• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ilikeachallenge
    • Feb 2017
    • victoria

10 minute mods under $10

Hi All,

Heres a couple of ten minute mods under $10 for when you need a quick project in the shed.

The first 2 pics are under the L/H rear of the PC
    Shortly after getting the car and starting to do a bit of off road work I noticed this vacuum line? I think,bracket getting bent and potentially crushing the line so I grabbed a bit of scrap that was lying nearby and made a short bracket to lift it up about 50mm out of harms way.

Its been like this for over 12 months now and never been bent or crushed since.I know it looks a bit Ag but the car was on a friends hoist and I was in a hurry.
    When I feel like it I will re make it out of a piece of flat ally strap I have in the shed.

Cost $0.00

The second 2 pics are of the extra 2 nuts and bolts I added to the bottom of the number plate.
    The plate was starting to fatigue at the top mounts as it flexed and flopped around due,i think in part to the added weight of the number plate covers I fitted.

I just marked and drilled a couple of holes to take M6 bolts and fitted them with a flat and spring washer on the rear inside the tailgate then I put Sikaflex polyurethane on the rear to seal the area from water or rust and to hold the nuts in place should I have the plates off.

The result is the number plate is now fixed solid and does not move or fatigue.

Cost $0.00
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ilikeachallenge; 14-10-18, 01:05 PM. Reason: to add detail
    2014 Ironbark Auto PC. TJM Bullbar and 9500 lb winch with rope,Safari snorkel,ARB bashplates,factory rear locker,BFG KO2 all terrains,custom rear storage and false floor,second row Engel 40 lt fridge mount,tint,Rasslar rock sliders,100 amp dual battery with 40 amp dcdc charger,45 cent EGR resistor mod,MM tow bar,GME 40 channel uhf with RFI antenna,I drive throttle controller,hard wired 180 lt per minute compressor,kings 2.5x3mt awning,Xray spots,OztecKings combo.
  • ilikeachallenge
    • Feb 2017
    • victoria

PC rear table and bed

Hi All,

Ive been tossing this simple idea around for a while for when I go on solo trips or just cant be bothered with the swag for a 1 night stopover or wet weather is on the way and I don't want my gear wet.

I had some scrap MDF in the shed and finally put it to use.

I simply hinged the legs and added a couple of braces for stability.Alond the bottom is a pice of flat ally strap that makes it sit very stabil even on uneven ground(in theory) ,the top dowell is also a spot to hang a tea towel or whatever.
    Add some rope to stop the legs over extending and your done.I left the rope a bit long so as it can be adjusted if needed.

At the vehicle it sits on the rear garnish and kinda tucks under the back of my false floor and sits very stable.
    Handy for a bit of food prep or whatever.

At bed time I take the table and it lays on top of my rear storage unit and the rear seat which is folded flat.Another piece of MDF the same size is then layed to the rear of the car and will sit on top of the gear I carry when Im away.This piece is only carrying the weight of my legs and sits there ok.

Add a self inflating mattress and its lights out.
    Shed test resulted in an unplanned nanna nap.

Cost $0.00
    If materials where bought it would cost under $40-50

Only been tested in the shed sofar but im away next wekkend and will give it a go
    Attached Files
    2014 Ironbark Auto PC. TJM Bullbar and 9500 lb winch with rope,Safari snorkel,ARB bashplates,factory rear locker,BFG KO2 all terrains,custom rear storage and false floor,second row Engel 40 lt fridge mount,tint,Rasslar rock sliders,100 amp dual battery with 40 amp dcdc charger,45 cent EGR resistor mod,MM tow bar,GME 40 channel uhf with RFI antenna,I drive throttle controller,hard wired 180 lt per minute compressor,kings 2.5x3mt awning,Xray spots,OztecKings combo.

Comment

• Garc
      • May 2015
      • Perth

Sorry, I don’t understand “are under the L/H rear of the PC”. Where is this on the car?
      Gary

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Kings 120A lithium battery in rear cargo area, Renogy DCDC charger, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.

Comment

• Kingbrown
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2012
        • Port Augusta - SA

The referenced cables and bracket are attached to the trailing arms (the slender connection between the chassis rails and the axle housing).

The cables that are held by the bracket are for the wheel speed sensor and the difflock operation detection switch.

The bracket can be moved out of harm's way by flipping it upside down and a little bit of bending.

Whoever designed the original wasn't a 4WD devotee.
        Definitely deserving of the rough end of a pineapple.
        Last edited by Kingbrown; 15-10-18, 11:48 AM.
        2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X