Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Rear Bumper Protection Completed NS-NT!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • markus
    • Jan 2008
    • Sydney Northern Beaches, NSW

Hi Kieron,

Just been looking at this thread again after last weekend's driver training! The two paj's on the course were amongst the most capable out of a mixed field, handling everything thrown at them with ease. Only thing that caught us both out was a small innocent looking creek crossing with steep in & out angles. My lifted paj fared much better than the other stock one, I've got my bumper almost back to normal after pulling one side back a bit. The other guy completely remodelled his bumper into a ferrari-style venturi-looking setup!

I'm strongly considering one of these bumper protectors now, see below as to what can happen, all too easily, without them...

My paj:
    Attached Files
    Mark
    -----------------
    2010 NT Activ Auto DID Silver, Rear Diff Lock, Pirelli Scorpion ATR 265/70R17LT, Lovell HD/Bilstein 2" Lift, Polyairs, ARB Deluxe Bar, Airtek Snorkel, Tow Bar, XRay 55w HID Spotties, Bushskinz plates & rear protector bar, GME TX4500S, Ctek D250S Dual Battery, Rhino Pioneer Platform, ARB 47L Fridge

Comment

• markus
      • Jan 2008

The other stock (non-lifted paj) - ouch!
      Attached Files
      Mark
      -----------------
      2010 NT Activ Auto DID Silver, Rear Diff Lock, Pirelli Scorpion ATR 265/70R17LT, Lovell HD/Bilstein 2" Lift, Polyairs, ARB Deluxe Bar, Airtek Snorkel, Tow Bar, XRay 55w HID Spotties, Bushskinz plates & rear protector bar, GME TX4500S, Ctek D250S Dual Battery, Rhino Pioneer Platform, ARB 47L Fridge

Comment

• Pearcie
        BushSkinz 4x4
        • Nov 2007
        • Wattagans

OUCH!!! yep that definitely wouldn't happen with one of our rear guards fitted!!!

Oh well hopefully a good day was had by all even if there was a few bruises....

Cheers,
        Kieron
        2012 Holden RG Colorado LX 2.8L Auto "Rad Rado"
        Snorkel, Bilstein & Kings 50mm Lift, Custom Sliders, BushSkinz Underbody Protection, UHF, ARB Compressor, Ironman Bull Bar, Ironman 9500lb Rope Winch, Ironman HID Spotties, BFG KM2 Muddies.

Retired: NS Pajero Exceed 3.8L

Retired: NS SWB X DiD "The BushSkinz lil Paj"

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=9928

Retired: NM Pajero 3.5L

www.bushskinz4x4.com.au[/SIZE]

Comment

• markus
          • Jan 2008

Just called a dealer spare parts dept and checked the costs for a rear bumper replacement. Quote for the plastic centre section was $130 (black) or $195 (silver), and $385 for the pressed metal bracket assembly that goes in behind to hold it together.

Certainly makes a rear protection bar sound like good insurance...
          Mark
          -----------------

Comment

• Pearcie
            BushSkinz 4x4
            • Nov 2007
            • Wattagans

Yep if it was something that only happened once then it would be fine just to repair the rear bumper. But unfortunately it happens all the time, I used to tear the rear bumper off almost on a weekly basis on our nm at Stockton and back in those days I used to just tech screw it back together and manipulate it a bit when needed. I should of developed a guard like this back then as it would virtually eliminated the problem.

Cheers
            Kieron
            2012 Holden RG Colorado LX 2.8L Auto "Rad Rado"
            Snorkel, Bilstein & Kings 50mm Lift, Custom Sliders, BushSkinz Underbody Protection, UHF, ARB Compressor, Ironman Bull Bar, Ironman 9500lb Rope Winch, Ironman HID Spotties, BFG KM2 Muddies.

Retired: NS Pajero Exceed 3.8L

Retired: NS SWB X DiD "The BushSkinz lil Paj"

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=9928

Retired: NM Pajero 3.5L

www.bushskinz4x4.com.au[/SIZE]

Comment

• markpeh
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2010
              • Lake Clarendon QLD

I bought one if these for our nt. It paid for itself first trip out. One the same simpson dune that I hit the front bash plate and the rear bar, the ford ranger that was following me bent its chassis. Thanks to keiron for great products. And thanks to common sense for not driving an overloaded airbagged ranger into the simpson....
              NT ACTIV 2010 DID Manual

Comment

• AJC
                Valued Member
                • Sep 2009
                • ACT

Originally posted by markpeh View Post
                I bought one if these for our nt. It paid for itself first trip out. One the same simpson dune that I hit the front bash plate and the rear bar, the ford ranger that was following me bent its chassis. Thanks to keiron for great products. And thanks to common sense for not driving an overloaded airbagged ranger into the simpson....
                I'd hazard a guess the leaf spring airbags were a big cause of the chassis break; there is a post of a new Triton on here with the same issue.
                Gone: 2004 21st Anniversary NP DiD Auto with 215ks, EcoShot diesel gas, bullbar, drive lights, snorkel, UHF, 2nd battery + Redarc isolator & wired for fridge + trailer Anderson plug, Mits 2.5 ton towbar, Lovell 50mm HD springs + shocks + Polyairbags, torque converter lock-up.

Selling some touring kit - see Marketplace

Arrived: 2011 Discovery 4 2.7 TDV6 - The difference is amazing... Paj definitely designed in the 1990s and at a lower price point!

Comment

• markpeh
                  Valued Member
                  • Apr 2010
                  • Lake Clarendon QLD

Originally posted by AJC View Post
                  I'd hazard a guess the leaf spring airbags were a big cause of the chassis break; there is a post of a new Triton on here with the same issue.
                  Got it in one. She had 80psi in the air bags and was seriously loaded. Have seen tritons narvaras hilux all suffer same fate. Air bags are not all they are cracked up to be.
                  NT ACTIV 2010 DID Manual

Comment

• Pedro's Pajero
                    • Jul 2014
                    • Brisbane

Originally posted by Pearcie View Post
                    Thanks David,
                    I haven't seen the ARB tow bar but if the distance between the 2 recovery points/tie down points on the tow bar is 975-980mm and if you measure on the underside of the tow bar where you slide you tow bar tongue in, it should be 225mm long from the opening to the back including the back plate (the plate at the rear of the hitch that stops the hole for your tow bar tongue filling up with muck from the back). If these measurements match up then I am sure that it will fit.

If you email through a couple of pics and if possible have some one hold a tape measure in place I should be able to confirm for you, just to be on the safe side, as I don't like my chances of finding a local Paj with as ARB tow bar.

Cheers,
                    Kieron

Can they fit NP Pajeros? or can you make them for this model?

Comment

• ReefMaster
                      • Aug 2015
                      • Tarneit VIC

Originally posted by Pearcie View Post
                      Hi Guys,
                      Well good news I have finally had a chance to nut out the rear bumper protection for the NS and NT Pajeros both SWB and LWB which are fitted with the Mitsubishi Tow Bar. The Design which I have finalised allows you to swap between towing and rear recovery hitch without removing the bar which is a major advantage and you only need to undo 2 bolts to be able to remove it when not required.

It will take a fair bit of punishment with brackets made from 8mm thick plate, the rear section has a 3mm wall thickness and the mount in the center where the recovery hitch and tow bar go through has a 5mm wall thickness and to top it off the skid plate underneath is 3mm thick as well.

I have attached a few pics which show it pretty nicely, we have managed to keep it nicely tucked in close to the rear bumper and also flows on nicely from the aux fuel tank on our SWB. Best of all it should stop the rear bumper from acting as a sand scoop on the beach which I found was a major problem on our last LWB as we always tore out the area about 600mm either side of the tow bar.

Anyway at this stage we will be making them to order and depending on interest we may or may not have them as a regular item. But if you want one I will be doing them for only $450 without a recovery hitch or $500 with a recovery hitch. (please note you need to have a recovery hitch or the tow bar installed as it forms an important part of the mounting system and you will need a recovery hitch should you need to use a recovery point at the rear of the vehicle.)

When I get a chance I will get under an NM/NP as I believe their tow bar is a little different.

I look forward to hearing from you guys soon!!!

[email protected]

Cheers,
                      Kieron
                      Hi Kieron,
                      I simply love the Bushkinz rear bar and underbody bash plates .
                      Expect a call from me for your sliders .
                      btw the Koni/Lovells suspension that I purchased from you was money well spent . The suspension has improved vastly . Thank you for all the help and assistance . And the quality of the products you make is of a very high standard .
                      2010 NT Pajero Exceed

Koni Raid 90 series Lovells HD/ Koni Raid 88 Kings KCRR-35HDSP. Front & Rear ARB diff lockers/18inch CSA Jackals on Atturo Trail Blade MT 275/65/18. Full Bushkinz/SAFARI snorkel/ARB Deluxe Bar & Runva 11XP/GME TX4500S/
                      Piranha Dual Battery system /UL80-VO AGM battery/ Gista 160W Solar Panel/36 inch 480W LED Light bar/Kings Awning and Awning tent/9inch 185W Led/ LRA tank
                      Wants: a roof tent/ exhaust/drawers

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X