• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

The new Amarok V6 Ultimate 580

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap
  • aussieintas
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2013
    • Sorell, Tasmania

Nice bus. When I decide to replace my NS I'll be looking at a V6 Amarok for sure.
    2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
    99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Dicko1
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2014
      • Cairns, FNQ

20 inch wheels would be a real bonus on a 4wd...

It would be aimed at the urbanite who has a dirt driveway and can then justify a 4wd.
      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• littleriver
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2013
        • Queensland

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
        20 inch wheels would be a real bonus on a 4wd...

It would be aimed at the urbanite who has a dirt driveway and can then justify a 4wd.
        yeah/nah ... some are fortunate enough to have a second set of Rims and tyres ...

although even a set of 18's with more rubber gonna set you back a bit ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• spiderpig
          • Jan 2008

Just re-tuned our Rok, 195kw at the wheels now

Comment

• littleriver
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2013
            • Queensland

Originally posted by spiderpig View Post
            Just re-tuned our Rok, 195kw at the wheels now
            nice one

may I ask whom tuned it ?

Comment

• spiderpig
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
              nice one

may I ask whom tuned it ?

Crispmods.

Comment

• Peterng
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2013
                • Northern Rivers NSW

A tradesman tuned up at my place in a V6 Amarok.
                I asked him about it.. he says it goes hard nearly like his SS Ute..but without the v8 noise.the Amarok drives well, gearbox is good and pulls his 2.5 tonne boat no sweat.
                It has heaps of room..but..and the frown lines etched on his face..
                This is his 3rd Amarok and the only reason he gets them is the deal he gets from his car broker. If it wasn’t for the price...this one with trade in...35k..he would not look at them twice. All of them have had electronic issues and when the dash lights up with the latest error..he has to take it to the dealership for them to fix. Every time this happens..a day off the tools...this v6 has been in 5 times..plus the time off for service..it’s done 40k and the spares..eventhough fixed pricing service can be expensive. He mentioned gold plated rear rotas..
                He went an bought a OBD hoping to fix some of the electronic problems..he is still learning how to use it.
                While he was worked he received a call..conversation didn’t sound too good..a few f’s escaped the conversation and VW fk wits poped up. It must have been his car broker..
                He smiled at me and mentioned a top spec triton Ute might be on the cards if VW don’t come to the party and parking the Amarok in the dealerships front office was mentioned..
                I think I’ll keep what I’ve got..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Ian H
                  Valued Member
                  • May 2015
                  • Melbourne

We've had two Amaroks in our 4WD club, both now sold in favour of other brands. One of our members has been stuck in FNQ twice in 2 years and spent 5 weeks waiting for parts. He came back and put it straight on the market last month.
                  2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• catsman
                    • Feb 2012
                    • Western Melbourne, VIC

Originally posted by aussieintas View Post
                    Nice bus. When I decide to replace my NS I'll be looking at a V6 Amarok for sure.
                    Why? Have people still not heard of VW's dealership/company practices? There are about 20 other models on the market, many better and you never have to deal with VW
                    NOW: 2009 Land Rover Discovery 3 SE - I'm working on it..

WAS: '94 NJ 3L manual - ARB bullbar, IPF spotties, 2" lift, OME shocks, 31" BFG A/T. 384k and no more, RIP old girl

Comment

• spiderpig
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by catsman View Post
                      Why? Have people still not heard of VW's dealership/company practices? There are about 20 other models on the market, many better and you never have to deal with VW
                      And those other models are 100% reliable too and don't have issues eh?

Latest toyota hilux (Fortuner, Prado aswell) - dust ingress issues through airbox/inlet that Toyota won't admit to, among other issues.

Ford Ranger - Gearboxes exploding everywhere especially when used for towing and engines melting pistons.

Nissan Navara......

Shall we start a list or keep the blinkers on?

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                        Valued Member
                        • Aug 2016
                        • Greater Sydney

Volkswagen currently holds a majority share in Audi, Scania, MAN, Porsche, owns Skoda Auto, Lamborghini, Bentley, SEAT and Ducati.

BMW owns Mini, and Rolls-Royce.

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles owns Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep,Nissan, Mitsubishi Maserati, and Ram.

Every manufacturer has problems. It depends how they handle the problems that count.

VW were involved in one of the greatest scandals in motor vehicle history if not the greatest. That's enough for me to give them a big miss.

Comment

• nj swb
                          Resident
                          • Jun 2007
                          • Adelaide

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
                          VW were involved in one of the greatest scandals in motor vehicle history if not the greatest. That's enough for me to give them a big miss.
                          I watched my Mk6 Golf GTD drop in value approximately 20% due to that debacle, VW pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud the US, at least one VW employee has been sentenced to jail, but VW Australia denies that anything is wrong.

Why anybody would trust this company is beyond my understanding.
                          NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• spiderpig
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                            I watched my Mk6 Golf GTD drop in value approximately 20% due to that debacle, VW pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud the US, at least one VW employee has been sentenced to jail, but VW Australia denies that anything is wrong.

Why anybody would trust this company is beyond my understanding.
                            Yep and Mitsubishi is all that much better eh?

How this motoring world giant went from selling tyres to running the world’s largest motoring alliance, and starring in his own comic book

Comment

• nj swb
                              Resident
                              • Jun 2007
                              • Adelaide

Originally posted by spiderpig View Post
                              Yep and Mitsubishi is all that much better eh?

https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/car...le-cost-killer
                              Did you provide the right link?
                              NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X