Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Other Makes including Toyota Nissan etc

Other Makes including Toyota Nissan etc Discussion on pro's and con's of other makes and models.

Old 25-09-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nab View Post
How do you know you had a better time? I went on an off-road trip 2 weeks ago alongside a 12month old Ranger and 18year old cruiser. Both of them had a bloody fantastic time, the cost of their cars didnít make one enjoy it more than the other.

If you canít justify spending the money, thatís fine. You may need to get 30years or constant use to see the value, thatís only because $90k is a lot of money to you.

Wouldn't $90 grand be considered a lot of money by the big majority of people?

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavouring, and dish washing liquid made with real lemons?

Telegraph X camper
Old 25-09-18
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
Yes, but that's not the point. For some people, it's not a lot of money, so they're quite happy to drop $90k (or much more) on a 4wd, then head towards the horizon and see where they end up. Having a brand new, state of the art, off road 4wd helps them enjoy their time - they're not spending all day every day worried about its depreciation. If it has Toyota badges it may not be depreciating that much anyway.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 25-09-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post

I would say so.
Old 25-09-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj swb View Post
Yes, but that's not the point. For some people, it's not a lot of money, so they're quite happy to drop $90k (or much more) on a 4wd, then head towards the horizon and see where they end up. Having a brand new, state of the art, off road 4wd helps them enjoy their time - they're not spending all day every day worried about its depreciation. If it has Toyota badges it may not be depreciating that much anyway.

Correct.
Old 01-10-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj swb View Post
Agree. You'd be pleasantly surprised at how much some of the builds that come out from Boss aluminium or patriot campers cost. Cost becomes quite subjective. And some of these guys actually use it as it's meant to based on their instagram accounts. At the end of day, spend money towards what makes you happy. It's not like we can take it all when we leave.
Old 26-11-18
Valued Member

There have been a few reviews on this particular product...

https://www.productreview.com.au/p/iveco-daily-4x4.html
https://expeditionportal.com/forum/t...-fails.192087/

There are a few question about this vehicle in regards to these reviews, but a couple came into work with one that had a camper on the back.
Poor buggas
The couple are not happy...it is only 6 months old..just touched 10k...tally so far.. 1 front diff leaking, one cracked firewall and the "gearbox has its moments"...he paid big $$$$$$ + on roads, insurance etc, new straight off the lot and then got the camper on..
Old 27-11-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterng View Post
There have been a few reviews on this particular product...

https://www.productreview.com.au/p/iveco-daily-4x4.html
https://expeditionportal.com/forum/t...-fails.192087/

There are a few question about this vehicle in regards to these reviews, but a couple came into work with one that had a camper on the back.
Poor buggas
The couple are not happy...it is only 6 months old..just touched 10k...tally so far.. 1 front diff leaking, one cracked firewall and the "gearbox has its moments"...he paid big $$$$$$ + on roads, insurance etc, new straight off the lot and then got the camper on..
That story again just makes me wonder what is this world is coming to.. half of a 4wd is pure marketing & not designed for longterm offroad use. Life is too short for that nonsense.

Until Toyota make a real civilian 79 dualcab that can carry 800KG in tray over 1000's KM of corrugations with enough leg room in second row for adults I will never touch a new 4WD.
Old 27-11-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bru9 View Post
That story again just makes me wonder what is this world is coming to.. half of a 4wd is pure marketing & not designed for longterm offroad use. Life is too short for that nonsense.

Until Toyota make a real civilian 79 dualcab that can carry 800KG in tray over 1000's KM of corrugations with enough leg room in second row for adults I will never touch a new 4WD.
Yes, I have to agree with you there, but this is a conversation that I have been having with members of my 4wd club..
Old 07-12-18
Valued Member

Setting the iveco up with a whole setup on the back to me is completely nuts, just how commercial touring is sickens me. Basically putting a caravan on the back. Might aswell be virtual outdoors. As if the stock vehicle alone didn't cost enough, all that work & money for a vehicle that probably will last just 15years of touring before it needs to be disposed of?

To me personally no matter what setup you can put on the back of the iveco costing hundreds of thousands, it won't come close to a good camper trailer which is a fraction of the cost.
also its said this thing will go anywhere, again really? Will it go in some serious rutty offroad tracks with all that setup routinely? My guess is within 100meters something will break costing 1000s.

My only interest with the this was to have a basic canopy, drifta style kitchen with all my gear thrown in the back for a mostly full external basecamp, for times when camper trailers can't be taken. Not even the 79 singlecab can do it. It's grossly outdated 1200KG payload is really only 700+ after the tray & alloy canopy are added.

No matter what you do, touring is far too professional & the actual real enjoyable camping is non existent.
Old 08-12-18
Valued Member

[QUOTE=nj swb;592851]Yes, but that's not the point. For some people, it's not a lot of money, so they're quite happy to drop $90k (or much more) on a 4wd, then head towards the horizon and see where they end up. Having a brand new, state of the art, off road 4wd helps them enjoy their time - they're not spending all day every day worried about its depreciation. If it has Toyota badges it may not be depreciating that much anyway.[/QUOTE]

haha...Thats because the toyota tax at time of sale makes customers think they are getting value for money...

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavouring, and dish washing liquid made with real lemons?

Telegraph X camper