Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Body and Soul

Body and Soul Discussion about the chassis and body, paintwork, cabin fittings, air conditioning, etc.

Old 28-02-20
Valued Member

Default Broken Rear Door arm

I'm probably not the first one to break the arm which holds the rear door open. I tried shutting it on a slope and forget to unlock the arm first.

So I'll have to disconnect it but the question is, can I get one somewhere other than mortgaging my house and going to the local MM dealer ?

Maybe a wreckers is worth a try.

It's off my NX but I assume older models have the same arm set up ?
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 28-02-20

Must be the day for it, I broke mine today as well!

Keen to know of any other solutions people have found.
Old 28-02-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H View Post
I'm probably not the first one to break the arm which holds the rear door open. I tried shutting it on a slope and forget to unlock the arm first.

So I'll have to disconnect it but the question is, can I get one somewhere other than mortgaging my house and going to the local MM dealer ?

Maybe a wreckers is worth a try.

It's off my NX but I assume older models have the same arm set up ?

You are NOT the first. I bought mine from Amayama for $136NZD delivered about a year ago. It was going to be well over $200 from Mitzi NZ

https://www.amayama.com/en/part/mitsubishi/5822a020
2007 NS Pajero GLS Diesel. Factory rear diff lock. Custom rear bumper guard. Custom side steps. Boos front three 3mm bash plates. Maxxis AT980. Couple of CB radios. Provent 200. Traction control diff lock mod. ASFIR hidden winch mount with Domin8r X 12,000lb winch. Dobinsons raised springs and shocks. TJM snorkel
Old 28-02-20
Valued Member

Thanks for the link.

Any thoughts on changing to this one.....

https://www.strutyourstuff.net.au/pr...ear-door-strut
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 28-02-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H View Post
Thanks for the link.

Any thoughts on changing to this one.....

https://www.strutyourstuff.net.au/pr...ear-door-strut

The text says "THE STRUT DOES NOT LOCK IN ANY POSITION LIKE THE OEM UNIT". That would be a nuisance for me personally.
2007 NS Pajero GLS Diesel. Factory rear diff lock. Custom rear bumper guard. Custom side steps. Boos front three 3mm bash plates. Maxxis AT980. Couple of CB radios. Provent 200. Traction control diff lock mod. ASFIR hidden winch mount with Domin8r X 12,000lb winch. Dobinsons raised springs and shocks. TJM snorkel
Old 29-02-20
Valued Member

Has anyone on this forum used the gas strut referred to above to replace the original rear door prop? If so, how well dos it work?
Old 29-02-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrubby View Post
The text says "THE STRUT DOES NOT LOCK IN ANY POSITION LIKE THE OEM UNIT". That would be a nuisance for me personally.
Yes, good point. I just ordered one of the standard MM type for $169

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-...53.m2749.l2649
Old 05-03-20
Valued Member

It arrived today and was fitted in 5 minutes. All good.