Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Trekking around Oz

Trekking around Oz Where have you been? Where are you going? Report your trip.

Old 09-06-08
Valued Member

Send a message via MSN to JoshF
Default SE QLD Catch-up

Guys,

I think there is enough of us in the vicinty to organise a local gathering.

I am pretty free this coming weekend (June 14 and 15th), what about Mt Mee, Glasshouse mountains, Bribie Island etc??

Let me know if anybody is interested

Josh
NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/
Old 09-06-08

Send a message via MSN to mattza13

hey, sorry im out for a few weeks now, i have snapped one of my main leaf springs and have no money to fix it. and money is tight now for a few weeks because of evil phone bills and gfs bday, but next month ill deff be up for something, have always been keen to go wheeling iwht other pajeros and also to goto mount mee

cheers matt
Old 10-06-08
Valued Member

Have to pass this time. I'm getting ready for 4 weeks on the road, leaving the following weekend so all time/money is accounted for...

Can't wait....

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.
Old 10-06-08

Josh,

I am out too, just got back from a long weekend down near Rathdowney but there should be enough for a trip at some stage.

Have you been in touch with the Mitsubishi Club up here? I was a member previously and they were a pretty good bunch.

Duane
Old 10-06-08

Hey Josh

Hope these Gatherings are still happening when I am back in Bundy to live again,We are moving back in December 2009.
I have 2 acres there to build on & a four bay shed is on the must have list & ramps with pit for the under body cleaning is on the wish list.
Should be a few shing Dings happening when I get back,Looking forward to it.
Cheers Gary
3" Lovells/Bilstein
3 Exhaust
Winch
NP 05 DID
Old 10-06-08

Would love to come along but I'll be up camping at Cooloola Nat. Park, as long as the weather improves a bit.

Bye Jeff.
Old 17-06-08
Valued Member

Decided I would go out for a bit of a drive to Mt Mee on Sunday, using the Dirty Weekends for SE QLD as a guide.

Followed Laceys Creek Road pretty much out of Dayboro (an hour north west of Brisbane) onto the reasonably smooth gravel road which climbed up around the mountains, some great views back to Moreton bay and the hinterland.

MtMee015.jpg

MtMee016.jpg

MtMee018.jpg

MtMee019.jpg

Followed the directions regarding engaging "low range for steep decline" for the turnoff to Jacky Creek Road and hit the decline, and I must say heartbeat definately kicked into higher gear. Sort of decline where firewall and locked leg extension keeps you in the seat rather than hang off the seatbelt :-) with approx 12 large whoopdeee doos to head over on the run down. Some nice deep ruts but only hit the standard front guard once (unless the sticky mud jumped up and attached itself) with some really nice thick churned up mud at the bottom to slide through and a couple of shallow creek crossings, which failed to remove the mud.

MtMee021.jpg

Had a ball doing it and can really see how capable the Pajero is.

All great except the 30+ minutes with a high pressure hose removing the mud on the way home
NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Last edited by JoshF; 17-06-08 at 11:42 PM.
Old 19-06-08

Josh,

The pics are not working can you repost?
Old 19-06-08
Valued Member

MtMee015.jpg

MtMee016.jpg

MtMee018.jpg

MtMee019.jpg

MtMee021.jpg
Old 16-08-08

Send a message via MSN to mattza13

Hey, im planning on going up to glasshouse on sunday the 24th if anyone is intersted..just send me an email on mattza13@hotmail.com and il let u know some details

cheers matt