• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jettyroad96
    • Jun 2013
    • Mannum SA 5238

Spotlight switches

Hi guys, attached photos of the Narva switches for your information, happened to drop into Autobarn and they had some of these I thought their prices were cheap. Had mine installed by ARB Jacksons at Murray Bridge along with other gear so cannot help you with fitting detail.
    Attached Files

Comment

• NFT5
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2011
      • Canberra

Those same end panels, genuine Carling not the Chinese copies, are available from OTRATTW for $1.75 instead of $5.99.

Better choice than any of the local suppliers, will do custom jobs, and if you buy 3 switches or more you'll be saving money, even with freight.

I bought 7 switches, Carling Contura V, with mounting panels, special tool and sockets with blade connectors for under $200, less than 2/3 the prices here. Delivered, to my door, in less than 2 weeks from order.
      Chris

Comment

• gregory0011
        • Jun 2011
        • Brisbane

Can someone please post a photo of high beam wire.

On the subject of spotlights,can someone please post a photo / description of where the spotlight switch hooks into the high beam wire on the NW.
        Just have to finish this off.
        Cheers
        Auto 2013 NW EXCEED Turbo Diesel
        Mainly used for towing Off-road Jayco Expanda,Off-road camper trailer,
        Shopping trolly and school bus.

Comment

• stevemc181
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2012
          • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by NFT5 View Post
          Those same end panels, genuine Carling not the Chinese copies, are available from OTRATTW for $1.75 instead of $5.99.

Better choice than any of the local suppliers, will do custom jobs, and if you buy 3 switches or more you'll be saving money, even with freight.

I bought 7 switches, Carling Contura V, with mounting panels, special tool and sockets with blade connectors for under $200, less than 2/3 the prices here. Delivered, to my door, in less than 2 weeks from order.
          I just ordered some Contura V switches from OTRATTW, saved about $50 or so also bought the mounting panels,special tool for easy switch removal etc. I bought the led laser cut ones with the switch text lighting up in Amber with the dash lights on and the top symbol lights up in Green when the switch is activated. My 10 yr old son will love the one that says Zombie Response Lights! I actually prefer the look and shape of the Contura II, but wanted to have the laser cut led text so I could easily see what each switch is at night.

Looks like the Dremel will see some action when they arrive! I'm going to remove the useless card holder etc on the NW dash and fill it with switches.
          2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
          3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• grhyso
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2012
            • Perth

I'm looking forwards to seeing your car again sometime steve, you're doing a heap of cool stuff all at once.
            2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• stevemc181
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2012
              • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by grhyso View Post
              I'm looking forwards to seeing your car again sometime steve, you're doing a heap of cool stuff all at once.
              Hi Rhys,
              Gave up the smokes, so have some spare cash The missus just looks at me in disbelief but she doesn't mind, as she knows the ultimate goal will be to spend a couple of years traveling in the Paj. I guess once I started on the mods then one thing leads to another lightbars need switches, switches will need a distribution point, dual batts for the things I connect to the switches and the list goes on

It will be a vastly different vehicle by October this year, which will be two years since we drove it off the showroom floor. I want to have most of the modding done before we do the Simmo in October.

Cheers,
              Steve
              2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• executive
                • May 2011
                • Melbourne - Doncaster

Originally posted by jettyroad96 View Post
                Hi, I installed the Narva rocker mounting plate, Narva rocker switches and blanks to the small open box and card holder area under the radio, see photo, fits exactly with capacity for 7 rocker switches and looks like factory fitted. Bought from Sprint autos. Only have spotlights and a winch moment switch in now room for more.
                Hi jettyroad96
                Just wondering how difficult is it to remove this section of the centre console to put in the rocker switches an blanking plates?
                Do I have to remove the centre console completely as well as the aircon /GPS surround cover and the cover under the steering wheel?

I have removed the full cover under steering wheel numerous times to get to the ASC switch and cabling around it but can't see how to remove the cigarette lighter panel where you have installed the switches on . I also want to put a dual voltmeter gauge here so any photos or advise will be greatly appreciated.
                Cheers

Comment

• grhyso
                  Valued Member
                  • Aug 2012
                  • Perth

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
                  Hi Rhys,
                  Gave up the smokes, so have some spare cash The missus just looks at me in disbelief but she doesn't mind, as she knows the ultimate goal will be to spend a couple of years traveling in the Paj. I guess once I started on the mods then one thing leads to another lightbars need switches, switches will need a distribution point, dual batts for the things I connect to the switches and the list goes on

It will be a vastly different vehicle by October this year, which will be two years since we drove it off the showroom floor. I want to have most of the modding done before we do the Simmo in October.

Cheers,
                  Steve

Well done on giving up the smokes mate!
                  2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• Troy711
                    Valued Member
                    • May 2013
                    • Canberra

Originally posted by jettyroad96 View Post
                    Hi, I installed the Narva rocker mounting plate, Narva rocker switches and blanks to the small open box and card holder area under the radio, see photo, fits exactly with capacity for 7 rocker switches and looks like factory fitted. Bought from Sprint autos. Only have spotlights and a winch moment switch in now room for more.
                    Can anyone confirm if this panel will fit Carling switches? If not, what panel can I get to suit them and also fit in the same place?

Comment

• NFT5
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2011
                      • Canberra

Get the proper Carling switch housings. If you buy from OTRATTW you can get get switches and housings way cheaper, even with freight, than you can buy here. Link is here. Service is outstanding and there is a much bigger selection.

To get access to that panel you need to remove panels either side. Not difficult, but a bit time consuming.

Once removed you can fit the switch housings. If you buy 5 of the single ones with two ends they just clip together and make a bank that is almost DIN size. This can then be attached to your panel. Remember these are American so the sizing isn't perfect and will need a couple of small dobs of glue to hold in place. Glue from the rear so it isn't visible.

Switch housings installed:

Chris

Comment

• TristanNL
                        Valued Member
                        • May 2013
                        • Horsham

Thanks for the pictures Chris.
                        Looks very neat!
                        2013 NW GLXR (MY14) Auto

Comment

• Dankinny
                          • Dec 2013
                          • Camden

Hi Chris , any chance of a pic with the switches illuminated at night ?

Thanks
                          2009 NT GLS DiD
                          ARB colour coded bull bar , Warn Winch , 111w LED driving lights , Polaris GPS Head Unit , Uniden UH8080NB , Uniden UHF aerial , DVD Headrests , Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards , 50mm Lovells lift , ARB Dual battery tray , ARB Roof rails with custom roof rack, Narva LED Lightbar , Kimberley Kamper Platinum

Comment

• stevemc181
                            Valued Member
                            • Sep 2012
                            • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by Dankinny View Post

Thanks
                            Here's a crappy iphone pic of mine illuminated, these are the same size carling switch but the laser etched model with the text at the bottom lit up so I can see what switch does what at night.

Last edited by stevemc181; 15-06-14, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• NFT5
                              Valued Member
                              • Apr 2011
                              • Canberra

Originally posted by Dankinny View Post

Thanks
                              Ask and ye shall receive.

Similar to Steve's above, Carling laser etched switches with LEDs rather than the incandescent bulbs which get very hot. I just went for a different layout with the logos illuminated when lights are on and then a coloured bar illuminated when switch is on. The bar comes on during the day, too, and is plenty bright enough that I can easily see what's on. That's the beauty of buying from OTRATTW - there is so much choice that you can set up almost any way that you want.
                              Chris

Comment

• Dankinny
                                • Dec 2013
                                • Camden

Originally posted by NFT5 View Post
                                Ask and ye shall receive.

Similar to Steve's above, Carling laser etched switches with LEDs rather than the incandescent bulbs which get very hot. I just went for a different layout with the logos illuminated when lights are on and then a coloured bar illuminated when switch is on. The bar comes on during the day, too, and is plenty bright enough that I can easily see what's on. That's the beauty of buying from OTRATTW - there is so much choice that you can set up almost any way that you want.
                                Thanks Steve and Chris , Chris did you go dependant top independent bottom ? Have been on that website , great selection !

Thanks Danny
                                2009 NT GLS DiD
                                ARB colour coded bull bar , Warn Winch , 111w LED driving lights , Polaris GPS Head Unit , Uniden UH8080NB , Uniden UHF aerial , DVD Headrests , Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards , 50mm Lovells lift , ARB Dual battery tray , ARB Roof rails with custom roof rack, Narva LED Lightbar , Kimberley Kamper Platinum

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X