• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mattmro444
    • Aug 2014
    • Bangladesh

How can I clean the engine bay?

Summer coming up so gonna give the car a good going over. What is the best way to clean the engine bay?

Thanks
    MRO Supply
  • jinks_one
    • Feb 2012
    • hoppers crossing

clean a engine bay

A bucket of warm soapy water and a tooth brush
    If that doesn't work Google it

Comment

• Pauly Faulkner
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2012
      • Maitland, NSW

I've been using the five star brand 3in1 degreaser from woolworths lately and it is by far the best I've used. I also have a bottle of Kenco truck degreaser from bunnings that I used to use (and sometimes still do), it works ok but nowadays I just add a capful of it to the car wash bucket instead.

Depending on how much oil has gummed up with road grime and dust at the bottom of the engine bay I usually do a pressure wash down there first to get the bulk of it off, then top to bottom with the 5star degreaser, let it sit for about a minute then hose off with the garden hose on low. Repeat if it needs it.
      Then after it dries I lanolin spray the chassis etc and tyre shine the plastics and rubber.
      97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
      97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

• 02-SR5
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2010
        • Toowoomba

Best way to clean is to keep it clean.

I use those $2 red cans from Supercheap.

I have kept it clean from new, so I haven't had to go overboard.

Keep it of your electrical terminals then spray off with a garden hose.

I use a small Kartcher for about $99.

Best to do it first thing in the morning when it's cold. Depending how dirty, I would spray the night before.

When I'm done and all is dry, I spray all the black bits Armourall tyres cleaner. Looks good, but, from then on, all the dirt and grime just slides off.
        MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

• Parky326
          • Sep 2014
          • Currently Darwin

As already said by someone else. I would use a good degreaser and either a jet wash not to close up or a decent pressure hose pipe normally does the job.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X