• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rihan
    • Aug 2008
    • vic

lpg milage

When i first had my gas in, it done about 230 with the trailer load of abt 550kg, with out the trailer it done 280-290, this week it only done 260. any one knows why this keeps happening, it always fluctuates. I am taking it in tommorrow to get checked, plus when i push a bit hard on the accelerator it cuts out...
    NM 2001 auto 3.5l, 40mm lift kit, Injected gas, cooper st's
  • zacc
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007

i have the same results . it depends on when you fill up how much gas goes into the tank. hot days and cold days are different. also there is a difference in the quality of the gas. i have noticed if i get it from a particular outlet it the economyis up the @#$%. if i purchase it from my regular (kleenheat) it is quite good.

Comment

• rihan
      • Aug 2008
      • vic

I have always filled up from shell, do u tink theri gas is any good, i do for the discount thingamajiggie

Comment

• mrbitchi
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007
        • Brisbane

I consistently get 320-340Ks from a tank in mine. Allways fill from my local Shell as they have the best price. That's without a trailer....
        Cheers, John.
        LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
        Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• rihan
          • Aug 2008
          • vic

how many litres is ur tank mrbitchi

Comment

• rihan
            • Aug 2008
            • vic

I just filled up my car and it took only 47ltrs, so there was still another 8-10 litres of usable gas. i wonder whats happening

Comment

• savage pajero
              • Aug 2008
              • Dalyellup WA

Have done 10000 kms since having my conversion done and do 700 km per week to and fro from work. I have 51 litres of usable gas (80% of capacity) and have averaged constantly 16.5 to 16.8 litres per 100. This involves a long haul up Rolands hill on the Coalfields highway in peak traffic on the way to the refinery. We can go from 110 kph down to 20 kms in the space of two kms and as you imagine this does not help with the economy. Get below 16 litres per 100 on a steady run with about 320 kms to a tank. Had the pajero back to the guys who did the install to see if they could improve it a bit but was running a good as it can be. They suggested running shell gas only as they found that they got more mileage that way with their own vehicles. Tried that for 4 or 5 tanks and found no improvement at all. Just fill up anywhere now but have found that filling up in the morning does see a small improvement. I think driving conditions play a bigger part they where you fill up from.
              cheers
              NM Petrol with LPG, Factory Steps and Rhino Rack, EC Bullbar, BF Goodrich ATs, Beach Sand Through Out.

Comment

• mrbitchi
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2007
                • Brisbane

68ltrs usable. Works out to around 19lt/100k.

Do you have the tank in the seat well with the cut-out dropped floor? If you do it's a 72ltr tank (68 useable) If you're only filling it 47Lt then try running it dry, then filling it. The system will automatically switch to petrol when it runs out so it's OK.
                If it still only takes 47LT then it sounds like either you have a smaller tank than normal, or the tank's pick up is not set correctly. Go back and ask the installer to have a look at it.
                Last edited by mrbitchi; 04-09-08, 04:08 PM.
                Cheers, John.
                LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
                Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• rihan
                  • Aug 2008
                  • vic

mine is a 59ltr usable tank, i thought i ran out of fuel as it kept cutting out, when i filled it up back again it only took 47ltrs, I am taking it back to the installer 2mrw, hopefully he can fix it

Comment

• cutting it
                    • Jun 2007
                    • Mandurah

Just a question on filling and size.. i have a 68lt size tank and exsperience simaliar issue as mentioned here.. although i fill mine past the 1st click off.. i've been to 2 garages and went to 75lt?? and still wanted to keep going.. although i stopped at that.. most have been about what i expect.. some less.. do most people here go past the 1st click ???

Comment

• savage pajero
                      • Aug 2008
                      • Dalyellup WA

No never have, always fill to the first click and that is it.
                      cheers
                      NM Petrol with LPG, Factory Steps and Rhino Rack, EC Bullbar, BF Goodrich ATs, Beach Sand Through Out.

Comment

• zacc
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by cutting it View Post
                        Just a question on filling and size.. i have a 68lt size tank and exsperience simaliar issue as mentioned here.. although i fill mine past the 1st click off.. i've been to 2 garages and went to 75lt?? and still wanted to keep going.. although i stopped at that.. most have been about what i expect.. some less.. do most people here go past the 1st click ???
                        how do you get 75ltrs into a 72ltr tank . i think the pump must be out .

Comment

• Lambie
                          • Jul 2007
                          • Victoria, Gippsland near Sale

If you fill past the first click you will somehow override the "full" signal (that the pump picks up) and the pump will keep filling the LPG tank ( but very slowly!!!!!!) to the point that it will be overfull - have a look at the guage on your tank if you do this!!

I've no idea what this means for safety - but it does give you extra distance betwen fill ups!! Re 75 l into a 72 litre tank - me thinks it is well and truely overfull and the pump is no longer working properly due to a lack of pressure difference???

lambie
                          NJ 1996 ITD GLX (poverty pack) with a couple of extras, ARB bar, dual batteries plus redarc, Glind shower, some roo spotties, running 235 85 R16 AT's for the road and MT's for the tracks, tweeked torsion bars, Free wheeling front hubs, Poly airs and prodegy electric brakes for the camper, GME radio thingy, Long range tank, cargo barrier, have I really spent all this on my bus??

Comment

• cutting it
                            • Jun 2007
                            • Mandurah

Zacc,, you can get more into a gas tank.. because gas can be compressed.. so if the pump at the fill station is in good nick and strong.. plus colder weather(cooler weather makes gas denser, hotter weather makes it expand), you can put more in.

So i have been doing this for a while.. i have asked a couple of people here.. they do the same

Comment

• mrbitchi
                              Valued Member
                              • Jun 2007
                              • Brisbane

LPG tanks are designed to be filled to 80% only. That's when the pump cuts out. That's when you should stop. Different systems do it differently, however. My Statesman will continue to fill after the first click. My Pajero won't. No matter what I do when the pump clicks off first time, that's it! And that is filling from the same pump....
                              Last edited by mrbitchi; 11-09-08, 09:22 AM. Reason: Typo..
                              Cheers, John.
                              LC200 V8 goodness

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X