Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 17-03-20

Default iCarsoft CR pro

Hello,
Last night I got a SRS warning lamp up and i'm looking at a tool to help me diagnose & repair the srs system as i'm well outside of warranty.

Has anyone used the 'iCarsoft CR pro' scan tool to read analyse and reset errors specifically for the SRS system/ ECU

Cheers,
Paul
2012 PB Challenger, Auto.
Old 17-03-20
Valued Member

I have an Icarsoft HMN II unit, and it did not manage to clear the SRS fault code from my NW Pajero. It said that it cleared the code successfully, but when I started the car again, the fault code reappeared. There was no fault - I took the car to the local Mitsubishi dealer and the foreman cleared the code with his MUTT system. The HNM II manages to monitor many parameters and has cleared a few codes, but one code - something to low voltage - would not clear, even on the MUTT machine. I had replaced the battery but the code remained and the dealer could not clear it either. I just ignored it from then on.
Old 18-03-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi downunder View Post
Hello,
Last night I got a SRS warning lamp up and i'm looking at a tool to help me diagnose & repair the srs system as i'm well outside of warranty.

Has anyone used the 'iCarsoft CR pro' scan tool to read analyse and reset errors specifically for the SRS system/ ECU

Cheers,
Paul
2012 PB Challenger, Auto.
I have a feeling it’s your right hand curtain air bag wiring loom ...
of course need to verify this ...
and even out of warranty Mitsi are doing these as good will .. just demand a dealer to put in the claim ...

We just had ours done also .. at first the dealer said $1800 .. I said did you put a claim in .. their reply it’s out of warranty.. I wouldn’t except that and demanded they put in the claim .. and low and behold it was covered ...

Just be aware it’s a massive job and take photos of before and after all panels and check clips .. as we got our car back after first returning it with 19 bits of damage .. they then took 2 weeks to get it back to near condition that I accepted...

Good luck

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) - OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch front #plate light bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T,Dash cam, 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap
Old 19-03-20
Valued Member

I had the light and the stealership played with the connectors which resolved. It got obd2 tool off ebay which resets srs codes and it actually works,
PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.
Old 19-03-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by amec View Post
I had the light and the stealership played with the connectors which resolved. It got obd2 tool off ebay which resets srs codes and it actually works,
What is the said tool type and model please, I want to try and find the fault, as I'm sure I disturbed the connectors/wires at the ECU and just want to reset/ monitor codes until I get the correct connection.
Old 20-03-20
Valued Member

Foxwell nt630 elite.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200320_171634.jpg (81.7 KB, 15 views)
PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.
Old 20-03-20

Thanks, I will check it out.