• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ranger J
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Perth, Western Australia

Originally posted by fossil View Post
    How do you go with damage to the unit under there old plodder?

I serviced my vehicle on the weekend, and used the tool to replace the fuel filter. It took ten minutes in total, but is a total bitch of a job, as the full bowel of diesel comes down on top of you when filter removed.
    For me to take off the intercooler and change the filter probably takes me 15mins, without getting coated in diesel. Yes it is a pain having to take off and replace the intercooler each time, but I hate having to crawl under the car as it is.

Cheers,
    Jayden
    NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

• andy27
      • Sep 2011
      • sydney

Used this thread this morning to replace the fuel filter ,Iv got dual battery set up and first dig ever at replacing the filter-found once intercooler is off it's not too difficult ,took the whole unit off the fire wall to replace ,had to prime it for a while ,bleeding the air from the system by unscrewing that top bolt works good-thanks ranger j

Comment

• brianwanless
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2008
        • Mackay Nth Qld

Also when changing the fuel filter try to protect the starter motor from spilt diesel with a plastic shopping bag or something similar.
        An auto electrician told me he has seen a lot of Mitsi starter motors fail because of repeated soaking in diesel when the filter is changed.
        NP did, auto, mags, aux tank, bullbar, hid spots, leds, uhf, engine watchdog, safari chip, anderson plug, fridge socket, gps, snorkel, airbags, sidesteps, dual batteries, hr towbar, brake controller, torque convertor lockup switch, slotted discs, stainless braided brake hoses, led rev lights.

Comment

• moparcm
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by fossil View Post
          Ok, here you go.

The first three shots show the filter position in relation to the second battery setup, which I fitted just prior to our last trip to Frazer in September 06.

The last shot shows the flange nut from the bottom of the bowl.
          None of the photos show just how difficult it is to get your hands in there to change the filter, without a special tool as per previous post.
          Mabey if I had poofy round doctors hands, it wouldn't be an issue, but I am not so lucky.
          where can i get one of those filters from?

Comment

• Bluepajee
            • Dec 2019
            • Melbourne

Also would like to know where to grab one of these filters

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X