Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 3 Pajero

Generation 3 Pajero NM - NP Models 2000 - 2006

Old 29-02-20

Thanks Andy!

Iíll keep you in mind if I canít work out this later model locker. Gut tells me to just do it as it will work. My wallet says we canít afford a paperweight of that size if it doesnít work out.

Thanks for the info on the tail lights. Iíve found these on ebay and was sitting on them before pulling the trigger. Shouldíve done it with the tax return, the bloody things have strangely become more expensive! Youíre closer so I dare say theyíll be cheaper to get to you than to me.

Cheers

Bennie
2005 NP DiD auto. The family bus. Dual batteries, snorkel, one side step, no lift (yet), 81L LRA tank (awesome!). Other rides: "Ruby Scoo" my lifted L series Subaru and my "Redback" Targa top Brumby - only mods are 5 poster bullbar and nicer dashboard from a coupe
Old 01-03-20

There is 33 splines ( the same as the no companion shaft)
And the total length from the face to the end of the splines is 140mm

The companion shaft inside is the same as the NP shaft, however the bolt pattern to the drive shaft is wider so I had to swap the companion shafts over from my open diff to the locker, fortunately they are interchangeable.

Managed to get the diff fitted today but I had to stop short of replacing the oil and setting up the pump etc.

Hope all that help Bennie.

Andy
Old 01-03-20

Legend Andy!

Thatís the best info Iíve found/heard/had supplied so far! The use of the verniers was a great idea and paints an awesome picture of whatís needed.

And thank you for the info on the difference in the lockerís companion shaft and the openís companion shaft.

Now to find out if the companion shafts fit the later modelís locker. I donít see why theyíd change a proven design. Time to pull some companion shafts and visit the seller! Hopefully itís still there in a few weeks (itís a 3hr one way drive from me).

Thanks for your time Andy!

Cheers

Bennie
2005 NP DiD auto. The family bus. Dual batteries, snorkel, one side step, no lift (yet), 81L LRA tank (awesome!). Other rides: "Ruby Scoo" my lifted L series Subaru and my "Redback" Targa top Brumby - only mods are 5 poster bullbar and nicer dashboard from a coupe
Old 01-03-20

No problem Bennie, happy to help. Hope you manage to find what you want and that the shaft are interchangeable, I would think they are though, I had a look online and found the newer shafts are 33 spline and the race is still 55mm diameter so the only difference could be the spline diameter and the length.

Andy