• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Anderson
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2007
    • Albury

Recovery points II

Not long ago I got seriously bogged and had to have my car recovered using the rear tie-downs with a bridle.
    We took it easy and as far as I can tell, and no harm was done.
    Given the continuing rain and my possible lack of terrain intuition I thought I better get a proper recovery point in the back.

So I've just had a towbar fitted to the rear of my Pajero and got one of those recovery thingys that fit the bar.

But -

After pulling out the original tie downs and the bar that protects the rear end, I can't really see why you couldn't use the tie downs for recovery.
    (with a bridle)
    The whole thing is pretty solid (IMHO) and at worse it looks like you might bend the eye.

If fact, it all looks more solid than the (rated?) front tie-downs.

Am I missing something here ?
    09 NT GL manual.

www.twigwater.com - My fly fishing blog.

http://www.dsaphoto.com
  • Bunny
    • Jun 2010
    • Launceston

David, I think you will find they are suitable for recovery. will have to get the manual out and check.

Trevor
    2010 NT Pajero Exceed Auto Diesel 3.2 Ironbark

Genuine Tow Bar, Rear Diff Lock, 17"Wheels, Arb Sahara Bar Colour Coded, Dual Battery, Old Man Emu Sports Suspension, ARB on Board Air Compressor, BFG AT Tyres, Long Range 60lt Tank, IPF 900XS Lights, Sandgrabba Mats, T-Max 9000lb Winch, ARB 47lt Fridge, Rhino Alloy Tray, GME TX 3220 UHF, HR Brake Controller, Bushskinz Plates, Airteck Snorkel, Diff Breathers, Airbags.

Comment

• masgrob
      • Aug 2010
      • Western Sydney

[quote=Bunny;116611]David, I think you will find they are suitable for recovery. will have to get the manual out and check.

Guys I think you will find they not rated as recovery points meaning if somrthing was to go wrong we would have no one to point the finger at, but as for there use for recovery points I have no problem using them as such and have done and continue too do.
      If I can get out of work, Its worth a try. Play Hard

Comment

• matthewfnorbert
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007

[QUOTE=masgrob;116615]
        Originally posted by Bunny View Post
        David, I think you will find they are suitable for recovery. will have to get the manual out and check.

Guys I think you will find they not rated as recovery points meaning if somrthing was to go wrong we would have no one to point the finger at, but as for there use for recovery points I have no problem using them as such and have done and continue too do.
        +1 for common sense
        SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X