• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MTD
    • Oct 2012
    • NW Brisbane

Genuine MM bullbar wanted

Hi All,

I have a steel original MM bar and just discovered that it has rusted through on the top left where the rubber pad meets the steel. The rust has appeared from under the paint which is a worry. I thought it was minor until i put my finger through it by accident!
    So now I am looking for a replacement second hand bar preferably aluminium.
    I am based in Brisbane.

Cheers
    Mark
    One of the last of the 08/09 NS DID GLX off the shelf!
    Cool silver, black factory bullbar (to be replaced) & full tint. 697 LT 265/65/17. NS>NT Upper manifold replacement. MM Towbar, BushSkinz IC & Sump guards, Self made cargo liner. Reverse cam. Bluetooth Aux In.
  • Georgie
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2013
    • Secret Harbour WA

Hi Mark
    PM and email sent to you
    Cheers
    Georgie
    2015 Sahara
    Black Mica in colour
    BFG A/T 275x70x18s Black Widow drawers Redark dual battery system GME CB radio Redarc Tow Prow Elite

Wish List lots

SOLD 2013 GLX- R Pajero

Comment

• MTD
      • Oct 2012
      • NW Brisbane

Just wondering if anyone has the fitting instructions for a genuine bar in preparation for the transplant?
      Cool silver, black factory bullbar (to be replaced) & full tint. 697 LT 265/65/17. NS>NT Upper manifold replacement. MM Towbar, BushSkinz IC & Sump guards, Self made cargo liner. Reverse cam. Bluetooth Aux In.

Comment

• erad
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2015
        • Cooma NSW

The genuine MM bar kit includes a driiling template. You have to drill the chassis rails with a 12 mm and it is awkward to say the least. Make sure that the template comes with the bar.

Comment

• MTD
          • Oct 2012
          • NW Brisbane

Thanks Erad,
          The holes should already be there as I will be replacing the existing MM factory steel bar.

Cheers

Comment

• MTD
            • Oct 2012
            • NW Brisbane

I wonder if I am onto something here and it would be interesting to hear from other members with the MM Steel protection bar if they find anything?

I lifted up the rubber cap by removing the screws from the centre cap all the way to the end of the passenger end of the bar (bonnet open makes it easier). The end of the cap hooks into the bar on the far right as there is a steel insert in the rubber cap and bar that retains it. This is where my rust issue is and I think it is the cause of the problem.
            Also under the rubber cap there are numerous rust patches bubbling up from under the paint on the bar. It is only the section of tubing on the passenger headlight bar that is affected.

I removed the front grill (very easy with a flat screwdriver and those pop out plastic retainers) to check for any other sources of rust (bar to chassis was my area of interest) and there was absolutely none!
            Prehaps I just have a dud bar and that section of tubing was inferior to the other steel in the bars construction?

Does anyone know if these bars made locally or in Japan?
            Anyone else with a similar issue?

Comment

• erad
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2015
              • Cooma NSW

I just checked my genuine MM bullbar. It has a small (8mm I think) stud on the bottom which holds the steel reinforcement of the rubber overrider in place. I haven't undone these to be able to lift the overrider, but looking at it, I would say it is an ideal place to trap moisture. Therefore as soon as possible I will remove the holding nut and lift the overrider to check. Hopefully it is OK - I live in a rather dry area nut of late it has been very wet. And My Pajero lives ina garage and once you put a wet car away , it stays wet.

Comment

• Hazpet
                • May 2014
                • Mandurah

The bars are made in Queensland by Queensland Bullbars near Brisbane. I removed the rubber strips on mine and filled the holes with black silicone. The MM bars for the NX have done away with the "pedestrian protection" as they call it. Maybe they found it was a problem.
                2014 NW VR-X, Ironbark. Dual battery, Off Road Downunder tray, Redarc BCDC1225LV, 92ah AGM, Projector dual battery moniter, Rhino racks & rod holders, ARB awning, MMA steel bar, MMA towbar package, Half rear wheel cover & lift kit, Xray vision 10led bar, Uniden UH 8080NB CB, Tint a car tint, Rear shelf, 40l Engel & slide, Blackvue in car video, Baintech power panel, Scan guage, ARB compressor, Rodezi rod holders, Sports grill, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guard & various other bits & pieces.

Comment

• Paj People 2009
                  Valued Member
                  • Oct 2009
                  • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Hi,

Have you had the car from new?

MM offer a lifetime warranty on the bars, if you have. Take it back to them for a new one!!

Cheers,
                  Sally
                  SOLD 2009 NT PAJERO PLATINUM & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575

Comment

• MTD
                    • Oct 2012
                    • NW Brisbane

Thanks Hazpet and Sally,

I am currently talking to QLD Bullbars. What a great company to deal with .
                    Will update thread once resolved.
                    Cheers

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X