• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Axis
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2011
    • Highett Vic

Originally posted by traktor View Post
    I received a recall letter and booked with dealer on the 24th of March, hopefully the timing chain is ok as the car has done only about 20,000K, just wondering if engine oil is changed when they replace the tensioner.
    Nope. Oil is not changed.
    07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates

Comment

• Silverfox
      • Apr 2010
      • Adelaide

Took my Pajero in this morning and just received a phone call to say its ready to be picked up.
      Only had to change the timing chain tensioner.

Comment

• traktor
        • Oct 2013
        • sydney

Originally posted by Axis View Post
        Nope. Oil is not changed.
        oh well, no free ride in this case
        NW M14, GLXR, spare wheel lift kit, MM tow bar, bushskinz front/sump/auto/trans/rear bumper guards and side steps, rhino pioneer platform, ARB delux bullbar

Comment

• bacon
          Banned
          • Feb 2015
          • Australia

Originally posted by traktor View Post
          I received a recall letter and booked with dealer on the 24th of March, hopefully the timing chain is ok as the car has done only about 20,000K, just wondering if engine oil is changed when they replace the tensioner.

I asked the cost of a oil and filter change while it was in for recall was told $240 I said thanks mate I will give it a miss

I LOVE MMs SERVICE just makes me want to buy another one

Comment

• Cammo
            • Jun 2014
            • Kiama

Recall

I just had my timing chain tensioner replaced and my chain inspected on my 2014 Exceed with 12000 km and everything seems alright.

Before this I range Mitsubishi Australia and they identified my Vin and stated the tensions MUST be replaced and the chain inspected for wear. If it was worn it would be replaced.

When I picked it up from the dealer I requested a copy of the recall work sheet that outlined what was done.

Regards

Comment

• birdd
              • Mar 2014
              • Bundaberg, QLD

I dropped into my local MM, they only got a total of 40 kits apparently, so they've just taking my details and added it to the pile and will contact me when they get to it...

Does that sound right?
              2008 MY09 Pajero NT GLX
              MM Alloy Bullbar, MM Sidesteps, MM Tow Bar, Bushskinz Intercooler and Sump Guards, Pioneer Platform, Supa-Peg Supa Wing Deluxe 270 Awning, 2x2.5m Kalahari Awning, 23" 144W CREE LED Light bar, Uniden UH8080NB, eBay Reversing Camera, Sony XAV-AX100 6.2" CarPlay/Android Auto Headunit, MM/Milford Cargo Barrier, Torqit Pedal Torq, Dual Battery (CTEK D250S Dual, PowerSonic 120AH AGM)

Comment

• spot01
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2011
                • Adelaide

Sounds a bit odd - usually manufacturers ensure they have sufficient parts available before they announce the recall - perhaps they are just waiting for their next delivery? I'd give them a couple of weeks & then call them to check.
                Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• smally
                  • Oct 2013
                  • Loveday SA

Originally posted by birdd View Post
                  I dropped into my local MM, they only got a total of 40 kits apparently, so they've just taking my details and added it to the pile and will contact me when they get to it...

Does that sound right?
                  Yes, most Dealers were sent 40 only.

Comment

• rossyboys
                    • Dec 2013
                    • Barden Ridge

Mitsubishi at Sutherland Booking NO FRIDAYS

Went to book my NT in for replacement etc of timing chain tensioner and was told they don't do warranty work on Fridays, I told them thats the only day I get off a month to bring it in and again they stated they don't do warranty work/recall work on a Friday.

Could this be correct?

Comment

• spot01
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2011
                      • Adelaide

Originally posted by rossyboys View Post
                      Went to book my NT in for replacement etc of timing chain tensioner and was told they don't do warranty work on Fridays, I told them thats the only day I get off a month to bring it in and again they stated they don't do warranty work/recall work on a Friday.

Could this be correct?
                      I'd try another dealer.....
                      Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Rovingman
                        Valued Member
                        • Jan 2014
                        • Blue mountains

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
                        I'd try another dealer.....
                        I would call MM Australia surely that's BS if its a national recall. they would have an obligation.
                        Pajero NT RX 2011
                        Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
                        LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

• phicks
                          Valued Member
                          • Feb 2011
                          • melbourne

Pajero Recall

Hi Guys,
                          My I am the Service Manager at Chadstone Mitsubishi in Melbourne, also the President of the Pajero Club (vic)
                          I noticed a few queries from people having trouble getting the recall done due to limited parts at their locla dealer. If anyone is in Melbourne, and they want it done, i have at least 80+ in stock, and can get more overnight, so we'd be happy to do it for you.

Thank you

Paul Hicks
                          NX Pajero GLS. Service Manager at Chadstone Mitsubishi.

Comment

• PMK
                            • Jul 2012
                            • Sunbury

Originally posted by PMK View Post
                            Thanks for all the feedback on this,
                            I will be contacting the dealer today & asking for a detailed record of work done
                            I can see that the tensioner & gasket has been replaced but thinking more about it some sort of documentation to keep with my handbook would be good.
                            Cheers, Paul
                            Just a follow up.
                            I have received a no value invoice in the mail detailing work done.
                            Happy with that. Will keep with my service records now.
                            Should have stood my ground when work was done & asked then.
                            So if you get the recall done make sure you get the paperwork as the dealer I went to thought it wasn't necessary
                            Cheers
                            Last edited by PMK; 13-03-15, 06:15 PM.
                            SOLD - 2010 NT Pajero DiD Activ Mica Black - Safari Snorkel,T/Dog - 50mm Lovells rear, f/stone airbags, 50mm bilst/lov front. Ctek D250S. L/force 170's, Teko P3, C/Barrier, B/stone D697LT, GME TX4400, UltraGuage. ARB Sahara Bar. Bushskinz i/c, sump guards. Provent 200 & SPVi Mod. & d/son secondary fuel filter.

Check out my Photo Bucket;
                            http://s268.beta.photobucket.com/use...60064201786735

Comment

• Widgeeman
                              • Jul 2012
                              • Widgee Qld

Had mine done today - only rang yesterday to enquire.
                              About 1 hr all up, and copy of invoice provided. Mitsubishi Gympie.
                              Only the tensioner, no chain necessary.
                              NT with 117,000km.
                              Happy

Cheers
                              Graham
                              - - - - - -
                              2010 NT GL Auto DiD- OL Bull Bar, Avenger (Kingone) 9500lb winch, Tow Bar, Rhino rack bars with old rack on top when needed. GME UHF radio, Dual battery system (home made tray, Enerdrive isolator, dual voltmeter), s/steel water tank in 3rd seat storage area, rear storage (home made), Narva lights, 50mm suspension lift (Kings springs, OzTec shocks), Masten TPMS, Bushskinz underbody protection and sliders, 3" exhaust, EGR block, Scangauge, Toyo A/T II tyres, Airtec snorkel

Comment

• rossyboys
                                • Dec 2013
                                • Barden Ridge

Originally posted by phicks View Post
                                Hi Guys,
                                My I am the Service Manager at Chadstone Mitsubishi in Melbourne, also the President of the Pajero Club (vic)
                                I noticed a few queries from people having trouble getting the recall done due to limited parts at their locla dealer. If anyone is in Melbourne, and they want it done, i have at least 80+ in stock, and can get more overnight, so we'd be happy to do it for you.

Thank you

Paul Hicks
                                Do you have Fridays as a No work day on this job as I've been told by the local Mitsubishi Service center they don't carry out this job on Fridays. Could this be right?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X