• Show
Clear All
  • Georgie
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2013
    • Secret Harbour WA

Catch Can Fitting

Hi All
    Well I have fitted the Provent/Mann Catch Can it came as a compleat kit but with no instructions so got on the web site it looked fairly simple had to modify the s/steel mounting bracket due to the snorkel so I mounted on the fire wall using the existing wiper motor mounts so far no problems I ran the hose from the rocker cover to the inlet of the catch can and the outlet back to the convoluted pipe off the air box all good except now I can hear a chuffing noise at the air intake of the snorkel as any one noticed this or have I done some thing wrong
    Last edited by Georgie; 10-10-17, 01:16 PM.
    2015 Sahara
    Black Mica in colour
    BFG A/T 275x70x18s Black Widow drawers Redark dual battery system GME CB radio Redarc Tow Prow Elite

Wish List lots

SOLD 2013 GLX- R Pajero
  • Les PK Ranger
    • Dec 2015
    • Adelaide

Looks fine mate . . . chuffing noise ?
    Can you pick up where this is coming from under the bonnet with it running ?
    It could be the relief valves for some reason operating, but the shouldn't.

Where is the outlet / drain going ?
    I just put a piece of solvent proof rubber pipe on mine and a tap to drain it, needs to be done about every 7k to 8k or I might find it starting to pool in the bottom under the filter.

Nowhere to go, all day to get there . . .

Comment

• Georgie
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2013
      • Secret Harbour WA

Spoke to Geoff at Western Filters he says they have had some problems with the spring on the relief valve but so far it had only been on the Prados so he has said for me to stretch the spring and see if that stops it if so he will send me one the new stronger springs so heres hoping that will work
      Cheers
      Georgie
      2015 Sahara
      Black Mica in colour
      BFG A/T 275x70x18s Black Widow drawers Redark dual battery system GME CB radio Redarc Tow Prow Elite

Wish List lots

SOLD 2013 GLX- R Pajero

Comment

• DaveH
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2010
        • sydney

On page 3 there are some pictures of where I mounted my catch can at the front near the fan and windscreen washer bottle.

2010 NT DiD Platinum, MM tow bar, Red Arc electric brake controller, ARB Delux bullbar, Ultimate HD suspension and shocks, Engineers cert for GVM upgrade, Airtech snorkle, Cooper ST Maxx, 2nd Battery+ extra sockets, catch can, intercooler/ sump/ transmission guard, scan guage II, Hid driving lights, Ironman awning, daytime driving lights + other little bits

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X