• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peterng
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2013
    • Northern Rivers NSW

Yeti 12oz Bottle /Coffee Cup

When the tax cheque arrived..it was off to the camping store to buy some stuff that I had yearned for quiet some time.
    One of this things I wanted to get was a bloody decent Coffee Cup..
    This is what I got

Pros..
    1/. Keeps beverage hot or cold for anywhere up to 6 hours..this I have tested on a recent road trip to down Melbourne
    2/. Very easy to clean..2 parts to disassemble from the main body...dishwasher safe..
    3/. Fits in a standard cup holder
    4/ Completed leak proof..again tested...dog knocked over the Yeti Cup as it sat on the rear seat..luckily I had closed it properly...but I has forget about the cup for about 300km until I asked where I had put my Yeti cup..there it was lying down on the back seat next to the dog....picked it up..opened the top..still hot...lovely..
    5/.Very well constructed and simple drink design.
    6/. If you are that way inclined..It has a stylish design and comes in 7 colours..mine is the Ocre Colour

Cons...

1/. It is due to its design and materials used in its construction that it is heavy when compared to its competitors in the market place.
    2/. It is expensive when compared to others in the market place..but you pay for quality.

All up 4 out of 5..
  • Drewan
    • Apr 2017
    • Adelaide

Whats it taste like after its been left half full for a week, ( weve all done it )
    Over capitalized NK.I'm running out of things to add to it it died , now a SWB NJ with all the good stuff from the NK on it .

Comment

• geopaj
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007
      • Adelaide

I’ve just been on a coffee cup ‘phase’ and have bought more that I care to admit to in the last 18 months (cheap ones, dear ones, and even an ARB one).

I’ve settled on a Coleman Autoseal from Bunnings.

Like this one but mine is about 400ml (or 13.5oz);

From your list as a companion...

Pros..
      1/. Keeps beverage hot or cold for longer than I’ve ever needed. Maintained ice in water overnight but haven’t formally tested.
      2/. Very easy to clean.. top opens for easy cleaning and is dishwasher safe. Bottom technically is not rated as dishwasher safe but is showing no ill effects from regular visits in the dishwasher.
      3/. Fits in a standard cup holder. Yep.
      4/ Completed leak proof..again tested... yep.
      5/.Very well constructed and simple drink design. Yep.
      6/. If you are that way inclined..It has a stylish design and comes in 7 colours..mine is the Ocre Colour. Nope - black, black or black... Henry Ford would be proud.

Cons...

1/. It is due to its design and materials used in its construction that it is heavy when compared to its competitors in the market place. I don’t think the Coleman is particularly heavy compared to the others I’ve tried.
      2/. It is expensive when compared to others in the market place.. Coleman is less than $20.

I haven’t tried the Yeti so can’t give a direct comparison. Have you tried the Coleman? I’d be interested in a direct comparison.
      Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• nj swb
        Resident
        • Jun 2007
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by geopaj View Post
        Nope - black, black or black... Henry Ford would be proud.
        I can think of another product that is (currently) only available in black.
        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X