X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alwyn
    • Jun 2019
    • perth

2011 nt v6 just got back from trip perth to victoria and canberra back to perth 90020 km .went like a dream 128000 km on clock

Comment

• Ky1e
      • Aug 2015
      • Muswellbrook

300k km on my NS here.. I look after it pretty good.. Still trucking on like a boss

Comment

• geopaj
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2007
        • Adelaide

My NT (diesel auto) now has just over 333,000km equally between me and the original owner (who I know). It’s done plenty of 4wding and towing (and towing while 4wd’ing).

As part of routine wear & tear maintenance, I’ve had to replace rear left wheel bearing, starter motor, lower front ball joints, front & rear shocker, and engine mounts.

My last Pajero (NL petrol auto) was at about 335,000km when I sold it to Gemster. It had no major issues (except for valve stem seals) in all the years I had it and I believe it is still going strong at over 400,000km with Gemster.

I believe that fastidious maintenance and regular oil changes are the key (I do 2-3 oil changes a year)
        Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• SuperBuyer
          • Feb 2016
          • Leominster, Herefordshire, UK

Mine is a 2012 NW with 213,000 miles on (about 340,000km). Routine servicing, brakes, wheel bearings, belts and transmission switches are the only items to be replaced in my ownership (4 years, 124,000 miles). Its just a comfy drive!

2012 62plate Shogun 3.2 SG3 LWB - ex Highways Agency vehicle!

Comment

• 4ndy
            • Jun 2018
            • North West United Kingdom

Nice to see another UK Shogun - just down the road too!
            MY13 (NW) SG2 LWB

Foot Rest, Android Head Unit, EGR Resistor Mod (10k), "Car Shades", Other Stuff in Process....
            My Build Thread.

Comment

• SuperBuyer
              • Feb 2016
              • Leominster, Herefordshire, UK

Originally posted by 4ndy View Post
              Nice to see another UK Shogun - just down the road too!

Whereabouts are you? I'm Leominster/Worcester.
              2012 62plate Shogun 3.2 SG3 LWB - ex Highways Agency vehicle!

Comment

• drgtr
                • Sep 2019
                • Rosemeadow

thanks guys for your replies. Seems like 200 000kms is just warming up!

Comment

• Kingmarz
                  Valued Member
                  • Dec 2016
                  • South Island New Zealand

Over 400,000km and is currently running 26psi and fuel is turned right up with EGT’s hitting 7-800c daily but still no loss of oil on dipstick.
                  These engines are super strong as well as 4m40 I had previously. Stronger than a TD42 or TD27? Maybe!
                  02 NM Pajero 3.2 DID Auto with Snorkel, Turbosmart Dual Stage Boost Controller, Kinugawa 15T Hybrid turbo with 56mm Billet compressor wheel and extended tips, 2” lift, 3” straight through turbo back exhaust, EGR Removal, ECU Piggyback Chip, Raw Nitro shockies, 22” Black Rhino wheels & 33x12.5 mud tyres, EGT, boost and engine temp gauges, catch can, Synergy 4b Ronbox, K&N air filter, 320x300 Front mount intercooler with 3” polished inlet piping, 4 Bar MAP sensor @29psi many other mods

Comment

• drgtr
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Rosemeadow

Originally posted by Kingmarz View Post
                    Over 400,000km and is currently running 26psi and fuel is turned right up with EGT’s hitting 7-800c daily but still no loss of oil on dipstick.
                    These engines are super strong as well as 4m40 I had previously. Stronger than a TD42 or TD27? Maybe!
                    Mate im thinking that too. I know the td42ti of mine was tough but seems like 4m41 is ridiculously underrated and out of all the common rail. The most reliable too!

Comment

• MARKx4
                      • Dec 2015
                      • Penrith

Originally posted by drgtr View Post
                      Mate im thinking that too. I know the td42ti of mine was tough but seems like 4m41 is ridiculously underrated and out of all the common rail. The most reliable too!
                      Mitsubishi really dropped the ball when they took this engine out of the Triton, if it was still the only engine choice in the ute then I fell it would no longer be a ridiculously underrated engine.

Comment

• Jorgo RX Pajero
                        • Feb 2017
                        • Perth WA

Some very respectable km's being achieved - interesting to here a pattern in the rear wheel bearings being replaced. Those that have done so, are they also running larger tyres by any chance? My NW has 285/70R17s BFG KO2s and have noticed an increase in drive train noise over past 5000 ks or so. I have owned the vehicle since new and have by my own acknowledgement over maintained it. Vehicle has done 150,000ks now. Plenty of towing - but nothing over the top. Plenty of remote West Aussie fishing trips, 4WDriving and rough corrugated country roads. Keen to hear whether people chose OEM or after market wheel bearing / hubs. The vehicle has a Provent 200 catch can, EGR blank (from the first week of owning her ) - Remapped with the egr function deleted. 3 inch exhaust. As a HD plant mechanic I quickly learnt - good, regular oil / filter changes and clean air and fuel (use additive and de-carboniser every tank) = longevity and performance. She has shamed many tojos and Nissans over the years. One area to pay attention to is the steering and wheel alignment, particularly the rear end. I do mine religiously ever 10,000ks along with all the oils ( diffs, Trans and engine ) This I do myself.
                        Back to my original query on the wheel bearings / hubs - keen to hear as I reckon I maybe due. The vehicle has never driven better than it did today...….

Comment

• geopaj
                          Valued Member
                          • Jul 2007
                          • Adelaide

Originally posted by Jorgo RX Pajero View Post
                          Some very respectable km's being achieved - interesting to here a pattern in the rear wheel bearings being replaced. Those that have done so, are they also running larger tyres by any chance?
                          Nope, mines always run the standard sizes (but LT tires and I went from factory 18” to factory 17” wheels - but still with factory size tires)
                          Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• Suresh
                            • Feb 2020
                            • dubai

Have a 2011 LWB 3.8 Pajero and it has done 310,000 kms so far.

Used to run it hard in the desert, dune bashing here in Dubai, during weekends and weekdays was my daily drive. Retired from desert drives in 2018 but continued to be the daily driver.

Service patterns is:
                            - full synthetic oil changed every 7,500kms (due to high rev use in desert)
                            - timing belt and pumps replaced every 100k kms.
                            - diff oils and gear oils changed every 80k kms.
                            - radiator flushed every 80k kms.
                            - brake pads every 40k kms
                            - spark plugs inspected and changed if required at 50k kms.
                            - air filter changed as required.
                            - MAF sensor and TB cleaned whenever I feel like (no schedule; have done only twice so far).

The only out of turn service was when the fuel pump failed at 250k kms. Got myself a second hand pump and all good.

Comment

• drgtr
                              • Sep 2019
                              • Rosemeadow

3.8 is reliable by the sounds of things too. Great work!

Comment

• Xrsteve
                                • Apr 2018
                                • Victoria

292,000 on my NT 285/70/17 tyres, bar work, exhaust, etc no issue does plenty of off-road work just keep up the maintenance.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X