Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Do It Yourself Projects

Do It Yourself Projects Anything that you have made up yourself. Rear storage systems etc

Old 29-04-10

Brett that would be great, I have a mate who has just had his fail and the local Mitsu dealer doesnt want to know so far.

Cheers
Scott
Old 29-04-10

If the short shaft wont come out of the diff try rotating it and try again, the clip could be hung up.
The C clip could be modified slightly by expanding it a bit but if you do that also turn the last few mm, either end, in a bit with pliers to help it to come out next time.
Always put the gap to the top when you refit it and if it's still tricky use a little grease to centralise it.
Any suspension lift will risk the balls in the inner cv joint hitting the retaining clip at full travel which will pull it out of the diff.
Old 02-05-10
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettm357 View Post
I still have a copy of the hotline fix if anyone wants a copy

I'd like a copy please Brett. Car getting a MAJOR service on Tues prior to long tow trip. Might ask MM to look at it Tues too.
Old 07-05-10

Awesome, thanks for that Brett, I will pass that on to my mate and see if he can kick a goal with MM

Cheers
Scott
Old 12-04-11

Thanks for all the tips guys,

after suffering a blow out and reading up on what was needed, I utilised this thread to have a go myself.
As was stated here, you will need a long bar on the ratchet to loosen the 14/16mm bolts.
Seals looked okay so left them alone.
Installed the upgraded companion shafts, so all up took me around 4 hours (longest bit was refilling the diff oil) with limited knowledge.

2 new shafts @ $150 each & $45 of Diff oil (2.5 litres left over) = $350 total.

Best bit.... no waiting time and I am back on the road

thanks
Ron
Old 21-04-11

Default helloeveryone

thank you for ... i was looking for the way of replacement.. i had got it now....
i had read all the parts of it .. this information is really worth of appreciation thank you..'
Old 03-05-11
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neha View Post
thank you for ... i was looking for the way of replacement.. i had got it now....
i had read all the parts of it .. this information is really worth of appreciation thank you..'
Where'd you get the shafts for that price? Is there a model that you can get them from wreckers that suits 2002?
Old 14-06-11

Just as an added note. Here in South Africa is a guy that sends the old shafts to an engineering firm to cut the groove bigger to accomodate the bigger new circlip on the old shafts. This works out a lot cheaper than the need to replace the shafts as well. I have not experienced it first hand though, but he seems to reckon that it works 100%. Might be worth investigating that avenue in your neck of the woods as well.

CATS
(Snoopy)Old Man Emu heavy duty suspension-now on Iron man, 265/75/16 BFG A/T tyres, ARB Sahara bar, Warn winch, KC Daylighter and Hella spots, 3 aux Batteries, ARB aircompressor, Safari Snorkel, Outback Roofrack, on board EGT and Tyre Pressure gauge. Factory rear difflock standard :-) - Sadly sold and missed dearly.
2008 Pajero NS 3.2 DiDc GLS LWB Auto(Sylvester)-SOLD
2009 Pajero NS 3.2 DiDc GLS LWB Auto(Casper)
Old 14-06-11

Fantastic post mate, will be going back to this if mine pop out up!
Cheers
Old 16-06-11

As Davie says...I've it bookmarked just in case...