• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sam.cath
    • Dec 2014
    • Sunshine Coast

Please explain

Hi,

I went into our local MM dealer to test drive a Pajero Sport & spoke to someone about when the Pajero is being discontinued.

I was told in no uncertain terms that the Pajero IS NOT being discontinued & that they have MY18 models coming that are identical to MY17 ones.

Has anyone struck this info too & is it correct? Seems at odds with all that has been discussed on here previously??

I like the idea of a new Pajero more than a Pajero Sport, so would be happy if this were the case, but strangely doubt they are right.

Cheers,
    Sam
    2018 NX DI-D PAJERO GLS

Fuel Manager secondary fuel filter
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

There's a couple of factors at play here.

I don't believe Mitsubishi ever set a date for discontinuing the Pajero - they said they weren't going to continue to develop it. A subtle difference, but significant.

I also believe this announcement was made before the Renault-Nissan alliance stepped in, which has all sorts of potential to be good for the longer term future of Pajero as we know it.

So, no current (public) plans to develop Gen 5, but new partners with a history of good off-road 4wds, three all-independent 4wds in the stable (Patrol, Pajero and Pathfinder), and access to some impressive diesel engines.

I think there is still hope for the Pajero badge.
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• craka
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2009
      • Newcastle (Newie)

one advertised on carsales as MY18

As far as I was aware they were continuing up to around 2020, maybe I'm wrong.

After all the hoo ha about there will not be a new pajero in far as a new generation ie gen5, which has been spoken about in the last couple years, there have been new statements that a new as in new generation pajero will happen but not for a few years.

NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• sam.cath
        • Dec 2014
        • Sunshine Coast

OK.
        I misinterpreted the chatter & thought that it meant that there was no longer going to be a Pajero from this year.

Good news!
        2018 NX DI-D PAJERO GLS

Fuel Manager secondary fuel filter

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X