Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Do It Yourself Projects

Do It Yourself Projects Anything that you have made up yourself. Rear storage systems etc

Old 07-11-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying View Post
Timely post, I'm just about to put in a second battery tray and mount an ARB compressor on it... any issues or tips in that location? Do you just use the existing air filters or do you use the extensions?
With mine I had to make it in 2 parts, the old battery tray gets fitted, then the compressor to the mounting plate, then the mounting plate onto the battery tray.

Mine has an extra check valve on the hose as it was used when it ran to the air tank. I
Existing air filters are fine, just as high as my diff and gearbox breathers.

I still need to get a new hose made, a proper hose to handle the heat when the compressor is working. This will run to a small air tank behind the front bar then out to a vertical air fitting mounted in the bullbar with a rubber dust cap to protect it. A drain in the air tank allows you to drain out the system and any water from running the compressor.
Old 09-11-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4J3R0 View Post
With mine I had to make it in 2 parts, the old battery tray gets fitted, then the compressor to the mounting plate, then the mounting plate onto the battery tray.

Thanks for that, saved me at least 5 swear words ... tray and compressor in place, just got to wire it up now...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (81.9 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg Capture2.JPG (116.9 KB, 86 views)
White 2016 Pajero Sport GLS, MM bullbar, HR towbar + andersen hitch, towpro, lovells 2" lift, cooper at3's, bushskinz, thule bars, clearviews, redarc bcdc + 110ah lithium, engel MRF40 fridge, GME TX3350, cel-fi go, ultragauge, idrive, nitro maxx 22" LED bar, awning, cargo barrier, ARB compressor.

Last edited by Flying; 09-11-18 at 09:13 PM. Reason: added pics
Old 11-11-18

Just figured out that the studs in the rear lower panel where i intend to mount compressor are for rockford amp.