• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maverick3332
    • Sep 2019
    • Blackwater

NP Pajero LED headlights & Cruise Control

Hey folks,

couldn't find anything on here, does anyone know if LED headlights will cause the CC on a NP Pajero to switch off?

CC light comes on just fine, but won't engage when I have LED lights on the car (parkers, brake, indicators and headlights). Swapped back to standard incandescent bulbs and all works fine.

Frustrating as I want the LED headlights for rural driving, none of the standard lights I've tried are bright enough.

Any help would be appreciated,

Maverick3332.
  • aussieintas
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2013
    • Sorell, Tasmania

It will to do with the brake lights I reckon as the cruise control system is linked in with brake (stop lamp) switch.

I'm no electrical expert but try putting all your LED globes back in apart from the brake globes and test cruise control.
    2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
    99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• El_Freddo
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2018
      • Bridgewater, Vic

I do a lot of country driving and for me LEDs and light bars don’t cut it. Nor do HIDs.

Get a set of good quality globes fitted to your headlights and have good driving lights too. Nothing beats halogen in my book. But that’s me.

Interesting the LED lights mess with the cruise control, but it also makes sense as the system will not work if your brakes light is blown. It only takes one.

Cheers

Bennie
      2005 NP DiD auto. The family bus. Dual batteries, snorkel, one side step, King Springs lift, Koni shocks, rear airman airbags, Provent catch can, 81L LRA tank (awesome!). Other rides: "Ruby Scoo" my lifted L series Subaru and my "Redback" Targa top Brumby - only mods are 5 poster bullbar and nicer dashboard from a coupe

Comment

• erad
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2015
        • Cooma NSW

It may be co-incidence, but on my NL, the cruise control used to cut out occasionally as I drove along. Eventually I learned to hook my foot under the brake pedal and pull it up and then the cruise would work. I assumed that the adjustment of the brake light switch was required but I was too stiff and awkward to actually find the switch. It was easier to pull the pedal up when required.

Comment

• DibbyDibbyDJ
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2019
          • Victoria

Originally posted by aussieintas View Post
          It will to do with the brake lights I reckon as the cruise control system is linked in with brake (stop lamp) switch.

I'm no electrical expert but try putting all your LED globes back in apart from the brake globes and test cruise control.
          That'll be it
          2024 Outlander

Diamond Technician at Main Dealer

mitsubishi-forums

Comment

• Maverick3332
            • Sep 2019
            • Blackwater

Thanks everyone, I thought it might just be the brake lights, so I'll try the LED's again in the headlights and see what happens.

Headlights themselves probably need to be replaced as the lenses are shot (tried restoring them, but not so good). @ $200 a pop it's out of the budget for now, I'll let everyone know how it goes.

cheers.

Comment

• Roofchop
              • Jul 2018
              • Carool, Australia

My lenses were yellow when I got it, but simply hand polishing with T-cut or similar makes them crystal clear. (needs re doing every 4ish months.)

Cheers
              Dave
              2007 NS 3.8 V6 GLX Auto

Comment

• Maverick3332
                • Sep 2019
                • Blackwater

Update NP Pajero LED Headlights

Afternoon folks,

Aussieintas nailed it, LED headlights back in and CC is working fine. Looks like it's only the brake lights, but I've yet to test the indicators so we'll see what happens when i do.

thanks all for the comments, this forum has helped me a lot with my NP, and only got one niggle left to fix them I'm happy!!!

Mav.

Comment

• aussieintas
                  Valued Member
                  • Feb 2013
                  • Sorell, Tasmania

Glad to help and to hear its sorted
                  2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
                  88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                  92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                  92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual