Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 1 Week Ago

Default Sport Mode Autoshift Disable

When I put my gear in sport mode the car does not hold the gear when RPM gets close to red line. The gear would up shift and its not helpful when driving in the sand.

I am aware that Pajeros after 2011 do not up shift. Any idea how to get my gear to hold in sport mode?

I am assuming this is a programming issue? Anyone has experience in programming Pajero gears?

Accessories fitted: Custom Stock Bumper Trim, Custom front light bracket, Lovell SD raised springs, Lovell Gas Legend Shocks, Bush Skinz front & sump bash plates, custom rear bumper skid panel, Custom Panel Switch, Dual Battery, Larger Transmission Cooler, Cooper AT3 Tyres 275/65-R18
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedwave View Post
When I put my gear in sport mode the car does not hold the gear when RPM gets close to red line. The gear would up shift and its not helpful when driving in the sand.

I am aware that Pajeros after 2011 do not up shift. Any idea how to get my gear to hold in sport mode?

I am assuming this is a programming issue? Anyone has experience in programming Pajero gears?

..I dont understand why you,d want to hold a gear at close to redline..Max power is at 4000rpm and maximum torque is around 2-2500 rpm..Redline is about 4250. I,d be changing at 3500rpm
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
..I dont understand why you,d want to hold a gear at close to redline..Max power is at 4000rpm and maximum torque is around 2-2500 rpm..Redline is about 4250. I,d be changing at 3500rpm
When driving uphill on a steep sand slope and gear shifts up, car loses momentum fast. I would rather be in control of when to upshift. Has anyone seen this problem on the Gen 4?

Accessories fitted: Custom Stock Bumper Trim, Custom front light bracket, Lovell SD raised springs, Lovell Gas Legend Shocks, Bush Skinz front & sump bash plates, custom rear bumper skid panel, Custom Panel Switch, Dual Battery, Larger Transmission Cooler, Cooper AT3 Tyres 275/65-R18
Old 1 Week Ago

Default 3.8 petrol

Dicko,
I think that he's talking about the V6 petrol motor not the diesel that we're used to😁
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke68 View Post
Dicko,
I think that he's talking about the V6 petrol motor not the diesel that we're used to😁
That's right it's 3.8v6

Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Sorry mate. Petrol not diesel. Last petrol car I had was a v8 falcon....not very good on sand dunes!!
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
Sorry mate. Petrol not diesel. Last petrol car I had was a v8 falcon....not very good on sand dunes!!
Not with that attitude!
2013 NW, Grey, Auto, Diesel. Resistor EGR Delete, 2inch OZtec + Kings lift, 265/65/r17 Bridgestone Duelers. Custom 2.5inch turbo back exhaust with 200cell highflow cat and 12inch straight through resonator.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedwave View Post

Hi Speedwave,

The 3.8litre EFI Petrol NS has the Jatco V5A5A 5 speed auto with a 1.6:1 low stall torque convertor fitted and 4.3:1 diff ratios, this is same Jatco auto fitted to the PB/PC Challenger except the Challenger has the 2.04:1 high slip TC and 3.917:1 diff ratios.

On the Challenger the INVECS II AT ECU control has built is "self protections" that limit rpm in certain gears, this maybe the situation in the NS. The trans will automatically shift up a gear when rpm is too high so it could be possible that that the tacho is slightly out of calibration and the ECU is sensing 6000rpm and the tacho is only showing 5800rpm.

So does this only occur in high range or low range or both?
In what gears? 1st? 2nd? 3rd? 4th?
At what rpm does the up shift occur?

What size tyres are you running and at what pressures in the soft sand?

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT245/75/16, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Lockup Mate.
Old 3 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
Hi Speedwave,

The 3.8litre EFI Petrol NS has the Jatco V5A5A 5 speed auto with a 1.6:1 low stall torque convertor fitted and 4.3:1 diff ratios, this is same Jatco auto fitted to the PB/PC Challenger except the Challenger has the 2.04:1 high slip TC and 3.917:1 diff ratios.

On the Challenger the INVECS II AT ECU control has built is "self protections" that limit rpm in certain gears, this maybe the situation in the NS. The trans will automatically shift up a gear when rpm is too high so it could be possible that that the tacho is slightly out of calibration and the ECU is sensing 6000rpm and the tacho is only showing 5800rpm.

So does this only occur in high range or low range or both?
In what gears? 1st? 2nd? 3rd? 4th?
At what rpm does the up shift occur?

What size tyres are you running and at what pressures in the soft sand?

OJ.
Hi OJ

You are right it's a Jatco gear as I checked. I have standard tyre size and this issue is common on 2007 to 2011 petrol gen 4 only.

Is there a way I can reprogram the INVECS II ECU? Do you know anyone that can help or maybe I find a way to alter the tach signal going into ECU to trick it to think RPM is lower so it doesn't up shift in sport mode.

I wish I can just grab an engineer from the factory this is a problem all 2007 to 2011 pajeros in my country are dying to solve