• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maka2000
    • May 2015
    • sydney

Sensor Engine Control Boost

hi everyone

during a few last trips i've had loss of gear, superselect and engine check lights coming up after some steady driving on hwy on my paj2010. IT was back to normal after engine restart .
    I took it to the mitsi dealer who run the diagnostics and suggested to do the manifold clean , (the last time i brought it to the same dealer was the same suggestion) and the mechanical report says manifold is blocked etc.
    Ok that might be part of it and the blocked manifold keeps the butterflys open which causing some error .
    I've got the parts quote including fuel tubes replacement.
    The parts quote is about $1300 plus about 2 days of work.
    one item in the quote looks a bit odd, the Sernsor ENG Control boost part number MI-1865A035 and its price $302.
    i've looked online and think it's the MAP air booster which is on the air-filter box, isn't it? if its the one its cost on ebay is about $65-$70 .
    not sure if the mitsi dealer trying to rip me off on those jobs or is it correct. have anyone had similar issue?
    by the way i've blanketed the egr intake from exhaust by installing blank plate, doe the erg still gets blocked form the engine gases?
  • Ian Wilkinson
    • Mar 2016
    • Brisbane

The last 24 hrs has been a learning curve for me, so I could be wrong here, but the MAP, if you have a Gen 4 is the little sensor on top of the fuel filter, you'll see a vacuum hose that runs from the manifold to the sensor, the MAF is the sensor on the air cleaner box, and the boost control sensor is the one that you need to remove the engine cover to see. It's connected via a rubber hose to the vacuum unit up on top of the turbo, and the vacuum tubing runs from the vacuum unit up to the sensor which is on the left side of the engine when your at the front of the car looking at the engine.

If you find my thread in the Gen 4.3 pages, about engine power loss, there's a photo on about page 3 or page 4 of the thread of this sensor.

Geeez I hope I'm right with what I've said here.

Comment

• maka2000
      • May 2015
      • sydney

Originally posted by Ian Wilkinson View Post
      The last 24 hrs has been a learning curve for me, so I could be wrong here, but the MAP, if you have a Gen 4 is the little sensor on top of the fuel filter, you'll see a vacuum hose that runs from the manifold to the sensor, the MAF is the sensor on the air cleaner box, and the boost control sensor is the one that you need to remove the engine cover to see. It's connected via a rubber hose to the vacuum unit up on top of the turbo, and the vacuum tubing runs from the vacuum unit up to the sensor which is on the left side of the engine when your at the front of the car looking at the engine.

If you find my thread in the Gen 4.3 pages, about engine power loss, there's a photo on about page 3 or page 4 of the thread of this sensor.

Geeez I hope I'm right with what I've said here.

Hi
      thank you. OK so that sensor is the one at the bottom of the pic i've attached, circled with blue ? which controls the engine kill?
      Attached Files

Comment

• bige
        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by maka2000 View Post
        Hi
        thank you. OK so that sensor is the one at the bottom of the pic i've attached, circled with blue ? which controls the engine kill?
        this is not a picture of a NT engine manifold its a NM NP engine manifold
        you might be getting a bit mixed up with what people are saying

Comment

• maka2000
          • May 2015
          • sydney

Originally posted by bige View Post
          this is not a picture of a NT engine manifold its a NM NP engine manifold
          you might be getting a bit mixed up with what people are saying
          correct, this pic of gen3 was borrowed from another thread of the forum , however the same sensors on the gen4, the one is on the left hand side of the engine, next to air filter box and the other one on the right-hand side, next to the manifold.

so if this is the sensor control boost , and it was quoted for replacement then why mitsi pushing me for manifold clean up?
          i think i can order this sensor and replace it myself.

Comment

• Seigried
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2016
            • brisbane

The map sensor on the firewall can have the vacuum line clogged by excessive carbon. Remove the hose and either blow air into the nipple on the manifold, or get an appropriate size drill bit and gently clear the inside of the nipple using the blunt end. Then clean the map sensor with senor cleaner. I suspect this is why mitsubishi wants to clean the whole manifold.
            Clearing the nipple is a temporary fix if the manifold is truly gummed up.

I use this stuff

Use it on the MAF sensor too. Thats the one next to the air filter.

Also 1300 sounds about right for mitsubishi to do the work. Though i think its more like one days work.
            I would tell them to drop the price.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Seigried; 24-02-20, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• maka2000
              • May 2015
              • sydney

Originally posted by Seigried View Post
              The map sensor on the firewall can have the vacuum line clogged by excessive carbon. Remove the hose and either blow air into the nipple on the manifold, or get an appropriate size drill bit and gently clear the inside of the nipple using the blunt end. Then clean the map sensor with senor cleaner. I suspect this is why mitsubishi wants to clean the whole manifold.
              Clearing the nipple is a temporary fix if the manifold is truly gummed up.

I use this stuff

Use it on the MAF sensor too. Thats the one next to the air filter.

right,
              so you're suggesting to unplug the MAP sensor tube example on the pic (borrowed from another thread ) and give it a good throughout clean? easy enough for me to start with
              . i'll try to do it this weekend, just have to buy those cleaners from supercheap.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Seigried
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2016
                • brisbane

Which ever hose connects to this sensor with the blue plug.

Comment

• maka2000
                  • May 2015
                  • sydney

Originally posted by Seigried View Post
                  Which ever hose connects to this sensor with the blue plug.

cheers! i'll report back when it's done, we'll see if it's worked for me.

thanks again.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X