• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ian H
    Valued Member
    • May 2015
    • Melbourne

Originally posted by Dug1 View Post
    Is it best to take the reading at the converter or the pan just out of interest
    The reading should be after it comes out of the converter, which will be a lot higher than the pan unless the TC is locked, in which case they will equalise. That's why having Auto Mate is so good, you can drive all day and most of the time both readings are identical.
    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Dug1
      • Jun 2011
      • Far South Coast NSW

That's what I figured- the TC value would be after the oil has done its work. Thanks.

Comment

• PaulMcG
        • Apr 2017
        • Sunshine Coast

I'm looking for some input from anyone who has Ultragauge MX1.3.

Which of the mounting bracket options works the best, (as in fits the dash profile, depending on available space). I would guess best position is RHS of steering wheel, but it's difficult to tell the units size/profile from a photo. Options looks like either vertical surface, horizontal surface, or windscreen(not keen in this).

Obviously a matter of individual requirements, but any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
        NX 2016 GLS (non-DPF); MMA towbar, nudge bar; Boo's intercooler, sump, transmission Bash Plates 3mm; Donaldson secondary FF; Provent Catch Can; SPV mod; Stedi ST4K 28" lightbar; Falken Wildpeak AT3W; MM4x4 Auto Mate; Kings raised coils/ Dobinsons IMS struts & shocks.

Comment

• DT6061
          • May 2015
          • Tea Gardens

Originally posted by PaulMcG View Post
          I'm looking for some input from anyone who has Ultragauge MX1.3.

Which of the mounting bracket options works the best, (as in fits the dash profile, depending on available space). I would guess best position is RHS of steering wheel, but it's difficult to tell the units size/profile from a photo. Options looks like either vertical surface, horizontal surface, or windscreen(not keen in this).

Obviously a matter of individual requirements, but any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
          Vertical surface mount works for me
          2015 NX GLS with stuff added

Comment

• Dicko1
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2014
            • Cairns, FNQ

Here is mine..been like this for 5 years...no issues
            Attached Files
            Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• 2bad4u
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2009
              • Perth, Western Australia

Got mine in the same spot as Dicko. Convenient for the digital speed display which I now use rather than the dial.
              Warren
              2012 NW DiD Activ - Retired
              2023 Nissan Y62 Patrol Ti

Comment

• Ian H
                Valued Member
                • May 2015
                • Melbourne

Mine's in the same spot but I don't use the speed display. I'd rather get that via GPS which is more accurate.
                2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Dicko1
                  Valued Member
                  • Dec 2014
                  • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
                  Mine's in the same spot but I don't use the speed display. I'd rather get that via GPS which is more accurate.

Actually Ian my GPS is exactly the same at all speeds as the Ultragauge. Its not 5-6% out like the cars speedo. I drive by the Ultragauge speed and when using cruise control I know it is exact as I have spoken to a couple of truckies that I have followed and met at fuel stops. I,ve questioned them and their cruising speed at 100kph is exactly the same as mine. I do believe you can calibrate the speed to match your GPS...pretty sure that's what I did...5 years ago, so I,m not 100% certain.

Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• Stinky
                    • Jul 2007
                    • Gladstone, qld

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                    Actually Ian my GPS is exactly the same at all speeds as the Ultragauge. Its not 5-6% out like the cars speedo. I drive by the Ultragauge speed and when using cruise control I know it is exact as I have spoken to a couple of truckies that I have followed and met at fuel stops. I,ve questioned them and their cruising speed at 100kph is exactly the same as mine. I do believe you can calibrate the speed to match your GPS...pretty sure that's what I did...5 years ago, so I,m not 100% certain.

The Ultragauge will more than likely reading ECU speed which will be more accurate than the speedo and close to, if not the same as GPS speed.
                    The story so far.....03 NP with fruit -Sold.
                    My15 NX. ARB Steel Bar. LED spots. Dobinson MRR lift. Outback Exhaust Fat Pipe. Intervolt DC Pro Dual Battery setup. Provent. SPi module. MM4X4 Lockup Mate, Paddle Mate & Paddle Shift. Mako 12,000 winch with Dyneema.

I'm the boss of my marriage.....my wife said i could say that!

Comment

• PaulMcG
                      • Apr 2017
                      • Sunshine Coast

Thanks to everybody for the feedback and photo, that's where I had hoped it would fit.
                      NX 2016 GLS (non-DPF); MMA towbar, nudge bar; Boo's intercooler, sump, transmission Bash Plates 3mm; Donaldson secondary FF; Provent Catch Can; SPV mod; Stedi ST4K 28" lightbar; Falken Wildpeak AT3W; MM4x4 Auto Mate; Kings raised coils/ Dobinsons IMS struts & shocks.

Comment

• Dicko1
                        Valued Member
                        • Dec 2014
                        • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Stinky View Post
                        The Ultragauge will more than likely reading ECU speed which will be more accurate than the speedo and close to, if not the same as GPS speed.

Hope your wife doesn't see your signature....you,ll cop it!!
                        Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• Pixie_au
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Queensland

Same s mine

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

• nj swb
                            Resident
                            • Jun 2007
                            • Adelaide

Gee Dicko - that's a really neat little assembly alongside your Ultragauge!
                            NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Ian H
                              Valued Member
                              • May 2015
                              • Melbourne

Originally posted by Stinky View Post
                              Ok, thanks guys, I always assumed it was the same as the speedo. I've got a GPS speed readout so I'll check out what the Ultra Gauge says in comparison.

Comment

• Dicko1
                                Valued Member
                                • Dec 2014
                                • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                                Gee Dicko - that's a really neat little assembly alongside your Ultragauge!

One of the best mods I,ve done mate....you should look at getting one! I can get you one cheep for about $985 delivered.......
                                Dicko. FNQ

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X