X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnballoon
    • Aug 2016
    • Sweden

I'm glad you like it! I'm now approximately 2500km into the trip, everything going smoothly so far. We had a rough night last night with average winds over 15m/s. Removed the snowcover and closed the window covers, after that we felt pretty safe.

I've got a few pictures for you to upload on the cellphone, I'll do a bigger update in a day or two when I can get some time to pick the laptop up :-)

Last edited by Johnballoon; 03-09-17, 04:14 AM.

Comment

• bennyb29
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2015
      • Brisbane

Nice pics, and lovely country. Always a treat to see such travelogues.
      I like the aftermarket wheels on your Pajero too.
      Mitsubishi Pajero NT Platinum 2010

Comment

• Johnballoon
        • Aug 2016
        • Sweden

Soooo, I'm having a really hard time deciding what pictures to upload. It's a hard job, there is plenty more

So where to begin telling you about this trip? I should probably have made a video blogg instead
        If you enjoy narrow curvy roads, you'd love this place, and the way to get there. You won't find miles and miles of gravel roads, but this kind, there is tousands of kms of.

The northern parts of Sweden and Norway are very iron rich, if you keep your eyes open it's not hard to find old industrial beauties. This lady got herself a long, well deserved rest.

...but there is not only old abandoned machinery or buildings you need to keep an eye open for. You guys got kangaroo's down there, but up here, we need to watch out for the moose.

Many of the mountaintops still show traces of hard winters. Occationally you'll pass other things reminding you of the short sunny season.

This is actually the closest I've ever managed see a reindeer. They're usually not fond of people, and they don't exist anywhere near where I live.

Breakfast setup.

I guess this is it for today. I'm about 4000km into the trip, so far so good. A few nights have been really cold, below the freezing point, but the forecast claims it's gonna be a little warmer in a few days. 35 days since I slept in my own bed, but I can luckily say I'm very comfortable in the tent!
        Thumbs up for Gordigear!

Comment

• paulblair8
          • Nov 2019
          • Crestone, US

Great photos. I travel often. And immediately wanted to visit these places.

Comment

• bennyb29
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2015
            • Brisbane

Originally posted by Johnballoon View Post
            Soooo, I'm having a really hard time deciding what pictures to upload. It's a hard job, there is plenty more

Brilliant stuff! Some of those pics in higher resolution are material made for wallpapers.
            Mitsubishi Pajero NT Platinum 2010

Comment

• cruisn06
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2011
              • Perth WA

Stunning photos and nice shorty! Keep the photos rolling in
              07 Mitsubishi Pajero Shorty - Currently rolling around... Parked in Armenia for the moment

Insta: https://www.instagram.com/wrongturnadventure/

Comment

• nj swb
                Resident
                • Jun 2007
                • Adelaide

Originally posted by cruisn06 View Post
                ... nice shorty! ...
                A tautology.

Originally posted by Some Googled website
                tautology
                /tɔːˈtɒlədʒi/
                noun
                the saying of the same thing twice over in different words, generally considered to be a fault of style (e.g. they arrived one after the other in succession ).
                All (Pajero) shorties are nice.
                NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X