Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories

Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories Discussion of after-market extras: winches, bull bars, tow bars (and Towing), roof racks, snorkels, and other cool stuff

Old 15-10-10

Default Supa-Peg Awning

Just fitted a Supa-Peg pull awning to my '88 TD Wagon. Very simple fit and quick to set up. Appears well made too with quality fittings. Anyone else had experience with these? We will probably only use it once or twice a month when the weather is OK so we'll see how it goes. be nice to have some shade for a change
Will.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SANY0495 640x480.jpg (155.3 KB, 237 views)
Old 15-10-10

Hi Will,
I ended up with one of these as well after nearly buying the fox wing, haven't used it much yet and as you say it is better made and for me it is also a locally made product, I thought the canvas should last allot longer. The one I have is 2.5m long.Hopfully will have it for long time to come.
Keep to the Left,
CYA,
Loza
02, NP, Paj,GLS, 3.2 DID,Auto,Nudge Bar,Narva Spotties,Rhino Roof rack with Alloy Tray,TJM Dual Battery,Firestone HP Air Bags, 2" Lift Lovells And Billys,E-Bay Snorkel,Bushskinz Intercooler and Sump Guards,Uniden UHF,Diff Breathers, Homemade Rear fridge and drawer system, Gunyah Awning,Reverse Camera, Bridgestone D694LT's,Tow 23' Retreat Caravan.
Old 15-10-10
Valued Member

Word of warning. Carry a couple of guy ropes and pegs. NEVER leave it up without pegging it. Slightest gust of wind and it will take off...

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.
Old 15-10-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbitchi View Post
Word of warning. Carry a couple of guy ropes and pegs. NEVER leave it up without pegging it. Slightest gust of wind and it will take off...
Yeah, I found out first hand Set it up this morning after completing the fitting for the pix and the wind came up, always the way eh

I'll make up a couple of guys ropes this arvo and throw em in the awning bag.

Cheers Will.
Old 19-10-10
Valued Member

Whewre do you get em and hose much? I can see 4 kinds on the website...which one is yours?

How do they mount? Do they mount to your roof bars or to the side of the basket?

Last edited by Pete; 19-10-10 at 11:41 AM.
Old 19-10-10

Hi Pete,
I got mine from Enoggera Camping store in Brisbane,allthough they were also at the Caravan and Camping show selling through Tent World, mine is the 2.5m and was $1,100.Just have a look on the web they have Utube video on it as well, look under Supa Shade.I Had to modify the brackets a little and fit them under the Rhino luggage tray. I'll see if I can find some pic's to show you.
CYA
Keep to the Left,
Loza.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0557.jpg (202.1 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg Copy (1) of IMG_0569.jpg (200.4 KB, 126 views)
02, NP, Paj,GLS, 3.2 DID,Auto,Nudge Bar,Narva Spotties,Rhino Roof rack with Alloy Tray,TJM Dual Battery,Firestone HP Air Bags, 2" Lift Lovells And Billys,E-Bay Snorkel,Bushskinz Intercooler and Sump Guards,Uniden UHF,Diff Breathers, Homemade Rear fridge and drawer system, Gunyah Awning,Reverse Camera, Bridgestone D694LT's,Tow 23' Retreat Caravan.

Last edited by Loza; 19-10-10 at 04:27 PM.
Old 19-10-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Whewre do you get em and hose much? I can see 4 kinds on the website...which one is yours?

How do they mount? Do they mount to your roof bars or to the side of the basket?
G'day Pete,
I bought the 2000mm X 2500mm ERV2000 with self supporting legs and top rails. I can't find the invoice but it was around $250ish delivered to the Sydney area. They mount on steel L brackets about 80X130mm. Four bolts stay captive in the channel the canvas and support legs are fixed to, and these bolt to one side of the l bracket, the other side of l bracket bolts to your roof rack rail. They are supplied with tapped back plates to fit into the roof rack rail extrusion and the bolts, nuts etc are all stainless steel. Very well made for the price I reckon, and after a couple of practice runs I can set it up by myself easily.
Pix tell the story
Attached Images
File Type: jpg awning fit detail 640X480.JPG (141.7 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg roof storage layout 640X480.JPG (132.5 KB, 106 views)
Old 19-10-10

I forgot to mention that I originally had the awning fitted to a set of cheap Ebay steel roof racks. It seemed solid enough but I wanted a carrier of some sort next to the awning so by chance I called into my local Repco store, and they have 45% off store stock of Rola stuff. I got two 1500 rail, 2 packs of gutter mount legs, a shovel mount kit and the steel powdercoated roof basket for under $400. I was going to get another pair of cheap roof racks, then spend $150 or so on a 1200X900 wire basket plus bolts brackets etc. The RRP of the basket was near $350 on its own
I fitted the cheap racks to the rear cause there is always something that can go on em!
The basket is for the bulky tourer tent, and gas bottles.

Cheers Will.
Old 19-10-10
Valued Member

Jeepers thats some price difference between the 1100 one and the 250 one?

I have the rhino roof bars and aluminium tray, like in Loza pic. But i am not sure i can see how i would want to spend the extra 750 ?

Does the cheaper ones pole all fit into the bit that rolls up or do you have to store poles somewhere and get them out and attach them each time?

EDIT: Loza bought the fox wing type one not that the big rectangle?
Old 19-10-10

G'day Pete,
All four poles are stored in the zip up bag, and they have short extension at their ends to poke through the fittings and have enough length to attach a piece of rope to. I need to set it up an wet the canvas then let it dry o allow it to 'condition' as it's new.

Cheers Will.