• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Asppaul
    • Jun 2013
    • N.T

NP drivers side seat belt

I have stalked this forum for sometime, extremely helpful and the knowledge is second to none.
    My problem is my drivers side seat belt (and sometimes passenger side) slowly retracts to the point of getting closed in the door when not helped along.
    My question is are they pre tensioned seatbelts?
    After contacting the local dealer there are no new seat belts in Australia and if purchased (has to come from JapN) the cost is in excess of $670.00 before fitting. I can purchase a second hand one in NSW but if they are pre tensioner they have to be transported by appropriate means.
    Thank you
    Paul
  • spot01
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Adelaide

Seat belts are sometimes slow to retract due to a build up of dirt & grime on the webbing.
    Pull the belt fully out of the retractor & put something on it to hold it out.
    Clean the webbing using warm soapy water & a sponge/cloth (don't use any chemicals, solvents, etc., as they can damage the webbing). Wipe with just water & cloth to remove the soapy residue. Also clean the belt runners on the pillar.
    Allow to dry (a sunny & breezy day is best).
    When dry, allow the belt to retract & hopefully problem solved.
    Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• GHendo
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2012
      • Northern NSW

According to a note I made when I investigated buying a new seatbelt, the driver’s seat belt part number is MR610829 – according to …

Amayama Trading Co. specializes in new genuine parts for used & import Japanese cars. Full warranty. Fast delivery. Very low prices. Request a quote online now.

it’s $318.58 – but note, there is no description – you’d want to check this with them.

Apparently, after-marker belts are also available – a local spare parts place quoted me $160 – not sure how well they match the original however.

Geoff
      03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Asppaul
        • Jun 2013
        • N.T

Thank you, have cleaned the webbing living in the desert prone to dust and grit.

Comment

• Roofchop
          • Jul 2018
          • Carool, Australia

After cleaning and drying, give the belt a light spray with this stuff.

It works, it's what "friendly" roadworthy testers use to get your belts retracting.

I have used it many times successfully.

Supercheap Auto is Australia's leading auto spares, parts and accessories retailer stocking a variety of car batteries, air filters, coolants and more online or in stores nationwide
          2007 NS 3.8 V6 GLX Auto

Comment

• Asppaul
            • Jun 2013
            • N.T

Thank you will do, does anyone know if the belts are pre tensioner?

Comment

• spot01
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2011
              • Adelaide

Originally posted by Asppaul View Post
              Thank you will do, does anyone know if the belts are pre tensioner?
              Belts usually have a label fixed to them down by the floor fitting near the side of the car - is there any useful info on that?
              Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Terryo
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2007
                • Where ever we are parked, traveling full time

How did it go after you cleaned it Paul?

I need to do mine when I get a chance, it's a bit slow to retact.

Terry
                2015 NX GLX DiD,MM Steel bullbar, Ultimate Suspension 2” lift, King 9’ LED driving lights, Uniden UHF, TJM underbody protection, Engine Watchdog. Munji EGR delete cable.Dual battery. Ultra Guage, Fuel Manager primary fuel filter. KAON Cargo barrier. Drifta drawer and fridge slide. MM4x4 Automate Pro. In tow,Track Trailer T van.

Previously
                NH 1992 GLS 3.0 V6 13 years
                NP 2005 GLX 3.2 DiD 12 years

Comment

• rykiel575
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Sydney

Mine was slow to retract because of a twist in the webbing.
                  2012 NW Pajero GXL 3.2L

Comment

• Asppaul
                    • Jun 2013
                    • N.T

After clean a lot better but still needs to be better.

Comment

• uditha
                      • Oct 2015
                      • Carigieburn, Vic

My mechanic once said to apply talcum powder after a good clean.
                      For cleaning he recommended brake calliper cleaner to loosen the excess dirt, then wash and then talcum powder to make it slide easier.
                      I used Johnson & Johnson from the baby goods isle.
                      Yes you might get the white stuff on your cloths, but it will go away soon.
                      2002 Pajero NM Exceed, 3.5Lt, 5 SP Auto
                      Uniden UH7760NB CB Radio, 20" Slim LED Light Bar, Kings Awning, Stock size A/T tyres

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X