Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Electrical / Radios

Electrical / Radios Discussion of electrical systems and accessories.

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Default Lithium Jump starters

Does anyone have a lithium jump starter like this one from Kings. If so how do they go with a flat battery on a diesel? https://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/pro...ower-bank.html
What do other people have that works
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

I have a Kincrome one.
Never tried it on a diesel but it claims to start them.

Mines been used once- on the boat. 3 cyl 2-ish litre two stroke. Fired that up like a charm.

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

I have an SJS 1200 that I use on a 6cyl Skyline that gets driven occasionally, hasn't got enough grunt when the battery is really low so I would doubt it's ability with a flat cold diesel.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

am I assuming correctly that these are rechargeable??
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Yes they are rechargeable. Usually takes 240v and 12v so you can charge at home or plug it in the ciggy socket and keep it full when driving around. Hold their charge for a long time.

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

I have a PowerAll lithium jump starter, 600amp (peak). I have only used it once to try, unsuccessfully, to jump start a Navarra. The Navarra's cranking battery showed 4.5 V on a multimeter. I tried 3 or 4 times to start it with the lithium jumper, which was fully charged. No dice. Finally got this fellow's car started using traditional jumper leads from my Paj's battery. Worked first time. So I don't know about lithium jump starters. Maybe I didn't leave it connected for long enough before trying to start the Navarra the first time . I still carry it, if nothing else it's good for charging my phone, and perhaps it will one day get me out of a pickle. But I haven't given up carrying jumper leads, and hope that if my battery goes flat someone else will turn up to lend their battery.
BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni 90 front and Bilstein 6272 rear shocks with Lovell HD springs, Lightforce 170 Halogen driving lights, Brown Davis i/c and sump bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager primary fuel filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD oil catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

I was away with a group early last year and a couple of them had portable jump starters. One cheapy didn't work and hardly turned the motor over but the guy only found that out when he had a dead battery as you can't test them on a live battery.

The other guy had the unit from iTech World which started 2 diesel engines during our trip with no problems at all. I see they are now much more competitive on price, down to $179 for the 1,000A version.

https://itechworld.com.au/collection...kup-power-bank

After seeing how good these lithium units are, particularly if you're out on your own without a second car to jump start from, I decided to buy one. I got the TrekPow 1500A for $120 from Amazon (au) which was a lot cheaper than the iTech version at the time. I had a flat battery recently so I gave it it's first test and it was perfect. It turned the Paj over as fast as if the car had a fully charged battery so I'm very happy with that purchase.

https://www.amazon.com.au/TrekPow-St.../dp/B07K3ZF4HN

It also started my son's VW and I haven't had to charge it back up yet.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

I have a Noco Boost GB70. I leave it under the seat in case of emergencies when camping etc.

https://no.co/products/power/jumpstarters

Benny
2011 NT Pajero Platinum, Fullriver DC105 & Odyssey 35PC1400 batteries, MM alloy bar, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent 200, Auto-mate TC lockup, Derale fan forced transcooler, 2 micron secondary fuel filter, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors & DBA XP pads, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, H-Reese Compact brake controller, Uniden UH7760NB.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H View Post
The other guy had the unit from iTech World which started 2 diesel engines during our trip with no problems at all. I see they are now much more competitive on price, down to $179 for the 1,000A version.

https://itechworld.com.au/collection...kup-power-bank

I've got one of these, which I haven't had a chance to use for it's intended purpose (although I could have if the damn thing was actually with me 2 times when it was required...). I chose it because it had good reviews, but also because of its power supply options (12v and 19v options). They claim: " iTechworld include the fittings and adapters to run your 12v equipment and to charge your smart devices. In real world terms, this means you can plug your small 12v fridge directly into the iTECH1000A and run it for up to 10 hours before any recharge is required."

In my 'real world' tests over this summer, I found that it would last around 2 hours with my 40L engel in pretty hot conditions, this was with fridge already cold and generally in the shade. Hardly the 10 hours claimed but not a bad option if making short stops on a long journey.
White 2016 Pajero Sport GLS, MM bullbar, HR towbar + andersen hitch, towpro, lovells 2" lift, cooper at3's, bushskinz, thule bars, clearviews, redarc bcdc + 110ah lithium, engel MRF40 fridge, GME TX3350, cel-fi go, ultragauge, idrive, nitro maxx 22" LED bar, awning, cargo barrier, ARB compressor.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

I've got 2x the thunder branded ones at work.. same as the kings though.
They start our new hiluxes & 70 cruisers without any issues at all. Can start ~10 cars on 1 full charge