• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pajshomoneroguntero
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2013
    • Sydney

Solar Extractor

Anyone with opinions/experience with solar extractors.

I have a lot of heat radiating into the upstairs rooms despite half the roof being covered by solar panels. Single brick upstairs and dark concrete tiles. I need to address the gaps in the insulation too however some of the gaps are quite large and limited by the down lights. I'll probably change them all out for lights certified to be covered or abutted by insulation.

I was thinking of the 'ol Whirlybird (multiples of in fact) but came across the solar extractor as an alternative. Roof is without sarking and there are a couple of large vertical louvred ventilators in the roof space.
    NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread
  • womble
    • Apr 2012
    • Adelaide

I have one and it seems to do well. It is supposed to do the same work as 3 whirly birds?

Solatube's roof ventilation system fights moisture, decay and heat build up. Our Solar Powered Roof Ventilation is FREE to run, whisper quiet & unobtrusive.

The above is the one I have
    2016 NX GLX Pajero, ARB Bar, Safari Snorkel, Lightforce DL230HTX, D697's, EGR Plug and Play and The Ultimate Suspension 2" lift

Comment

• NTBenny
      • May 2017
      • Newcastle

I can't comment on solar extractors but I can on the basic whirlybird. The temperature in a roof space is significantly reduce with the installation of whirlybirds. I've been in quite a few roof spaces and the ones with whirlybirds are much cooler.

Benny.
      2011 NT Pajero Platinum, DCS 80AH Extreme Battery, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent 200, Auto-mate TC lockup, Derale fan forced trans cooler, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, Tuned by TME 141rwkw 598nm.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X