Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Camping /Caravan Parks/ Campers

Camping /Caravan Parks/ Campers It's all about the great outdoors. What you have and where you stayed.

Old 28-08-15
Valued Member

Default LPG hot water/shower

Hi all,

Currently looking at LPG hot water systems for a shower setup to keep the better half happy

There are quite a few options on ebay but just wondering if anyone here has any experience with them and any recommendations.

Also what quality 12V pump would you recommend?

Final setup would look similar to this:
http://www.campertrailers.org/water_heater.htm

Cheers,
Pete
Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Stedi driving/fog light combo + LED headlights, dual battery, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone
Old 28-08-15
Valued Member

I've seen Country Comfort Hot Water installed in a few horse floats and wash down areas.

They also sell them in kits with pumps.

The youtube video isn't a bad watch either

Last edited by _jp_; 28-08-15 at 12:36 PM.
Old 28-08-15

One similar was on sale at national 4x4 show for $250 but found similar on ebay cheaper

Old 28-08-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by my.paj View Post
One similar was on sale at national 4x4 show for $250 but found similar on ebay cheaper
I noticed a few on ebay. Do you buy one? If so what is your opinion/experience with it?
Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Stedi driving/fog light combo + LED headlights, dual battery, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone
Old 28-08-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poita View Post
I noticed a few on ebay. Do you buy one? If so what is your opinion/experience with it?
I didn't buy one I just walked around the show comparing to ebay, as I want to get one but not in a hurry

Old 28-08-15

Also check out the all in one units, companion, coleman, built in pump, some come with shower fittings. They also require a 12v supply for ignition. Some have batteries built in.

Do you want to hard mount it or is portability usefull? We have a companion aquacube and that keeps the girls happy.

Can take it with the family in the ct or just me in the tent. Shop around there's aalways a bargin to be had.
Now gone but still have great memories of adventures - 2010 PB auto Challenger, Factory tow bar, King springs, Oztec shocks, Firestone airbags, TJM steel bar, snorkel, bash plates. Redarc brake controller, custon draws, second batery in back. Anderson plug, redarc isolator, manual circuit breaker. Towing jayco eagle outback 2005.
Turbo replaced under warranty at 159200 klm. Engine dead at 190000 klm.
Old 28-08-15
Valued Member

Last time some friends had a green butane Coleman unit and it was completely unreliable and useless. I don't know if the Companion one is any better.

Edit: It will be portable as we don't have a camper trailer or caravan yet. Will make a bracket to hang it from the roof rack once camped.

Last edited by Poita; 28-08-15 at 01:05 PM.
Old 28-08-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by _jp_ View Post
I've seen Country Comfort Hot Water installed in a few horse floats and wash down areas.

They also sell them in kits with pumps.

The youtube video isn't a bad watch either
I got this brand, it died after 8 months and they do not want to fix , it work well when going but it was a little on the hot side , kids were getting burned even when turns right down
Old 28-08-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianttr View Post
I got this brand, it died after 8 months and they do not want to fix , it work well when going but it was a little on the hot side , kids were getting burned even when turns right down
Ah ok, good to know. This company gets good reviews with their backup service:
http://www.joolca.com.au/hottap
Old 31-08-15
Valued Member

I have a similar unit to these, it came with our camper and it works a treat. We have a separate pump plumbed in to the camper tanks or if close enough it will pump straight from a river or other water source. We can get ours to a good temp, to turn the temp down you turn the water up (brianttr maybe you dont have enough water flow???). never actually measured how much water we go through but if you have a water tap on the handle as soon as flow stops the unit stops, We normally wet ourselves, turn it off soap up and then turn it on again to rinse off.

If its going in/on the car only why not look at one of these type?? we have used one and same thing they are pretty good (no good if you want a shower first thing in the morning as the car needs to be hot)
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GLIND-Hea...item3d0006ec0a

Last edited by GOSSAMER; 31-08-15 at 07:49 AM.