Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 1 Week Ago

Default What are these buttons and how do they work?

I'm buying a used NT Exceed without being there to see it. Brave or more likely stupid I know!

In the first picture, I see;
1. Extended (secondary fuel) tank pump switch? Is that right? If so, how does that work? Would the tank be a seperate tank? Would it sit in place of the 7-seater? On re-fuelling the car, would it fill up one tank first then go over to the other automatically?

2. The switch next to the ARB compressor. My wild guess is that's for the spot light override? Good enough guess?

3. The ARB Compressor switch. The car has rear air bags on Old Man Emu suspension. Does this mean there would be an onboard ARB compressor? Where is that likely to be located? Should I expect air hoses and fittings to be included with the car for tyre pumping? I've never had air bag before, how should I set up the pressure for towing a boat vs not towing?

In the second picture,
1. What is your guess with the red button?
2. How does electric brake controller work? My boat only has a cable hitch override brakes. Is it safe to assume there is another set of electrical connection at the tow bar?

In the Third picture,
1. Which Warn winch is this? Which model? How should I expect it to be controlled - by wireless remote or plugged in? I assume I would get the controller with the car?
2. Any suggestion for adding an LED light bar to this bar? I'm thinking of getting a hinged number plate and moving the plate lower. Then the light bar in its place.

Thanks for any comments
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MVIMG_20180903_101814 (Medium).jpg (97.0 KB, 153 views)
File Type: jpg 099y9ob6a2ttf03i7b0vhok91 (Small).jpg (44.6 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg MVIMG_20180903_101905 (Small).jpg (129.8 KB, 118 views)
Old 1 Week Ago

Default What are these buttons and how do they work?

1st picture def secondary tank, could be like mine which is transfer tank. In which case u can fill up either when at the petty station depending at what angle you stick the pump in, and then that button would transfer fuel into the main tank and beep when itís empty so you gotta switch it off again

Switch next to compressor switch looks like my spotlight switch.

Winch control box looks like my Warn Tabor. Has a 4m (?) long plug-in controller. May or may not be included in sale.

ARB bull bar may have top mounting points? Any other photos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Hey

Yep first pic is for dual tank. When you open fuel filler flap there should 2 filler pipes. Normally rear most one is for auxillary tank, front filler for existing factory tank. Fill both and on the switch on dash it should light up in red and green leds to indicate level of aux tank. The factory fuel level indicator on dadh only shows factory fuel tank level. As factory fuel tank empties you turn switch for aux tank on and it pumps from aux to factory tank, normally at rate of around 2 litres per min average. The system is totally manual not auto. Not sure what aux tank you have but google Brown Davies pajero tank or Long Ranger aux tanks for further info bud.

Too many variables to say what black switch does as it aftermarket.....could be on off for driving lights, or cut off switch fir winch, or fir extea lighting????

Red switch no idea again??

Bullbar is a ARB Sahara. Yoy can get led lightbat mounts fir chrome hoop on bullbar. Winch controller can be bought seperately but should be with car really. They plug into small black box just above rego plate in pic 3.

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit

Last edited by aussieintas; 1 Week Ago at 02:46 PM.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Given your trailer only has over-ride brakes, you can just ignore the brake controller. It would have wiring connecting to the trailer socket on the back of the Pajero, but doesn't have to connect to anything on the trailer (on your trailer there won't be anything there anyhow), the controller just lays dormant unless it connected to electric brakes.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Hey grumpy notice you are on Perth but pic has tassie rego. Anything i can assist with here in Tassie.

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit
Old 1 Week Ago

Hi Grumpy, not sure what you are paying or what sort of km's the car has, but with that amount of heavy duty setup, long range tank, brake controller etc., and the fact that switches have been attached with what looks like tek screws, I would be very careful about buying it unseen.

Would say that rig has done some long hauls towing a big van, possibly in some heavy terrain. Might be buying someone else's problems and might be better to look for a stock Toorak Tractor and add the bits you actually want.

Buyer beware.
2012 NW Activ auto 3.2 Diesel, ARB Steel Bullbar, 50mm Raised OME, Polyairs, LED Spots, Light Bar, Warn winch, GME UHF, Baroud Tent, ARB Side & Rear Awnings, Engel 40ltr Fridge, drawers, dual battery, ARB Dual Compressor.
Old 1 Week Ago

Unlikely that the air bags are connected to the air compressor (but i could be wrong). Air bags take very little pressure and i used to do mine with a hand pump. Compressor may have outlet front and rear for pumping up tyres possibly.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpySmurf View Post
I'm buying a used NT Exceed without being there to see it. Brave or more likely stupid I know!

In the second picture,
1. What is your guess with the red button?
2. How does electric brake controller work? My boat only has a cable hitch override brakes. Is it safe to assume there is another set of electrical connection at the tow bar?

Thanks for any comments
I have recently purchased an 2011 NT (RX) it has a similar perplexing red button (light actually) and I would be interested to find out what it is as well. I thought it may have something to do with the electric brakes but I am now wondering if it has something to do with the breakaway system? My camper trailer has an ATM of only 1600kg so I haven't had to worry about a breakaway system. The vehicle was previously NSW reg so would have had both a breakaway system and battery monitor which probably explains an extra set of holes in the dash.
I have just replaced the 2011 vintage non proportional Redarc brake controller on mine with the same Tekonsha P3 (taken from my previous vehicle) as shown in your photo. Proportional means the voltage (i.e. braking) applied to the electric trailer brakes increases in proportion to how hard the vehicle is braking. The controllers incorporate an accelerometer and have 4 wires: black +12V fused to battery, earth white, red-brake input and blue-power to the electric trailer brakes going to the blue wire trailer pin 5. If buying new most people would now go with Redarc towpro elite which can be hidden away under the dash.

Last edited by Wazza999; 1 Week Ago at 12:29 PM.