• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sumnut
    • May 2013
    • Tawonga

Spotlight switch

Hi Guys,
    I have recently installed a pair of xray vision 220's on my NW.
    Love the lights but hate the mouse type switch that comes with the loom.
    Just wondering if anyone has found an aftermarket switch that fits in the blanks next to the traction control switch (LHS below steering column)
    I have emailed custom rockers a couple of weeks ago but unfortunately they haven't gotten back to me.
    What has everyone else done with extra switches? I want a nice neat looking install.
    Thanks in advance.
    Sumnut
    2013 NW MY14 GLXR, 2" Lift with Bilsteins/Lovells HD Combo, TJM Steel Winch Bar, TJM/Airtec Snorkel, Mitsubishi Tow Pack, 265/70/17 Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Uniden 7760NB, TJM dual battery tray (Redarc 1225LV yet to be installed) TJM Britax Xray Vision 220's.
  • wongapaj
    • Oct 2011
    • Wonga Park

There are number of switches that fit but you need to do a little bit of filing to square up the corners. There may be direct fit switches but I just buy from the local Autobarn.
    Attached Files
    NT 30th Anniversary, 3.2 Diesel, Manual, Black, Tinted Windows, HID Lo & Hi, MM Towbar, Prodigy P3, Stebel Horn, MMCS Override, Scangauge II, Dual Battery, ARB Deluxe Bullbar, ORU12 Winch, IPF HID Driving lights, UHF, Diff Breathers, D697s, Airtec Snorkel. HD Suspension, Bushskinz

Comment

• brad1985
      • Jan 2013
      • Tin Can Bay

hey mate i just used the ARB rocker switch (carling switch) the hole only needs to be bored out a little and still looks good.
      MY12 NW Pajero Platinum 2.
      ARB Deluxe winch bar, Custom rear draws system, HR Tow bar, 26" 120w LED Light bar, 9" 55w HID Spotlights, Canvas seat covers, Rhino roof cage, Maxxtrax, ARB dual batt tray, Redarc BCDC1220-IGN, ARB Awning, Rhino Roof cage, ARB 47L fridge and slide, ARB Air compressor, GME TX3540s.

Comment

• PradoEater
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2012
        • Oatley

pictures anyone i also want to fit two carling switches next to the ASC switch.
        NT 2011 DiD 30th Anniversary Edition, factory RD Lock, Toyo RT 33”, PWR interCooler, PWR radiator, MRT EcuTek tune, OL Steel Loop Bar, VRS 9500, ARB Awning, Kings rear awning, Full bushkinz, HD lovells + Koni RAIDS, front & back nolathane, EGR Block, 52'' LED bar, Scan Gauge 2, Projecta 150A, Optima + Fullriver, ProVent 200, Airtec Snorkel, Beaudesert Exhaust.
        Towing 2015 New Age Manta Ray 19BC

Comment

• NFT5
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2011
          • Canberra

Carling switches are fine but will need the hole modified a little and the housing at the rear of the panel, removed.

Alternately, as I'm doing, use standard Mitsubishi switches which just slot straight in but need connection to a latching relay since the switches themselves are momentary. I want to keep the dash looking standard and feel that aftermarket switches detract from the OEM look.
          Chris

Comment

• ChrisPaj2010
            • Oct 2011
            • Brisbane

I just used a Narva switch from Autobarn.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by ChrisPaj2010; 02-11-13, 01:45 PM.
            NW Platinum Pearl, Diesel/Auto/Dual battery/extra power sockets/anderson plug/tinted windows/icom 400 Pro/3 x DIY bash plates/DIY false floor/cargo system/T13 bar/Airtec Snorkel/12"Light Bar/60 lt water bladder/12 volt water pump/wet seat covers/brake controller/ 2' lift with lovells and bilsteins, HDP catch can

Comment

• mr gus
              • Dec 2012
              • ne vic

Gday,

I just used a Narva rocker switch.

I got the auto elec to fit it but they said the surrounds only needed to be cut a bit. Also the switch lights up when the headlights are on, looks pretty cool.

Not sure if two would fit, it might be close?

Cheers
              Attached Files
              NW Pajero VRX, Smartbar, Bushskinz x 5, Achilles XMT muddies, MM seatcover, Rhino crossbars, Diff breathers, 3 inch exhaust, rear shelf and diy parcel shelf.

Comment

• Maximage
                • Mar 2013
                • Darch, Perth, WA

Moved the ASC Button in towards the steering wheel so that the two spot switches are more visible from the driving position and not so hidden behind the wheel:

Then moved the Sonar Off button into the cigarette lighter nook as it will be rarely used. Involved adjusting the height of the power socket and cutting a new template using for it using a trimmed down DVD case:

Side note, the spot in the top shelf of the glove box is handy for additional switches if you don't have the analogue inputs in there:
                SOLD: 2013 DiD VRX, MM locker, Dueller 697s, ARB bull bar, Runva EWX9500-Q winch, full Bushskinz plates and sliders, Lovells/Bilsteins with PolyAirs, Airtec snorkel, Jonny Tig Front Mount Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" exhaust, RalliArt ECU, FuelManager diesel pre-filter, EGR block & catch can, BRC breathers, Hella 4000 HIDs, LED Light Bar, BCDC dual battery system, Tow Pro Elite brake controller, Couplertec, spare tyre lift, Whispbar roof racks.

Comment

• jettyroad96
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Mannum SA 5238

Spotlight switches

Hi, I installed the Narva rocker mounting plate, Narva rocker switches and blanks to the small open box and card holder area under the radio, see photo, fits exactly with capacity for 7 rocker switches and looks like factory fitted. Bought from Sprint autos. Only have spotlights and a winch moment switch in now room for more.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• PradoEater
                    Valued Member
                    • Aug 2012
                    • Oatley

Thanks for the pictures everyone off now to get some switches
                    NT 2011 DiD 30th Anniversary Edition, factory RD Lock, Toyo RT 33”, PWR interCooler, PWR radiator, MRT EcuTek tune, OL Steel Loop Bar, VRS 9500, ARB Awning, Kings rear awning, Full bushkinz, HD lovells + Koni RAIDS, front & back nolathane, EGR Block, 52'' LED bar, Scan Gauge 2, Projecta 150A, Optima + Fullriver, ProVent 200, Airtec Snorkel, Beaudesert Exhaust.

Comment

• heady1399
                      • Nov 2011
                      • Dalby Qld

Spot light switch

Hi jettyroad would you have any part numbers for the rocker switch mounting plate I like the idea.

Comment

• PradoEater
                        Valued Member
                        • Aug 2012
                        • Oatley

Originally posted by heady1399 View Post
                        Hi jettyroad would you have any part numbers for the rocker switch mounting plate I like the idea.
                        Try eBay May not be cheapest but you have a lot to choose from there's narva and there's cheaper ones as well as laser etched barackets usualy come in pieces you have left and right and as many as you want in between
                        Search for carling rocker switches or brackets u will find blanks as we'll some list part numbers usualy narva hope this helps u

I just bought the laser etched ones bit dearer than arb style ones

Comment

• heady1399
                          • Nov 2011
                          • Dalby Qld

spot light switch

hi pradoeater
                          I will have another search on ebay couldn't find any on Narva website haven't searched carling switches so will try again.

Comment

• jettyroad96
                            • Jun 2013
                            • Mannum SA 5238

Originally posted by heady1399 View Post
                            I will have a look and see if I have those details on the Narva fittings for you and get back to you.

Comment

• GrahameL
                              • Mar 2012
                              • Caboolture, Qld

Jettyroad96

Your set up looks so neat and clean, I wouldn't mind trying it myself.
                              Any instructions you can give forum members on how you removed the cardholder box, fitted the mounting plate etc.

As for Narva parts numbers I found this page on the Narva site that may interest members http://www.narva.com.au/products/browse/4wd
                              SOLD - 2012 NW Platinum in Graphite, Dueler A/T Tyres, Dual Battery, Custom sheepskin seat covers, Prodigy P2 brake controller, Lovell springs, Bilstein shocks, Poly airbags, TJM color coded bull bar, Airtec Snorkel, GME TX3540 UHF, MMCS override cable, cargo blind, Bushskinz underbody protection,

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X