• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rgrubby
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2018
    • Wellington - NZ

Oil Drain Valve

Has anyone used the Oil Drain Valve EZ-106?
    If an adapter/extension is required for recessed sump drain holes Adapter A-106 (17mm) or AL-106 (25mm) is suitable for this valve. Benefits• Cleaner oil changes• Saves time• No more burned hands• Drain when oil is hotter• Eliminate stripped, crossed or frozen threads• Easy to correct over-filling• Easy oil sampling• W

I'm interested to hear any long term reviews. Has anyone had one leak?
    I'm considering using one and drilling a small hole in my sump guard make oil changes a bit quicker and easier.
    2007 NS Pajero GLS Diesel. Factory rear diff lock. Custom rear bumper. Custom side steps. Kaon and ASFIR bash plates. Cooper Evolution MT tyres. Couple of CB radios. UltraGauge. Provent 200. Traction control diff lock mod. ARB Comercial bull bar with custom brush bars and Domin8r X 12,000lb winch. Dobinsons and Kings raised springs and shocks. TJM snorkel
  • HeavyPizzaz
    Valued Member
    • May 2017
    • Sydney

Oil Drain Valve

*Opens link*

Shut up and take my money!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Nab
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2012
      • Perth

I have never heard of them leaking. I like the theory but the potential to lose oil with a stick strike or sabotage is in my mind!! Highly unlikely but unless your doing heaps of oil changes a year I wouldn’t consider it. I do 4 oil changes a year, I like to take the bash plates off and have a look about for any potential issues or leaks.
      SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
      NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• Ian Sharpe
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2000
        • Tasmania

Although they say it can’t open by mistake . I wouldn’t feel comfortable with one of these . How long does it take to undo the plug anyway & it’s not as if you need to do it every week either .
        NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers
        NT shorty 3.2l tdi, pretty stock with rear locker

Comment

• rgrubby
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2018
          • Wellington - NZ

Originally posted by Nab View Post
          I have never heard of them leaking. I like the theory but the potential to lose oil with a stick strike or sabotage is in my mind!! Highly unlikely but unless your doing heaps of oil changes a year I wouldn’t consider it. I do 4 oil changes a year, I like to take the bash plates off and have a look about for any potential issues or leaks.

I'm not to worried about the valve tap opening, it has a spring loaded tap that needs to be lifted to tun, and if it is accessed through a small hole in the guard, probably not going to get caught up.
          I do also like the chance to have a look around with the sump guard off
          2007 NS Pajero GLS Diesel. Factory rear diff lock. Custom rear bumper. Custom side steps. Kaon and ASFIR bash plates. Cooper Evolution MT tyres. Couple of CB radios. UltraGauge. Provent 200. Traction control diff lock mod. ARB Comercial bull bar with custom brush bars and Domin8r X 12,000lb winch. Dobinsons and Kings raised springs and shocks. TJM snorkel

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
            Valued Member
            • May 2017
            • Sydney

How can these open by mistake when bash plates cover the sump?

Comment

• erad
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2015
              • Cooma NSW

One big advantage of this drain valve would be to stop the drain half way through and then empty the drain bucket that you are using. I find trying to handle about 9 litres of hot oil is not easy.

Comment

• geopaj
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2007
                • Adelaide

Originally posted by erad View Post
                One big advantage of this drain valve would be to stop the drain half way through and then empty the drain bucket that you are using. I find trying to handle about 9 litres of hot oil is not easy.
                I just use a 10L oil catch pan and do it in one go.

Mine is a different brand but I see they’re cheap and easy to find
                Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
                  Valued Member
                  • May 2017
                  • Sydney

Originally posted by geopaj View Post
                  I just use a 10L oil catch pan and do it in one go.

Mine is a different brand but I see they’re cheap and easy to find

https://www.repco.com.au/en/brands/g...10l/p/A9370974
                  Yeah I bought this exact one after realising the one I had for the v6 NP wasn’t big enough for the NX. Works a treat.

Comment

• mongoose
                    • Aug 2007

Would certainly prevent the situation of accidentally dropping the plug in the hot oil and then having to fish around for it.

NW Pajero VR-X
                    Currently stock

Comment

• Garc
                      • May 2015
                      • Perth

I’ve had the EZ drain tap for about a year now. It’s under a bash plate in which I have made a 2 cm hole allowing me to operate the tap. I use a small hose on the tap to direct the oil better. Can’t see any problem with it opening by accident as it’s higher than the plate - it’s a bit of a faff opening it but easier than dropping the bash plate. I do oil changes every 10K km. I was concerned about the likelihood of damage to bash plate and/or sump plug threads from the frequent use, and having to get new sump plug washers all the time.
                      Gary

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Kings 120A lithium battery in rear cargo area, Renogy DCDC charger, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.

Comment

• mrbitchi
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2007
                        • Brisbane

I had one on my Paj for about 6 yrs I think. When I sold that and bought the Cruiser it was one of the first things I bought for it. So I've had them for about 8 or 9 yrs now and never had an issue. Makes oil changes SO much easier.

I still have to take the bash plates off to change the oil filter so that's a non issue for me.
                        Cheers, John.
                        LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
                        Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• rgrubby
                          Valued Member
                          • Apr 2018
                          • Wellington - NZ

Originally posted by Garc View Post
                          I’ve had the EZ drain tap for about a year now. It’s under a bash plate in which I have made a 2 cm hole allowing me to operate the tap. I use a small hose on the tap to direct the oil better. Can’t see any problem with it opening by accident as it’s higher than the plate - it’s a bit of a faff opening it but easier than dropping the bash plate. I do oil changes every 10K km. I was concerned about the likelihood of damage to bash plate and/or sump plug threads from the frequent use, and having to get new sump plug washers all the time.

Nice, I like the idea of using a short hose too. There is often a good wind blowing when I change my oil and it can make a mess. I'll have to have a good look under there at clearances. 2cm hole is quite small.

Originally posted by mrbitchi View Post
                          I had one on my Paj for about 6 yrs I think. When I sold that and bought the Cruiser it was one of the first things I bought for it. So I've had them for about 8 or 9 yrs now and never had an issue. Makes oil changes SO much easier.

I still have to take the bash plates off to change the oil filter so that's a non issue for me.

Thanks for that, good to hear a long term review. With the Boos Bash Plates on the Pajero I can already change the filter without removing the transmission guard so that's an improvement on the factory guard. I might start looking for filters with drains on them too, they are mentioned somewhere on this forum.

Comment

• Nab
                            Valued Member
                            • Mar 2012
                            • Perth

Fleet guard oil filters have the drain bolt on them.
                            SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
                            NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• Garc
                              • May 2015
                              • Perth

Youre right, the hole is probably bigger. I only put the hose on when I drain it

Gary

Originally posted by rgrubby View Post
                              Nice, I like the idea of using a short hose too. There is often a good wind blowing when I change my oil and it can make a mess. I'll have to have a good look under there at clearances. 2cm hole is quite small.

Thanks for that, good to hear a long term review. With the Boos Bash Plates on the Pajero I can already change the filter without removing the transmission guard so that's an improvement on the factory guard. I might start looking for filters with drains on them too, they are mentioned somewhere on this forum.
                              Gary

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Kings 120A lithium battery in rear cargo area, Renogy DCDC charger, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X