• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stevemc181
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2012
    • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by Yclept View Post
    That is interesting to know that the barrier actually fits. I wouldn't buy one because the measurements I took were too close and I didn't think it would make it. I ended up throwing together a plywood barrier.
    Your measurements may be different to mine, my cargo barrier is from an EF Falcon that I cut down and welded up to suit my drawer system. Not sure what the original ones are like compared to this. My 2nd row seats will go back one click only.
    2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
    3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Yclept
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2013
      • Sydney

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
      Your measurements may be different to mine, my cargo barrier is from an EF Falcon that I cut down and welded up to suit my drawer system. Not sure what the original ones are like compared to this. My 2nd row seats will go back one click only.
      Ahh, that explains it. I have a half barrier and the seats on the second click. Thanks.

Cheers, Brett

2013 NW Pajero VRX - White - 3000kg Tow Kit - Sports Mesh Grille - Bonnet & Light Protectors/Weathershields - Thule Wingbar - Tyre Snake - Couplertec Electronic Rustproofing - Maxtrax Mk1 - Piranha Aux Battery Tray - Redarc 1240 Charger - ARB 47 Litre Fridge - MSA Fridge Drop Slide - Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier - ORS Drawers - ARB Deluxe Bullbar - GME TX3540 UHF & AE4703 Antenna - ARB Intensity Lights - ARB Onboard Compressor - Bilstein/Dobinsons Susp - Bushskinz x 4

Comment

• stevemc181
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2012
        • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by Yclept View Post
        Ahh, that explains it. I have a half barrier and the seats on the second click. Thanks.
        Just double checked mine, and they do go back to the 2nd click no problem, so maybe it will fit ok with your cargo barrier?
        2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• stevemc181
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2012
          • Thornlie/Perth

Certainly can't complain about the after sales service from MSA, they rang me a couple of times to check if the nylon pieces they sent out had solved the problem and also offered to pick the slide up and take it back to a local Perth workshop if needed.

All good now though, the little rubber tag fixed it, and now no more rattles on the blacktop, I expect it will rattle on the rough stuff to some degree, but so will everything else. Happy camper now

Comment

• Gus
            Administrator
            • Mar 2008
            • Traralgon. Vic

Glad to get this feed back, Steve, as it reinforces my belief that the Team at MSA stand by their products.. When reviewing products it's always in the back of your mind. As all know things can happen/go wrong now & then!

Great outcome & well done MSA

Gus.
            VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
            NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• stevemc181
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2012
              • Thornlie/Perth

The DS40 drop slide got its first real test this weekend with a couple of days of offroad work and unfortunately had issues again. The terrain I was in wasn't super corrugated and was just normal track type stuff with a few bog holes here and there.
              The locking mechanism vibrated itself loose and I had to get the tools out to unlock the slide to allow it to drop. This was a relatively easy fix once I removed the fridge and the surround from the locking mechanism, but I shouldn't have to be fixing a slide that cost near enough to $600. I pulled everything apart and applied loctite to the small bolts and screws etc, so we'll see how it goes on the next trip away.

I think these should all have loctite applied prior to delivery on every nut and bolt that can work loose. A few pics below of the offending mechanism.

The large nut shown below had worked itself loose, allowing the lock to basically fall out of the hole.

The black hex headed screw that holds the locking arms in had also worked itself loose, there was no spring washer on this, so I have applied loctite and also put a spring washer on it.

Time will tell how it will go once in some real corrugated stuff.

Comment

• stevemc181
                Valued Member
                • Sep 2012
                • Thornlie/Perth

So far it's all ok and holding together, we were offroad all day yesterday and the Loctite seems to have done the trick, no further issues with the locking mechanism coming apart.

Comment

• tomwithannl
                  Valued Member
                  • Jan 2010
                  • Maria Coast Tasmania.

Locks like those usually come with a wave or star washer for the nut which should stop it from shaking loose.

Tom
                  1998 NL GLS 3.5 Auto. Bocar alloy bar with 13000lb I-Max winch & engine watchdog.
                  1953 Morris Minor ute
                  1990 Nissan Scargo van (The SNAIL)
                  2005 Mercedes ML350 Special Edition 4Matic

Comment

• Naviguesser
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2013
                    • Crib Point Vic

How do these bolt down?

Looking at getting some draws now as wasn't totally satisfied with my set up on my first big trip in the Paj.
                    I will have settled on getting side by side draws with a drop down slide on top.
                    It seems a waste of a good flat floor to have the fridge slide in place when not required and wonder if it could be easily unbolted?
                    MY14 NW GLX-R DiD
                    ARB Bull Bar, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batteries, Tinted Windows, Spare Tyre Lift, Toyo Open Country 2. EGR Block. GME UHF. Illuminator 9" LED Driving Lights.
                    TJM XGS Gold Series Shocks, EFS Coils, Polyairs.
                    Now towing a 19ft regent Caravan

Member of the Cynical Old Bloke Club

Comment

• Gareth
                      • Nov 2012
                      • Adelaide (North)

Originally posted by Naviguesser View Post
                      How do these bolt down?

Looking at getting some draws now as wasn't totally satisfied with my set up on my first big trip in the Paj.
                      I will have settled on getting side by side draws with a drop down slide on top.
                      It seems a waste of a good flat floor to have the fridge slide in place when not required and wonder if it could be easily unbolted?
                      I ran two lengths of steel under where the slide mounting holes are (welded to the steel frame of my shelving system) and drilled and tapped holes in the appropriate spots. I just used M6 bolts to mount it. I can remove it as many times as I like and it won't weaken over time like screws into ply wood
                      Silver 2008 NS VRX 3.2 DiD
                      Ironman / Lovell 50mm lift, 275/65R18 Maxxis Big Horn's, Custom Rear bar protection, Bush Skinz intercooler guard, 4mm oil pan guard (self made), Bush Skinz Trans and Transfer guards, Bush Skinz Rock sliders, ARB Deluxe colour coded bull bar, ORU 12,000LB winch, Light force 240 Spot Lights, Custom dual battery carrier / Red Arc Isolator, UHF, Custom Tuned Uni-Chip.

Comment

• Naviguesser
                        Valued Member
                        • Dec 2013
                        • Crib Point Vic

Thanks for that info.

Can I ask anyone on how high the drawers need to be?
                        MSA slide is 300mm drop, does it come clear enough of the rear not to need the drawers to be 300mm high?
                        MY14 NW GLX-R DiD
                        ARB Bull Bar, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batteries, Tinted Windows, Spare Tyre Lift, Toyo Open Country 2. EGR Block. GME UHF. Illuminator 9" LED Driving Lights.

Comment

• Gareth
                          • Nov 2012
                          • Adelaide (North)

Originally posted by Naviguesser View Post
                          Thanks for that info.

Can I ask anyone on how high the drawers need to be?
                          MSA slide is 300mm drop, does it come clear enough of the rear not to need the drawers to be 300mm high?
                          I don't think it would work without the drop as the rear bar will get in the way. My shelf is 300 tall so fits just right.
                          Silver 2008 NS VRX 3.2 DiD
                          Ironman / Lovell 50mm lift, 275/65R18 Maxxis Big Horn's, Custom Rear bar protection, Bush Skinz intercooler guard, 4mm oil pan guard (self made), Bush Skinz Trans and Transfer guards, Bush Skinz Rock sliders, ARB Deluxe colour coded bull bar, ORU 12,000LB winch, Light force 240 Spot Lights, Custom dual battery carrier / Red Arc Isolator, UHF, Custom Tuned Uni-Chip.

Comment

• stevemc181
                            Valued Member
                            • Sep 2012
                            • Thornlie/Perth

My drawers are at 340mm high so there is plenty of clearance. The slide will actually come out a fair way when fully dropped, but you may just skim the bumper on the lowering/lifting action if any lower than about 270.
                            I think the 300 measurement might be from the front of the slide which hangs a little lower and won't matter when you drop the slide. Mine is the DS40 Model slide. If height was an issue you could always add some packers under the slide to lift it to the required height.

I have just screwed my slide into the ply, as it is a permanent fixture and I don't remove it.

Comment

• Naviguesser
                              Valued Member
                              • Dec 2013
                              • Crib Point Vic

I'm looking at the Drifta setup at the moment. It is 275mm high.
                              MY14 NW GLX-R DiD

Comment

• Rovingman
                                Valued Member
                                • Jan 2014
                                • Blue mountains

Hi Naviguesser
                                I have the drifta set up with the drop down slide. I have the draws raised so I can use the storage underneath. Have a look. Very happy with the set up.

Pajero NT RX 2011
                                Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
                                LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X