• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amitasdhir
    • Aug 2013
    • Hornsby

pajero DiD NW fuel relay and fuel pump location

Hey guys
    Does anyone know where is fuel relay and fuel pump located? Is fuel pump in the fuel tank?

Cheers
    Amit
    My other vehicle - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p64KvHs5M6Y

NW 2011 3.2 DiD, Safari Snorkel, Bilstien and Lovells 2" lift, Warne WD 9000 Winch, Smartbar, Centre & Rear Diff Lock, Bushskinz Underbody guards, Lightforce Driving lights, Uniden UH7700 NB White CH5T Antenna, Continental Cross Contact 265/65/17/ Bridgestone Dueler D697 LT
  • Aussie_Dan
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2010
    • Cairns

I don't think there is any 'in tank' fuel pump on the diesel.
    The fuel is sucked out of the tank by the common rail pump I am pretty sure... I will stand corrected if someone can prove me wrong though!
    Cheers, Dan.
    2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• amitasdhir
      • Aug 2013
      • Hornsby

Thanks Aussie Dan
      My other vehicle - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p64KvHs5M6Y

NW 2011 3.2 DiD, Safari Snorkel, Bilstien and Lovells 2" lift, Warne WD 9000 Winch, Smartbar, Centre & Rear Diff Lock, Bushskinz Underbody guards, Lightforce Driving lights, Uniden UH7700 NB White CH5T Antenna, Continental Cross Contact 265/65/17/ Bridgestone Dueler D697 LT

Comment

• Hill
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2007
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by Aussie_Dan View Post
        I don't think there is any 'in tank' fuel pump on the diesel.
        The fuel is sucked out of the tank by the common rail pump I am pretty sure... I will stand corrected if someone can prove me wrong though!
        Cheers, Dan.
        x2

Hill
        200 Series
        AOR Quantum 4

Comment

• spot01
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2011
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by amitasdhir View Post
          Hey guys
          Does anyone know where is fuel relay and fuel pump located? Is fuel pump in the fuel tank?

Cheers
          Amit
          This manual will help you locate them:

Don't mess with the pump - they are damned expensive!
          Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Techedz
            • Aug 2019
            • South Canberra

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
            This manual will help you locate them:

Don't mess with the pump - they are damned expensive!
            Thanks Guys, I was sitting at the servo waiting for the tow truck when I posted. That link was perfect, great manual, used it before and found what in the fuel pump section including a great link that shows it step by step as per pic below. The pump is under a panel under the drivers side back seat when you tip it forward, don't even have to remove carpet or trims.

I'll have a go at draining it through the filler neck first as I have a gear driven pump and a couple of electric fuel pumps I can use. If I can get close to 85 litres out I'll be happy. If that doesn't work I'll remove the pump but that will take longer and I'm meant to leave at 10 am tomorrow morning for Sydney. I'll let you know how I go. First and last time for that stupid mistake.

Thanks all for the responses.

NW 2012 Pajero Exceed 3.2 Diesel, 18" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs offroad / Coopers Discoverers onroad; 66 Mustang Convertible; Suzuki M109R 1800, DR650 Dirt bike.

Comment

• psproule
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2007
              • Googong, NSW

That manual section talks about a petrol. In a diesel there is a strainer and gauge sender but no pump. But if you only want to remove to drain your tank then it doesn't matter. Small tip - push the hose in, then pull the lock collar back as you remove the line. There is no fuel relay on a diesel either.

Pat
              2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
              2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X