Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 2 Pajero

Generation 2 Pajero NH - NL Models 1991 - 2000

Old 1 Week Ago

Default Installation of extractors

I have a 98 NL GLS 3.5l, and a while back i had the exhaust manifolds welded, it looks like they have cracked again.I have decided to install headers to replace them. Reading some of the threads regarding headers i have decided on some wildcats but i have noted that most of the sites say for them to be used with the catalytic converter on the drivers side.
What models had the cat on the left?
Any thing i should look for when ordering the headers?
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

NM / NP have the exhaust running down the left side - make sure you get the correct port shape.... I cant remember which is which now

.... and 1990 Nissan Z32 300zx for on road shenanigans
Old 1 Week Ago

I installed headers on my NL 6G74. It's the round ports that you need. My Cat is on the driver's side.

Just make sure you get flange gaskets in the deal.

They are fiddly to fit. Exhaust flange nuts are hard to get to. Connections are hard to get to. O2 sensor is hard to get to. Existing nuts were very difficult to remove. From memory I removed my starter motor for more access.

Have I convinced you they are a PITA to fit?

I'm old and hurt my neck and back doing the work myself. It's not a job I got a lot of satisfaction from doing either.

I couldn't really stretch the budget at the time, but $200 would not be an unreasonable fee to pay for fitment. Personally, I'd want to be paid $500
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

I bought mine from and had them fitted by Southern Towbars @ Edwardstown. They cost about the same supplied/fitted as the name brands supplied only.
That was several years ago but may be useful to you.
Dean
NM V6 since August 2000. Cargo Barrier, Satphone, Decent Suspension, Decent Tyres Eg. Any 10 PLY E Load Brand Not Important. Aux Tank, Rola Sports Racks/Basket, Decent Canvas Bag, Quality Esky. A Good Setup For Outback Touring/Desert Crossings.

Last edited by dean; 1 Week Ago at 09:45 PM.
Old 1 Week Ago

Thanks for the replies, it is something that i thought would be fiddly and as my days of laying under vehicles is long past, it is something i would have to get my mechanic to look at. These days i even have trouble tying my shoe laces.
Old 1 Week Ago

One last thing i thought of. The oxygen sensor, once the headers are installed does the oxygen sensor attach to the header pipes or further back on the exhaust system.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

its further back at the collector - the headers should have an o2 thing on them

.... and 1990 Nissan Z32 300zx for on road shenanigans