Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Do It Yourself Projects

Do It Yourself Projects Anything that you have made up yourself. Rear storage systems etc

Old 13-11-19

Question Does anyone know this Pajero?

I recently purchased a savage 2009 Pajero GL? from Pickles auction (Gracemere) which was repairable write-off due to an electrical fire under the hood. This is quite a unique Pajero where the previous owner was clearly using it for touring, and I dare say they were into photography as there are USB ports everywhere.

There are potentially two projects that is going to come out of this vehicle:
1) Transplant all the good parts onto my bone stock 2009 Pajero GLS
2) Source replacement parts that were cooked and see if I can get her going again

I am thinking of writing up a separate post with why I went down this path and my experiences along the way, in case anyone is interested.

Now back to the subject - is this your car or do you know the person that owned it?

Iím keen to know the background of this vehicle (service history, what caused the engine fire, anything that isnít obvious by simply looking at the vehicle). If this is you, it would be greatly appreciated if youíre able to comment or message me directly.

Iím very excited to start this project and hopefully get another Pajero back (safely) on the road.

Here are a few photos to help identify the vehicle.

Regards,
Brock
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1-1200x900.jpg (104.1 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg 2-1200x900.jpg (60.5 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg 3-1200x900.jpg (102.4 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg 4-1200x900.jpg (53.6 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg 5-1200x900.jpg (75.1 KB, 149 views)
Old 13-11-19
Valued Member

The car has factory parking sensors & rear spoiler, so I don't think it is a GL - more likely a GLS or one of the limited editions, eg, Active, etc.

The hottest part of the fire damage appears to be where a second battery may have been fitted?
Old 13-11-19

Yeah, definitely not a GL but I wasn't sure if it was a GLX or GLS or some variant of these. Interestingly the revs check says its a GLX LWB (4x4) NT but it's got painted door handles and side mirrors, which I didn't think was an option for the GLX models.

I've only had a quick look over the damages and it definitely started around the primary or auxiliary battery. Seems like there was a lot of DIY wiring but I don't want to say that caused the fire without knowing the facts. I'm pretty confident it's repairable but it'll come down to how much the wreckers want to charge me for the wiring harnesses.
Old 13-11-19
Valued Member

Out of interest how much $$ did it cost you?
Looks like that's going to be a bit of work!

Good luck!
MM Lockup mate. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with Light Force Spotties. Provent catch can. LED interior lights.
Old 13-11-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadsy View Post
Yeah, definitely not a GL but I wasn't sure if it was a GLX or GLS or some variant of these. Interestingly the revs check says its a GLX LWB (4x4) NT but it's got painted door handles and side mirrors, which I didn't think was an option for the GLX models.

I've only had a quick look over the damages and it definitely started around the primary or auxiliary battery. Seems like there was a lot of DIY wiring but I don't want to say that caused the fire without knowing the facts. I'm pretty confident it's repairable but it'll come down to how much the wreckers want to charge me for the wiring harnesses.
All the various Limited Edition models were based on the GLX and were classified as GLX by MMAL, so I think it is one of them.
If you know when it was built (refer Build Plate in door frame), you may be able to work out which LE it is by looking on Redbook. Some of them also had rear diff locks, rear A/C, sat nav, 6 airbags, etc.
Old 13-11-19

Hey Keithy,

I'm planning to document everything about the purchase (why, the process, lessons learnt, costs, etc) in a seperate dedicated post, as I think this could be a cost effective way to modify older vehicles without over investing. But since you're asking, it cost roughly $3100 including all the fees and I picked it up myself which cost another $170 for the trailer hire + 2 tanks of fuel.

I did it primarily to transplant all the good items onto my Pajero, but I'm now going to try get this Pajero back on the road after seeing the damage in person. Looks really bad in the photos but the fire didn't really spread too much and it looks like the previous owner responded pretty quickly with a fire extinguisher. There's just ash all over the engine bay which makes it look like everything has been burnt.

But you're 100% right...there's definitely a bit of work ahead of me.
Old 13-11-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot01 View Post
All the various Limited Edition models were based on the GLX and were classified as GLX by MMAL, so I think it is one of them.
If you know when it was built (refer Build Plate in door frame), you may be able to work out which LE it is by looking on Redbook. Some of them also had rear diff locks, rear A/C, sat nav, 6 airbags, etc.
Hey Spot,

So I've had a look at the build plate and cross referenced against Redbook and it seems like it's a 2009 Mitsubishi Pajero RX NT Manual 4x4 MY10...there's nothing else that matches the trim/accessories. So I guess the RX is a variant of the GLX, even though it resembles more like a GLS
Old 13-11-19

If you put the Vin into the partsuq website you will get the build details. I have a my11 NT RX 3.2 DiD. It has an RX badge on the tailgate and a different grill - horizontal bars, no Mitsubishi badge. Mine has rear ac, 6 airbags, no diff lock, no MM entertainment system, spoiler, roof bars, HID lights, but no headlight washers.
Old 13-11-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazza999 View Post
If you put the Vin into the partsuq website you will get the build details. I have a my11 NT RX 3.2 DiD. It has an RX badge on the tailgate and a different grill - horizontal bars, no Mitsubishi badge. Mine has rear ac, 6 airbags, no diff lock, no MM entertainment system, spoiler, roof bars, HID lights, but no headlight washers.
Haven't come across that website before...seems like some really good doco that I could use. Thanks Wazza!

So the model is: 3200D-TURBO/LONG WAGON<07M-> - GLX(NSS4/EURO4),5FM/T

One mystery solved, fingers crossed we can solve the mystery of the previous owner
Old 13-11-19

If you plan to scrap it I could be keen on a long engine and ecm..

Subscribed. Keen to follow your journey!!