Rock sliders, Ultra Gauge, ARB Compressor, LED Light bar, little mods around the cabin. Kings Std Ratecoils & Ultimate Shocks, Firestone HP airbags, Airteck Snorkel, Hema 6. Towing: Starcraft outback

Comment

• markc
          • Oct 2007
          • Brisbane Sth East

I use mine (air bagman) with a std suspension on my NT and they work great.
          Like others mention they allow me to have pretty standard ride comfort for most typical round town driving with 5psi in the bags but when I tow my 2600kg boat 30psi levels things up and improves the handling when loaded
          Cheers Mark :-)

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X